Saturday will be a home game..,, | Syracusefan.com

Saturday will be a home game..,,

I just got home...we had a lot more fans than IU, but oddly quiet...it was almost shocking to watch the assault on Indiana. After it was over though leaving it got LOUD.

Clydes was fun, and not as crowded. Funny watching random IU fans roll through after the game, enduring pain.

If the Cuse fans in the building were anything like me, they were trying to not get too excited...as if our excitement level and expectation level is inversely proportional to the chance of the team winning. ..yet and still we do behave that way.

I just got home...we had a lot more fans than IU, but oddly quiet...it was almost shocking to watch the assault on Indiana. After it was over though leaving it got LOUD.

Watching it on TV I thought the same thing visually (more Orange fans), but IU fans were louder whenever they did anything that looked like they may make a game of it.

I think it was Dokich that said a couple of days ago that Syracuse fans expect the worse while Hoosier fans believe they will win their sixth NC every year.

Cheers,
Neil

If the Cuse fans in the building were anything like me, they were trying to not get too excited...as if our excitement level and expectation level is inversely proportional to the chance of the team winning. ..yet and still we do behave that way.

It was like watching a mugging, almost really cannot cheer that.

We miss more dunks than who know what...

Clydes was fun, and not as crowded. Funny watching random IU fans roll through after the game, enduring pain.

Tomcat thought IU had a few more fans than us. On TV you can't tell but you could tell the IU fans were a lot louder.

Sent using my Commodore 64

So, are we wearing the dark unis again on Sat? That's good.

On TV, looked like there were a ton more Indiana fans to me.

'"will" ?

as if we don;t already?

It was like watching a mugging, almost really cannot cheer that.

We miss more dunks than who know what...
It's really incredible. Uncontested too.

Tomcat thought IU had a few more fans than us. On TV you can't tell but you could tell the IU fans were a lot louder.

It looked even in the lower levels -- but I think the Orange had a clear edge in the 400s. And I'd say most "LGO!" chants were during timeouts.

I was there. Cuse fans were definitely a plurality without any doubt (but not nearly by as much as I thought we would be). Tons of marquette fans. Half bolted after their W, bearly every miami fan left after the first game.

IU fans were loud and coordinated. Much much more so than us cuse fans. I was afraid of making a fool of myself celebrating too early

JimBoeheim_original.gif

On TV, looked like there were a ton more Indiana fans to me.

the SU section was across from the SU bench, so not on TV. The Indiana section was behind their bench.

I thought IU had more fans, although once the game was being played it was tough to see how the upper deck shook out, too dark. They were definitely louder. SU fans didn't seem to have that Georgetown game presence to me, where we just want to p!ss them off by being louder than them in their own stadium. 2nd half, I think many SU fans were understandably taking the nervous approach. As Bayside said, we didn't let that steam out until we officially knew it was over.

I think Tom is discounting how many Marquette fans were there. If they weren't there in numbers then they were in noise. They had a raucous upper deck section. Again, hard to see, but since they were all sitting together it looked like at least 2-3 full sections of people going crazy during that game. In the lower bowl they held their own, as did each team.

I figured 40% IU, 35% SU, 15% Marquette, 10% Miami.

Having said that, noise won't matter Saturday. Our defense will. Best team defense I can remember out of SU in a long long time, if not ever.

I thought IU had more fans, although once the game was being played it was tough to see how the upper deck shook out, too dark. They were definitely louder. SU fans didn't seem to have that Georgetown game presence to me, where we just want to p!ss them off by being louder than them in their own stadium. 2nd half, I think many SU fans were understandably taking the nervous approach. As Bayside said, we didn't let that steam out until we officially knew it was over.

I think Tom is discounting how many Marquette fans were there. If they weren't there in numbers then they were in noise. They had a raucous upper deck section. Again, hard to see, but since they were all sitting together it looked like at least 2-3 full sections of people going crazy during that game. In the lower bowl they held their own, as did each team.

I figured 40% IU, 35% SU, 15% Marquette, 10% Miami.

Having said that, noise won't matter Saturday. Our defense will. Best team defense I can remember out of SU in a long long time, if not ever.
watched the game in a bar, we were all quiet too.

the hoop, non-Cuse fans were like, 'whats up? why so quiet?'

basically we were waiting for the last shovel of dirt to be thrown on the 6 foot deep body.

because up to that point, was waiting for a comeback...

SUball

Oh Lord

the SU section was across from the SU bench, so not on TV. The Indiana section was behind their bench.

Yup that's what I thought too. Also, one of the TV cameras last night was color balanced SO poorly. SU looked red. People in the crowd looked like lobsters. It was horrible.

I think that is a result of watching us give up a couple of big leads this season, or at least watching us give up that huge lead against Louisville. I know that was in the back of my head as we built the lead in the first half and then started to give it back as we went to halftime and immediately after.

I think that is a result of watching us give up a couple of big leads this season, or at least watching us give up that huge lead against Louisville. I know that was in the back of my head as we built the lead in the first half and then started to give it back as we went to halftime and immediately after.

I was in the chat room at the time and there was partial meltdown until we got lead back up to 12 .. it was brutal.

Yup that's what I thought too. Also, one of the TV cameras last night was color balanced SO poorly. SU looked red. People in the crowd looked like lobsters. It was horrible.
The color was definitely off. Switching between the LA games and Washington games was like night and day in terms of picture. Really odd for such a high profile game.

The clock in the second half took forevvvvvvvver until I got comfy with about 3 to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom