Schools pausing/cancelling basketball activities... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Schools pausing/cancelling basketball activities...

UConn’s gotten pretty lucky so far.

Bouknight has been out for 5 games and in that stretch UConn has played 3 of the 4 worst teams in the Big East 4 times, and Creighton. They went 3-2.

They were going to play Nova without Bouknight but now that’s out of the picture.

I know they didn’t make the schedule - but it’s a been break for them the schedule they had, plus the Nova delay, all with Bouknight out.

Per KenPom, DePaul/Butler/StJohns would all be the 13th worst team in the ACC, only better than BC and Wake

UVa's game against Louisville on Saturday has been cancelled and we'll play Pitt on Saturday instead.

His death is hitting this area hard. Very well known in the basketball circles.
I didn't know him, and haven't seen my hoops buddies much lately, but I'm sure it's the same up here. Was an assistant at UVM as well. It's a small community.

Same age as me as well. Too young.

In case anyone still wonders why we have to be careful with COVID.

Awful. It's not the right thread but last night lost a former colleague from CoVid- 35 yrs old 4 kids and one on the way. Died at home when it went south in a hurry after being sent home from ER.

I'm wondering about the ACC tournament. We've got 2 games to make up now, VPI and Louisville, and there aren't many slots left in Feb to use for them. Will Greensboro just cancel them or make us play a bunch of games in a week? I know they want to have the tournament, but will they cancel it to make up as many of the regular season games as they can?

Last edited: