saw me some Nova today | Syracusefan.com

saw me some Nova today

Shark58

BANNED
this morning I leave my office to get some much needed Dunkin caffeine. I turn the corner to head to my "secret" little DD around the corner and as I'm walking down the block, out of the hotel comes a few large individuals in Nova gear. As I pass them, I make eye contact with Jay Wright. I said "Hey Coach. I'm a Syracuse guy and I really miss hating on you." He laughs and gives me a fist bump.

Later in the day I end up walking a couple of blocks next to Arcidiacono and another white guy, not sure who. I asked them why they were in town and when he replied it was for Big East media day, I again shared my loyalty and dropped a similar line about missing really hating on them. Another laugh, then a few minutes of conversation about the good old BE days. He really seemed to miss it. I went into how much I loved the BE growing up...at least everyone except anything associated with GTown. Both of them opined on what a great BEast of conf it was. We all agreed that things aint what they used to be, but it could be worse (*cough WhoConn). I wished them luck in the upcoming season, and mentioned how a couple of 6'8" bangers to work the boards would really help their tourney runs. Another laugh, slight eyeroll and a "tell me about it" later and we parted ways.

All in all, for brief experiences neither could have been nicer and I really do with them the best, except if we play them in March

Last edited:
this morning I leave my office to get some much needed Dunkin caffeine. I turn the corner to head to my "secret" little DD around the corner and as I'm walking down the block, out of the hotel comes a few large individuals in Nova gear. As I pass them, I make eye contact with Jay Wright. I said "Hey Coach. I'm a Syracuse guy and I really miss hating on you." He laughs and gives me a fist bump.

Cool story - thanks for sharing!

Cool story - thanks for sharing!

I also saw Flav on Seventh Ave a few weeks ago

2zz585u.jpg

(pic not 100% accurate)

If you see Arcidiacono again, kick him in the balls for me.

Ha, I had a very similar encounter.

I was walking to my office, and I too noticed a group of guys wearing Nova gear. I didn't really have much to say to the players, but I did feel the need to share a sentiment alongs the lines of OP's to Jay Wright.

So here I am, wearing a Syracuse hoodie (coming from the gym, going to change when I got to the office) and wouldn't you know it, he said something to me first. I don't remember word-for-word, but it was something along the lines of "Syracuse fan, huh? Well I miss the old big east, man."

Nodding in agreement, we then went on to have a couple-minute long discussion about how the seasons and the city haven't been the same without the old Big East tournament. I then asked him if he remembered the Onuaku and-1 during the at-the-time attendance record game. He laughed and said, "Of course he had to go and make the free throw, didn't he?!" Afterwards, his laugh slowly faded into a smile, then a stern stare. "That'll be tree-fiddy," he said. I then noticed that this was not Jay Wright, head coach of Villanova basketball. This was a 9ft left-over from the Paleozoic era: the god dam Loch Ness Monster. Upon realization, I quickly walked off to work shaking my head at what had just transpired.

All in all, it was an interesting morning.

Lawrinson14 said:
Ha, I had a very similar encounter. I was walking to my office, and I too noticed a group of guys wearing Nova gear. I didn't really have much to say to the players, but I did feel the need to share a sentiment alongs the lines of OP's to Jay Wright. So here I am, wearing a Syracuse hoodie (coming from the gym, going to change when I got to the office) and wouldn't you know it, he said something to me first. I don't remember word-for-word, but it was something along the lines of "Syracuse fan, huh? Well I miss the old big east, man." Nodding in agreement, we then went on to have a couple-minute long discussion about how the seasons and the city haven't been the same without the old Big East tournament. I then asked him if he remembered the Onuaku and-1 during the at-the-time attendance record game. He laughed and said, "Of course he had to go and make the free throw, didn't he?!" Afterwards, his laugh slowly faded into a smile, then a stern stare. "That'll be tree-fiddy," he said. I then noticed that this was not Jay Wright, head coach of Villanova basketball. This was a 9ft left-over from the Paleozoic era: the god dam Loch Ness Monster. Upon realization, I quickly walked off to work shaking my head at what had just transpired. All in all, it was an interesting morning.

I freaking love you

Ha, I had a very similar encounter.

I was walking to my office, and I too noticed a group of guys wearing Nova gear. I didn't really have much to say to the players, but I did feel the need to share a sentiment alongs the lines of OP's to Jay Wright.

So here I am, wearing a Syracuse hoodie (coming from the gym, going to change when I got to the office) and wouldn't you know it, he said something to me first. I don't remember word-for-word, but it was something along the lines of "Syracuse fan, huh? Well I miss the old big east, man."

Nodding in agreement, we then went on to have a couple-minute long discussion about how the seasons and the city haven't been the same without the old Big East tournament. I then asked him if he remembered the Onuaku and-1 during the at-the-time attendance record game. He laughed and said, "Of course he had to go and make the free throw, didn't he?!" Afterwards, his laugh slowly faded into a smile, then a stern stare. "That'll be tree-fiddy," he said. I then noticed that this was not Jay Wright, head coach of Villanova basketball. This was a 9ft left-over from the Paleozoic era: the god dam Loch Ness Monster. Upon realization, I quickly walked off to work shaking my head at what had just transpired.

All in all, it was an interesting morning.

going to the gym? don't forget to bring a towel!

Later in the day I end up walking a couple of blocks next to Arcidiacono and another white guy, not sure who. I asked them why they were in town and when he replied it was for Big East media day, I again shared my loyalty and dropped a similar line about missing really hating on them. Another laugh, then a few minutes of conversation about the good old BE days. He really seemed to miss it. I went into how much I loved the BE growing up...at least everyone except anything associated with GTown. Both of them opined on what a great BEast of conf it was. We all agreed that things aint what they used to be, but it could be worse (*cough WhoConn). I wished them luck in the upcoming season, and mentioned how a couple of 6'8" bangers to work the boards would really help their tourney runs. Another laugh, slight eyeroll and a "tell me about it" later and we parted ways.

All in all, for brief experiences neither could have been nicer and I really do with them the best, except if we play them in March
Did Archie flop when you went to shake his hand?;)

You forgot to say something to Jay Wright about staying off the court during games!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom