Schedule Rumors | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Rumors

It matters for scheduling series with other teams.
When you give a dead program a 2-2 how do you use leverage and get better series.
UConn is an independent they can’t get P5 teams to play them 2-2.
They have gotten home/homes with P5 teams but the Syracuse name brand will help them draw people to their home games.
We don’t help draw opponents for many football teams but for UConn we will.
Thus we have some leverage.
We could and should have honestly gotten a 3-2 series if we were giving them more than a 2 game series.

It’s the truth.
We aren’t going to have 15k road fans there.
We have drawn 15K for BC games at Chestnut Hill in the past.

I agree., it isn't going to happen after a string of losing seasons, but if we get a couple of solid winning seasons going, maybe get ranked again, getting 15K to East Hartford is very realistic.

Hoping we are at that point, and UConn still has a football team in 2027.

It matters for scheduling series with other teams.
When you give a dead program a 2-2 how do you use leverage and get better series.
UConn is an independent they can’t get P5 teams to play them 2-2.
They have gotten home/homes with P5 teams but the Syracuse name brand will help them draw people to their home games.
We don’t help draw opponents for many football teams but for UConn we will.
Thus we have some leverage.
We could and should have honestly gotten a 3-2 series if we were giving them more than a 2 game series.

It’s the truth.
We aren’t going to have 15k road fans there.
I've been to three SU games at the Rent, and we've absolutely had at least 10K fans there for all of them.

I just can't get worked up over a 2-2 series.

The war is over but when you schedule games we need 7 home game seasons.
It’s hard to do that consistently when you have to give programs like UConn an even series.
They have no leverage.
They need 12 games scheduled every season.
Not 4 thus their home schedule slates are going to be weak.
If they have Syracuse on the schedule it’s a game their fans will want to go because they hate us.

Leverage the fact they need 12 games scheduled if they want us 2 times at their place then they come here 3 times.
It’s not hard to get that done when their alternative is home games with western Kentucky, San Jose State, New Mexico State type teams.
I would like to have 7 home games every season too. That would be awesome and it should still be a goal each season.

It should be pointed out that UConn is scheduling home and home games with a lot of P5 programs. The only thing we did that was unusual was signing up for a 4 game series.

I don't know for sure what our options are but it seems to me there aren't many schools out there willing to play us 2 for 1 or 3 for 2. If they are willing, it is probably going to be someone like Liberty, who can beat us (and have already proved that).

If the choice is a 2 for 1 with Liberty or a 2 for 2 with UConn, at this point, I would take the 4 sure wins. I think JW and company are looking to schedule wins and try and get the program in a position where they can consistently have winning seasons and go to bowl games.

We surely make more money with the 2 for 1 series with Liberty than the 2 for 2 with UConn. It looks to me as though JW is prioritizing wins over money and I agree with him that wins are the top priority right now.

I would like to have 7 home games every season too. That would be awesome and it should still be a goal each season.

It should be pointed out that UConn is scheduling home and home games with a lot of P5 programs. The only thing we did that was unusual was signing up for a 4 game series.

I don't know for sure what our options are but it seems to me there aren't many schools out there willing to play us 2 for 1 or 3 for 2. If they are willing, it is probably going to be someone like Liberty, who can beat us (and have already proved that).

If the choice is a 2 for 1 with Liberty or a 2 for 2 with UConn, at this point, I would take the 4 sure wins. I think JW and company are looking to schedule wins and try and get the program in a position where they can consistently have winning seasons and go to bowl games.

We surely make more money with the 2 for 1 series with Liberty than the 2 for 2 with UConn. It looks to me as though JW is prioritizing wins over money and I agree with him that wins are the top priority right now.
Yep, UConn has upcoming home-and-homes with Purdue, Tennessee, BC, Maryland, Duke, NC State, North Carolina, Ole Miss and Indiana. As best I can tell, the only P5 school that "leveraged" them into an unbalanced deal is Ohio State (UConn plays them once in Columbus). Every other P5 team scheduled equitably.

I don't see what the big deal is about SU scheduling two home-and-homes against a regional opponent. I doubt anyone would be upset if we did that with Army (oh wait, we did).

UConn's stadium is the biggest crap hole I have ever been in. Their fans are atrocius. I attended one game there and it was the only time that I literally had concerns for the safety of my family. I would never travel there again other than to walk across the street to Cabelas.

Helps UConn more than us but what will piss me off is if one of those years that we play at UConn we only have 6 home games.

Helps UConn more than us but what will piss me off is if one of those years that we play at UConn we only have 6 home games.
That should hopefully never happen.

Going forward the scheduling floor to me is 3 outta 4 years we have 7 home games.

If we ever go to 9 ACC games then I hope we get 7 home games 65% of the time

Sept. 10 at Connecticut
Sept. 17 vs. Purdue
Sept. 24 vs. Wagner
TBD vs. Notre Dame

Nov. 6 at Connecticut

Work to do on the 2027 schedule.

Im good with the pups. Its a win it counts we recruit the area it gets NYC and Boston press and its close. Checks lots of boxes

The idea of playing UConn is fine.

It’s just how we schedule them:
We should treat them how Penn State would treat us schedule wise.

The idea of playing UConn is fine.

It’s just how we schedule them:
We should treat them how Penn State would treat us schedule wise.
Nope. Nuh uh.

Not going near this one. Mmm, no.

Sept. 10 at Connecticut
Sept. 17 vs. Purdue
Sept. 24 vs. Wagner
TBD vs. Notre Dame

Nov. 6 at Connecticut

Work to do on the 2027 schedule.
We could toughen it up by adding Wagner.

That should hopefully never happen.

Going forward the scheduling floor to me is 3 outta 4 years we have 7 home games.

If we ever go to 9 ACC games then I hope we get 7 home games 65% of the time

Being in CT, playing CT gives so little recruiting advantages. The best kids tend to be part of boarding schools and look nationally. And local kids just don’t look up to UCONN at all.

We should be playing Stonybrook every year at home. NY State school gets a check and we ge t a win.

Yep, UConn has upcoming home-and-homes with Purdue, Tennessee, BC, Maryland, Duke, NC State, North Carolina, Ole Miss and Indiana. As best I can tell, the only P5 school that "leveraged" them into an unbalanced deal is Ohio State (UConn plays them once in Columbus). Every other P5 team scheduled equitably.

I don't see what the big deal is about SU scheduling two home-and-homes against a regional opponent. I doubt anyone would be upset if we did that with Army (oh wait, we did).
You honestly think playing Army is the same thing as playing UConn.
Road game at Michie Stadium alone is worh playing Army.
That drive and campus is beautiful.

Traveling down route 2 to get to East Hartford is not the same thing.

We should also give Army the respect they deserve.
UConn needs us more than we need them.
Tennessee is not playing UConn home/home. Tennessee cancelled that and they are playing a single game at Tennessee.
Ole Miss is not playing UConn home/home.
UConn got Middle Tennessee to travel to UConn and UConn agreed to do Middle Tennessee game at Ole Miss. Middle Tennessee got money from UConn and Ole Miss and Middle Tennessee gets a future home game from UConn.

Getting schools like Indana, Boston College, Duke/UNC for home/homes are fine.
We didn’t need to give them 4 games.
They need us.
If we giving them for more than a 2 game series we should have gotten more.
UConn is not Army.
Playing Army is a privilege. Playing UConn does nothing.

Being in CT, playing CT gives so little recruiting advantages. The best kids tend to be part of boarding schools and look nationally. And local kids just don’t look up to UCONN at all.

We should be playing Stonybrook every year at home. NY State school gets a check and we ge t a win.
These are the FCS teams we should host: any team within a 6-7 hr bus ride to Syracuse. Colgate is the best deal though.

We should play local non conference P5 and G5 teams within 6-7 hours of CNY

You honestly think playing Army is the same thing as playing UConn.
Road game at Michie Stadium alone is worh playing Army.
That drive and campus is beautiful.

Traveling down route 2 to get to East Hartford is not the same thing.

We should also give Army the respect they deserve.
UConn needs us more than we need them.
Tennessee is not playing UConn home/home. Tennessee cancelled that and they are playing a single game at Tennessee.
Ole Miss is not playing UConn home/home.
UConn got Middle Tennessee to travel to UConn and UConn agreed to do Middle Tennessee game at Ole Miss. Middle Tennessee got money from UConn and Ole Miss and Middle Tennessee gets a future home game from UConn.

Getting schools like Indana, Boston College, Duke/UNC for home/homes are fine.
We didn’t need to give them 4 games.
They need us.
If we giving them for more than a 2 game series we should have gotten more.
UConn is not Army.
Playing Army is a privilege. Playing UConn does nothing.
OK.

We gotta play someone. Maybe more road games against MAC schools is the way to go?

These are the FCS teams we should host: any team within a 6-7 hr bus ride to Syracuse. Colgate is the best deal though.

We should play local non conference P5 and G5 teams within 6-7 hours of CNY

Bus?

OK.

We gotta play someone. Maybe more road games against MAC schools is the way to go?

Those schools get actual talent. I want you and the poster who can never seem to get a game on TV in CT to go to a game.

Bus?
Yes, teams that bus in cost less to pay a guarantee fee. This is why Colgate is the cheapest team to get. Also, if a team can bus in...that means we might get 500-1000 of their fans who can drive in to help fill the visitors section.

ever try to fly to Colgate?
Syracuse students chartered a plane and had it flown to Hamilton one year when the SU-Colgate rivalry was still a thing.

They dumped a lot of dye in the pond on campus and turned it orange.

That is the only flight I have ever heard of between the campuses. The campuses are about 39.7 miles apart from each other.

Are there a lot of examples of lower P5 teams (Purdue, Rutgers, Wake, Oregon St, Vandy) getting 2 for 1's from G5's (I know UCONN isn't aligned a G5 anymore, but still) in the last 10 years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom