Saturday’s Celeb Guest | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Saturday’s Celeb Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weitsman’s checks likely went to brady’s/edelman’s charitable causes. We all know they dont need the money.

Kudos to Weitsman investing $ and promoting SU -seriously.
Would prefer that celebrity attendance wasn't needed by the program as a major recruiting/promotion point.

ie:
I'm there or tuned-in to watch SU hoops, not celebrities.
Ideally, the program, facilities, fans, and history should draw top recruits vs. who sits courtside.

But suppose I'm just an aging fan who's not getting what's important now! ;)

I agree that people who are incessantly negative about this situation are annoying. But you're taking it too far to the other extreme. It's natural for people to be inquisitive about something that is out of the ordinary. That's not being ignorant or absurd.
Inquisitive is fine. Negative is ignorant and absurd. There are a number of blatantly negative posts in this thread that I am calling out.

Im surprised Weitsman’s not on his phone more often with how our team comes “prepared” to defend the homecourt.

Can’t believe some of the negativity here. Fallon was terrific and obviously into the game and experience. The crowd loved him. Edelman had some great interplay too, looking hurt at the boos then donning a Cuse jersey. Brady engaged with fans throughout. And Syracuse University is all over social media as well as more traditional channels (ESPN, NBC News). All this with four high profile recruits in the house. Don’t care what it took to bring them to the Dome or what the motivation was for Adam, seeing anything but positives out of at least this aspect of yesterday’s event is completely ignorant and absurd.
I have been fortunate to live in many special towns and cities including London. CNY is beautiful but it also has a negative underlying vibe that permeates many of the people. Its always been this way.

I have been fortunate to live in many special towns and cities including London. CNY is beautiful but it also has a negative underlying vibe that permeates many of the people. Its always been this way.
well THAT post may get some run! ;)

Can’t believe some of the negativity here. Fallon was terrific and obviously into the game and experience. The crowd loved him. Edelman had some great interplay too, looking hurt at the boos then donning a Cuse jersey. Brady engaged with fans throughout. And Syracuse University is all over social media as well as more traditional channels (ESPN, NBC News). All this with four high profile recruits in the house. Don’t care what it took to bring them to the Dome or what the motivation was for Adam, seeing anything but positives out of at least this aspect of yesterday’s event is completely ignorant and absurd.

The fact that some see it as a negative, impugn motives, and insult people who are essentially guests is awful.

Who cares why they are here? It doesn’t effect me one way or another but for people to react not only negatively but with venom to what is worst case meaningless is ridiculous

I hate the patriots just as much as the next person. But I thought it was really cool that Brady, in particular, was there. Great pub too.
It's crazy this is even a 20 page post. I guess that's what happens when your team laid an egg and it's still winter. We either need a magical run or skip a month for baseball to start. By then our visitors will be long forgotten.

This dolphins fan was in awe of Brady. The guy radiates greatness and I mean that in as least a concerning way as saying that can be taken

I hate the patriots just as much as the next person. But I thought it was really cool that Brady, in particular, was there. Great pub too.

Exactly how I feel. Can't stand the Pats as a Bills fan, but feel the same way. I can differentiate my feelings for Brady and Edelman when they are playing for the Pats as opposed to attending a Syracuse game. I'm not a 5 year old.

Absolutely. But insert any other star player form any other team and I still think your post was that of a clown.

Eloquent, and classy.

The emotional outbursts and name-calling in this thread are kind of sad, but funny at the same time.

I agree. I mean Brady and Gisele are worth $600 million. The chances of him coming to the Dome for money is probably pretty low.

I'm genuinely curious, are these celebs coming to the Dome to bring awareness to some charitable cause Adam is supporting like children's Cancer research or a scholarship program? If so that's absolutely wonderful, and can I donate also?

Or is Adam simply the world's absolute coolest guy on Earth to be around and celebrities are willing to be in Syracuse, NY in February just to hang out with him? If that's the case, that's totally fine too. It's just out of the ordinary and thus inherently interesting.
It's definitely worth the trip if he takes them to his home on Skaneateles Lake.

As much as I enjoyed Piven in Entourage, Old School and PCU, he doesn't really sound like a stand up guy, either.

But hey, recruitz were impressed by him!

Shocked that Westry didn't commit on the spot, having seen Edelman play with his phone at an SU game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom