Scoop sucks today... | Syracusefan.com

Scoop sucks today...

Good thing we have 3 other capable guards. But I agree with you; should be Waiters/Triche.

and KJo is all spaz and Fab sitting most of the half - and it's still a blowout.

and KJo is all spaz and Fab sitting most of the half - and it's still a blowout.

Marq went on a 7-2 run to end the half - just enough to keep it a game

By the way, I hope we have a record blowout against Marq.

That fast break mid range jumper that Scoop took 1 on 4 was absolutely ridiculous - Boeheim agreed.

I don't know what's wrong with Joseph, he's slipped and fell at least 3 times. He has the grace of Constantin Popa today.

Scoop had a very bad first half. Both Scoop and Joseph need to keep things moving and not dribble so much. I am sure he will pick it up, but Dion and Brandon are getting it done.

and KJ has dribbled ball off of foot 3 times first half...incredible...Scoop game in with a few minutes to go in first half and Marquette went on 7-2 run...doesnt seem like a great run..but keeps Marquette in contact...Scoop has taken poor shots...pounded ball incessenatly and has made a number of bad passes...he should sit

KJ could have the worst handles of any SF I've seen lately. Not sure how he translates into a first round pick?

Not sure why Triche gets no love down the stretch anymore.

Scoop was beyond awful today. I marked down atleast 8 "What" moments for him. He is a 5th year senior who still plays like a frosh most of the time. Boeheim loves familiarity.

Not sure why Triche gets no love down the stretch anymore.

Scoop was beyond awful today. I marked down atleast 8 "What" moments for him. He is a 5th year senior who still plays like a frosh most of the time. Boeheim loves familiarity.
Is Triche hurt? He missed a 3 badly and never saw the court again.

Thankfully Dion and Triche made plays so we survived a Scoop STINKER. He was awful on both ends of the court today. His defense at the top of the zone was terrible. I lost count of the number of times MU guards just blew by him into the paint for easy buckets and dish offs. He was constantly late getting out on 3-pt shooters and never had his hands up. I don't get why JB had him in the game the last 7 minutes and BT on the bench. Fortunately we have several guys to contribute this year. Last year we lose this game by 8 points.

Bizzaire the way that jb decides to substitute players. I will never understand that man. No way in this game that I can see going with scoop down the stretch. I can't see any logical reason for it. He couldn't have played much worse. I think that MCW would not have made the types of mistakes that scoopp does. In fact I gaurantee it

Bizzaire the way that jb decides to substitute players. I will never understand that man. No way in this game that I can see going with scoop down the stretch. I can't see any logical reason for it. He couldn't have played much worse. I think that MCW would not have made the types of mistakes that scoopp does. In fact I gaurantee it
I certainly dont understand having him on the court in FT shooting situations. Makes zero sense.

Also can someone tell Triche to stop trying to wipe his hands off in the middle of his crossover?

I actually think that MCW is the best Guard and maybe player on this team right now. When the kid has played he's done nothing on the court to suggest he isn't ready yet. He's made very few foolish mistakes. Certainly can't see any logical reason that he didn't play today

>>I actually think that MCW is the best Guard and maybe player on this team right now. When the kid has played he's done nothing on the court to suggest he isn't ready yet. He's made very few foolish mistakes. Certainly can't see any logical reason that he didn't play today>>

37% from the field and 25% from three suggests he isn't ready to score the ball, but I agree he has looked good running the team as pg

>>I actually think that MCW is the best Guard and maybe player on this team right now. When the kid has played he's done nothing on the court to suggest he isn't ready yet. He's made very few foolish mistakes. Certainly can't see any logical reason that he didn't play today>>

37% from the field and 25% from three suggests he isn't ready to score the ball, but I agree he has looked good running the team as pg
He's also had very few shot attempts. Believe me the kid can score and in a big way. He also has playeded very good defense. If you're good enough you should play and he's more then good enough

Scoop was so bad today that JB actually had to call an emergency timeout just to get him out of the game. And should have taken at least one more. Scoop playing like he did today makes us a Sweet 16 team as a ceiling. Just like it did last year. You can only throw away so many possessions on moronic shots. Dion took one also (the corner three from behind the backboard), but overall Scoop is just a killer. He reserves his most insane mental mistakes for the most critical moments in games.

I still think we could have won at Pitt last year if he didn't absolutely torch 3 possessions when we had it to 1 point mid-second half. I am shocked and dismayed that he was in the game in the last 3 minutes instead of Triche. Makes me think JB maybe suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness.

POST OF THE YEAR!
He has the best overall game of the guards and by large margin. Time will show that. His game is very refined. He really has no real weakness. You will see my friend

Scoop was so bad today that JB actually had to call an emergency timeout just to get him out of the game. And should have taken at least one more. Scoop playing like he did today makes us a Sweet 16 team as a ceiling. Just like it did last year. You can only throw away so many possessions on moronic shots. Dion took one also (the corner three from behind the backboard), but overall Scoop is just a killer. He reserves his most insane mental mistakes for the most critical moments in games.
Completely agree! Scoop has had a career of bone headed plays. He is by far our least talented guard. I have no idea why JB has such a love affair with him. He's just not a smart basketball player. We have a much higher ceiling with Brandon or MCW at the point. They have far higher basketball IQs
I still think we could have won at Pitt last year if he didn't absolutely torch 3 possessions when we had it to 1 point mid-second half. I am shocked and dismayed that he was in the game in the last 3 minutes instead of Triche. Makes me think JB maybe suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness.

Completely agree! We have a much higher ceiling if Brandon or MCW is at the point. They have a much higher basketball IQ

MCW is the weakest physically of all our guards by a long shot and MU had strong guards. And he would have had his dribble way out in front of him against a team like MU I don't like that thought. Although that would have tempted MU to double him more which leaves someone open.

Although we could have used his height in the zone and a few minutes in the first half when up 15. It Would have helped put more pressure on MU knowing we had a 4th guard and gave us a confident option had he had a good first half.

Could of used his passing in a small window tonight maybe also.

Dion had a tougher time getting to the rim tonight as did Scoop, KJO and Fair did a good job getting near the basket though.

MU drew a million charges against us last year, this year they met the real Melo :D

I actually think that MCW is the best Guard and maybe player on this team right now. When the kid has played he's done nothing on the court to suggest he isn't ready yet. He's made very few foolish mistakes. Certainly can't see any logical reason that he didn't play today
Here's the MCW problem--lack of strength. The Marquette guards would have mugged him every time down court, and, as a frosh, he would not have had a friendly whistle. (As was just said by fan13:).)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom