Season Prediction thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Season Prediction thread

Based on the predictions; @USF and @UVA really are the swing games. Most of us predicted between four and six additional wins on the schedule. I went negative because I think it is hard to win on the road against comparable talent, but I wouldn't be shocked to see wins in one or both games.

9-3 regular season. Losses to 3 of LSU, FSU, Clemson, Ville. Think we win at least one of them. If we stay healthy.

Really shows the strength of our division when we can win 9 games and still finish 4th in the division.

If we are beat up again we probably still get to 5-6 wins. I think we start the year very well. We could get to 6 wins in the first 7 games.

If the oline stays healthy I think we can find enough QB play to win 7 games even if its not Hunt. No team can survive qb and oline injuries like last year. 9 -3

RI - W 40-7
WAKE - W 33- 17
CMICH - W 35 - 14
LSU - L 38-28
USF - W 27 - 20
UVa - W 31 - 21
Pitt - W 28-27
FSU - L 31 - 20
VILLE - L 35-31
CLEM - W 27 - 24
NC state - W 38-17
BC - W 40-17

URI - W
WF - W
CMU - W
LSU - L
USF - W
UVA - W
PITT - L
FSU - L
LV - L
CLEM - L
NCS - L
BC - W

6-6 overall, 3-5 in the ACC
Figured "what the hell" and decided to dive a little more in depth:

otto.. saw the link to yardbarker.. glad to know the wayne simmons dude is back to lead us on D..

RI - W
WAKE - W
CMICH - W
LSU - L
USF - W
UVa - W
Pitt - L
FSU - L
VILLE - L
CLEM - L
NC state - L
BC - W

6-6

I am just curious. Why do so many of you think that SU will lose to NC State? I've looked at their depth chart and there is a lot of inexperience on there. Plus they play a very weak OOC.
Exactly! Add to that the fact that a Syracuse team that was playing 3rd and 4th team players nearly beat these guys last fall screams that we have a real chance in this game, if not an outright favorite to win.

I am just curious. Why do so many of you think that SU will lose to NC State? I've looked at their depth chart and there is a lot of inexperience on there. Plus they play a very weak OOC.
It's a road game against a team with similar levels of talent.

one thing we have found out , other than VT/Clemson/FSU I dont think any place in the ACC has any real home field advantage. Much like the Dome, if the home team is struggling there is no home field to over come. if NC st is sitting on a 6-7 win season it will be just an avg crowd and if we play well we can win.

Yes. But we went there in 2013 and beat them... with the same QB and similar talent
I'm not saying that it is out of the question to get a victory, but if one is asking me to pick games objectively, I will pick the home team when talent levels are close.

I'm not saying that it is out of the question to get a victory, but if one is asking me to pick games objectively, I will pick the home team when talent levels are close.

Now I'm not picking on you, and this goes to the other thread that discusses talent level, but how well do you know the talent level of NC State. I think that most would have to honestly say, until the other teams in the conference actually play a game there is no way to say who is at what level... with the exception of 3 or 4 teams.

Now I'm not picking on you, and this goes to the other thread that discusses talent level, but how well do you know the talent level of NC State. I think that most would have to honestly say, until the other teams in the conference actually play a game there is no way to say who is at what level... with the exception of 3 or 4 teams.
I agree, I tend to look at recruiting rankings and generally assume most of the ACC teams are pretty equal.

Based on the predictions; @USF and @UVA really are the swing games. Most of us predicted between four and six additional wins on the schedule. I went negative because I think it is hard to win on the road against comparable talent, but I wouldn't be shocked to see wins in one or both games.

I'll do that one better... everyone is assuming we beat Wake. And we damn well should, because we managed to beat them on the road last year when we were neck deep in injuries. But the only games that I think are stone cold locks for us are URI and CMU. I'm nervous about Wake. I know everyone will tell me that's ridiculous, but the way things are until we beat them I won't sleep easy.

Get a little mojo going and there's no telling what can happen. I'll say 8-4 and they take a "can't win" game ... I'll guess Clemson. Let the snakes go bite all the other teams this year. Cuse has paid their dues.

5-7

RI - W
WAKE - W
CMICH - W
LSU - L
USF - W
UVa - L
Pitt - L
FSU - L
VILLE - L
CLEM - L
NC state - L
BC - W

what fun is it to pick no upset games and with our team if you pick an upset you might as well pick a game we could or should win and lose

what fun is it to pick no upset games and with our team if you pick an upset you might as well pick a game we could or should win and lose
I hope we win every game but I believe we have little to no chance at Louisville or Florida State. Those teams offenses have to much talent and will score on our defense. Same with Clemson and LSU at home.

I think we can upset Virginia and NC State on the road I just don't expect to win those games. I hope we do and even if we split those games UVA/NCSU that would show me we are a bowl team.

I hope we win every game but I believe we have little to no chance at Louisville or Florida State. Those teams offenses have to much talent and will score on our defense. Same with Clemson and LSU at home.

I think we can upset Virginia and NC State on the road I just don't expect to win those games. I hope we do and even if we split those games UVA/NCSU that would show me we are a bowl team.
How are you doing or how did you do?

How are you doing or how did you do?
I cashed I finished 49th. Very happy with my finish. I busted out w/99s against an AQ and got turned and knocked out. I will be back for the main event Saturday 1100 buy in.

The event #2 had a really low buyin only like 72 entries after the 628 entries for our event.

I cashed I finished 49th. Very happy with my finish. I busted out w/99s against an AQ and got turned and knocked out. I will be back for the main event Saturday 1100 buy in.

The event #2 had a really low buyin only like 72 entries after the 628 entries for our event.
Good for you. I hope you really enjoyed yourself!!

Good for you. I hope you really enjoyed yourself!!
You going Friday or Saturday? We gotta get on the same table. I will play one of those qualifiers if your going in.

You going Friday or Saturday? We gotta get on the same table. I will play one of those qualifiers if your going in.
I can't and I'm bummed about it. I really wish you would have dropped by on tuesday. I had a whole fake routine in store for you. I was going to act all mad about your stance on Hillary and Scott S. Damn you!!! By the way, play a qualifier anyway. Cheapest way in.