Saturday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Saturday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
-28d6c422bd5e5fcf.JPG

Syracuse quarterback competition looks like it's down to 2, plus other practice observations

Syracuse, Allen go through ups and downs in first practice with pads

Freshman defensive end Johnson impressing in first week of camp

Running backs shine in first practice with pads

Trying to Get On the Field: Syracuse QB John Kinder Offers Switch to WR

Orange Faithful Enjoy Annual Fanfest

Photos

-1582f541341f810b.JPG

Fan Fest

Videos

2013 Fan Fest a hit for Syracuse Football fans

Janae Smith, sister of Syracuse running back Jerome Smith, is profoundly deaf

Syracuse Orange head coach Scott Shafer at Orange Fan Fest on QBs

Recruiting

Penn State recruiting target Thomas Holley will reportedly attend season opener vs. Syracuse

Former Players

rougeriders-e1351463965170.jpg

Taj Smith a big part of Saskatchewan’s dynamic offensive attack

Syracuse DT Deon Goggins 'enjoying his family' but still hoping for a shot in the NFL

Familar faces of Buffalo Bills give Provo his opportunity

Thomas could see time at CB

Steelers notebook: LeBeau impressed with Jones, Thomas

ACC News

Virginia Tech notes: Wisconsin series delayed

RECRUITING: CBC's Muniz commits to Duke

UNC Football: The Importance of Defeating Miami

Day 9: Attaochu excited by progress

ACC Video

Bryn Renner, North Carolina: ACC Top 25 Players to Watch

James Gayle, Virginia Tech: ACC Top 25 Players to Watch

Former Staff

Coach Pasqualoni Impressed With UConn's New Uniforms

Nation

Patrick Stevens' preseason college football rankings, Nos. 111-115

New NCAA rules changing the way defense is played?

The PSU article regarding Holley just further demonstrates that PSU is not suffering from their sanctions. Another top recruiting class? Really? Guess P e d o p h I l I aisn't the turn off it used to be.

The PSU article regarding Holley just further demonstrates that PSU is not suffering from their sanctions. Another top recruiting class? Really? Guess P e d o p h I l I aisn't the turn off it used to be.

It's a Penn live article. Penn State could have a group of 150 lb kids and they would still proclaim it a top recruiting class for them. They're doing ok but the numbers loss is really hurting them and they are taking commits quicker vs waiting it out for top recruits with other football factory offers. They are a fringe top 25 class vs perennial top 10 classes they netted in the past.

I think they would've offered Zaire if they had that extra 10 scholarships so their loss is our gain and Franklin may not be the only one.

It's a Penn live article. Penn State could have a group of 150 lb kids and they would still proclaim it a top recruiting class for them. They're doing ok but the numbers loss is really hurting them and they are taking commits quicker vs waiting it out for top recruits with other football factory offers. They are a fringe top 25 class vs perennial top 10 classes they netted in the past.

I think they would've offered Zaire if they had that extra 10 scholarships so their loss is our gain and Franklin may not be the only one.

Perhaps. But I wouldn't have expected even a fringe top 25 class, due to lack of numbers and reduced interest in the school. I just don't see the sanctions hurting them as much as they should have. He'll, the game from MetLife shouldn't even be on TV.

Perhaps. But I wouldn't have expected even a fringe top 25 class, due to lack of numbers and reduced interest in the school. I just don't see the sanctions hurting them as much as they should have. He'll, the game from MetLife shouldn't even be on TV.

I'll tell you the same thing that we tell ourselves about out recruiting class. Let's see where they end up ranked in February.

Metlife not being on TV would hurt SU moreso than PSU so I'm not with you there for selfish reasons. Perhaps their home games should be blacked out but that would just rally the fans to support them even more so what would it accomplish?

I'll tell you the same thing that we tell ourselves about out recruiting class. Let's see where they end up ranked in February.

Metlife not being on TV would hurt SU moreso than PSU so I'm not with you there for selfish reasons. Perhaps their home games should be blacked out but that would just rally the fans to support them even more so what would it accomplish?

A total tv ban would preclude them from having each of their games turn Ito PSU Love Fests as their games last year seemed to be. True it would hurt SU if the MetLife game wasn't on TV. But I think a total tv ban was warranted. And that's our punishment for playing them.

A total tv ban would preclude them from having each of their games turn Ito PSU Love Fests as their games last year seemed to be. True it would hurt SU if the MetLife game wasn't on TV. But I think a total tv ban was warranted. And that's our punishment for playing them.

I'm not sure there is a correct answer. The NCAA is toothless and isn't going to have a power move to make bigger than what they did.

I can tell you that in PA the PSU fans don't hold the football program responsible and most view Paterno as a victim.

I'm not sure there is a correct answer. The NCAA is toothless and isn't going to have a power move to make bigger than what they did.

I can tell you that in PA the PSU fans don't hold the football program responsible and most view Paterno as a victim.

I am sure that's true.

The sanctions will have an accumulative effect over time via scholarship reductions. O'Brien is proving this will affect the quantity, but not the quality of who PSU signs. As ImperialOrange mentioned, the PSU football program is seen as a "victim" of the Sandusky fall out among fans and recruits in PA/northeast.

The sanctions are going to hit them like Miami was hit under Davis. Quality kids will be there, but a huge lack of depth and more pressure on the coaches not to miss on recruits. Penn St will still get good kids with O'Brien's NFL pedigree, but I would assume they would struggle later in the season as injuries accumulate.

Lots of praise for Isaiah Johnson. 6-5 290lb DE and he's a true freshman! Wow. Sounds like he's gonna play a lot. The DL is stacked.