Season Ticket thought | Syracusefan.com

Season Ticket thought

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Hey DRBartlett -

Had a thought for you while wading through the Dome throng yesterday. I've always wondered why Syracuse doesn't do more for long time season ticket holders. Lots of benefits through the Orange Club but it seems they are all based on annual renewals and how much each individual contributed the previous year. Seems like there used to be a point system years ago where you accumulated points but I never understood that or seemed to get any benefit.

Anyway, consider offering long term season ticketholders two additional $99 season tickets for football. Set the parameters any way the model works based on number of years or preferred level and make it a one time deal or offer every 5-, 10- year increment depending on inventory of open seats. Great opportunity to help recruit future STH's, gets additional butts in seats and adds concession and souvenir revenue. Other approaches would be to make these $99 vouchers in case the recipients wanted to trade up but limit to incremental season tickets. Might also ask for a nominal donation ($25?) to ensure only serious parties apply.

Excited about the direction of the program and I think an offer like this might jump start filling the Dome.

Additional season tickets don't really work for me, especially if they're nowhere near the block of tickets I currently own.

How about parking discounts for long time season ticket holders?

How about a debit card good for concessions?

good ideas. all of them.

Love both of those ideas OX but they wouldn't put more people in the Dome. Best selling point I've had the last few years are the Fine Mess tailgate. Need more ammunition.

Just read an article about Iowa this morning. They are really struggling with season ticket renewals and if fans order season tickets by March 13, they'll receive $70 to spend at Kinnick's concession stands during games and a 30 percent discount off all items purchased during one visit to Herky's Locker Room before the season starts.

Last edited:
I'm still holding out for a pass to Club 44. I remember when my dad was an Orange Pack member in the early 80's going with him to the Ernie Davis Room. A $50 cover to get in is absurd.

SUFaninNJ said:
I'm still holding out for a pass to Club 44. I remember when my dad was an Orange Pack member in the early 80's going with him to the Ernie Davis Room. A $50 cover to get in is absurd.
Ah the Ernie Davis room. I used to love going in there as a teen, and looking at all the great pictures in there.

OT Response

Dude! You linked to an Ad Age article...nice!

- Ad Geek

I saw it linked by one of SU's SPM faculty members, but glad someone appreciated it.

Season ticket holders who don't drive to the game because they're staying in a local hotel should be served beer until the end of the game.

In other words, I should be served beer until the end of the game.

(if I spill it on the 2nd deck below me, they can make me sit in timeout for one quarter).

Season ticket holders who don't drive to the game because they're staying in a local hotel should be served beer until the end of the game.

In other words, I should be served beer until the end of the game.

(if I spill it on the 2nd deck below me, they can make me sit in timeout for one quarter).

As long as "timeout" is in Club 4 4, correct?

I know that they won't serve to the end of the game because of the liability, but I remember back circa 1980, a buddy and I went to a Chiefs game and it went 19 innings and Mr. "COLD BEER, GET YOUR COLD BEER! LAST ONE!!!" was selling beer under the first base stands up until the last out. Ah, the olden days.

As long as "timeout" is in Club 4 4, correct?

I know that they won't serve to the end of the game because of the liability, but I remember back circa 1980, a buddy and I went to a Chiefs game and it went 19 innings and Mr. "COLD BEER, GET YOUR COLD BEER! LAST ONE!!!" was selling beer under the first base stands up until the last out. Ah, the olden days.

Even the Dome was selling until the end of the 3rd quarter as late as, I want to say, 1993. But then the city of Syracuse and/or state of NY had their crackdown, tried to eliminate any all you could drink for $X happy hours, and at the same time the Dome changed their policy.

I blame the Maggie's owner for every last bit of it. "Tonight, 8-12, Free Beer if you look over 16" sounds like a great promotion for a Thursday night. But it's just asking for trouble.

Even the Dome was selling until the end of the 3rd quarter as late as, I want to say, 1993. But then the city of Syracuse and/or state of NY had their crackdown, tried to eliminate any all you could drink for $X happy hours, and at the same time the Dome changed their policy.

I blame the Maggie's owner for every last bit of it. "Tonight, 8-12, Free Beer if you look over 16" sounds like a great promotion for a Thursday night. But it's just asking for trouble.
when the dome changed their policy, drunken fools responded by stockpiling as many beers as possible. then they limit it to two per person. like it's an insurmountable hassle to make twice as many trips

Hey!

It's $25...

Has it always been $25, or did I pull a Clemens and misremember?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom