Say a little prayer for the Rossco | Syracusefan.com

Say a little prayer for the Rossco

OT:Gong to be right in the eye at 120 at mph for almost 6 hours.
You're crazier than I am. I'm waiting until tomorrow morning to see if the weather changes. Hopefully the storm slides a little further east.

keep-calm-and-hold-strong-2.png

I feel for your home/personal property that you cannot pick up and take with you but why aren't you getting to safer ground?

Just spoke to a lady at the doctor's office and one of their staff went to Charleston for vacation. Her brother told her to get out, and she said "just one more day". Now she's in trouble because there are gas shortages and the highways are backed up. Not a good situation along the coast. If you can leave...leave soon. Heed the warnings.

The so called mandatory evacuation orders should be called highly recommended. They mean you are on your own if you have a problem during the storm if you stay. Emergency workers will not be obligated to help in extreme conditions.

sutomcat said:
Good luck Rossco123. Where are you exactly?

I know rossco and the last I knew he lived in Freeport

Rossco123 said:
OT:Gong to be right in the eye at 120 at mph for almost 6 hours.

Good luck buddy! Just saw it left Nassau and is headed toward Freeport. Be safe.

The so called mandatory evacuation orders should be called highly recommended. They mean you are on your own if you have a problem during the storm if you stay. Emergency workers will not be obligated to help in extreme conditions.

Using the word "mandatory" is precisely because of your last sentence. So there's absolutely no ambiguity and irresponsible people can't complain afterwards that the language wasn't strong enough.

Yep so many in New Orleans rode it out and paid a dear price when Katrina came through.

Oh wow. I was thinking about the Bahamas and how they can't evacuate like Fl. and S.C. Stay safe. Hope you are somewhere away from storm surge, and hunkered down. Please let us know as soon as you can that you are ok.

I cannot believe how lightly some people are taking this down there. Mostly all they know is close calls and past brushes with hurricanes that were false alarms. This one does not appear to be that way.

One of them is someone I know well who lives in Charleston, who's house is on the intercoastal right before the bridge to the isle of palms, whose houses on stilts for gods sake and still needed some convincing to take this thing serious and evacuate (and still has not as he was not planning to head out until tomorrow afternoon and now I wonder if he can get out and get gas and supplies, etc. to get out this after reading and hearing about shortages with everything down there). If Sandy was a category one and did what it did to New York so catastrophically I can only imagine what this one is going to do if it stays on its current path and strength.

Get the F out people!

Just talked to a buddy in JAX. He's actually cocky - says his house was born in '33 and is "on a bluff above the St John River - well above the median high water mark". I told him it's not worth it. He said he's starting a hurricane party shortly. I don't have that kind of bravado.

Just talked to a buddy in JAX. He's actually cocky - says his house was born in '33 and is "on a bluff above the St John River - well above the median high water mark". I told him it's not worth it. He said he's starting a hurricane party shortly. I don't have that kind of bravado.
It ain't bravado bro, it is called stupidity. Remember seeing a documentary about all these people having some hurricane parties from some past hurricanes, and I know most of them did not make it. Tell him that and tell him to get the F out

It ain't bravado bro, it is called stupidity. Remember seeing a documentary about all these people having some hurricane parties from some past hurricanes, and I know most of them did not make it. Tell him that and tell him to get the F out
Agreed. He's got plenty of $$$ also. He could go anywhere for a couple of days. Stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom