Selling a portal QB on CUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Selling a portal QB on CUSE

You aren't selling, you're buying. That's the reality. Fans really need to understand you can't shop at Louis Vuitton with a Marshall's credit account.
Well based on an identity theft case I'm part of, they can buy stuff at Marshall's, return it for cash, then go to LV.

Just passing the facts - only real laws are physics.

Sam Hartman got somewhere in range of 1-1.5 million for 1 year at ND. Cuse would have to pay that plus some to get the same quality QB unless there was a Koda Martin type situation.

Then they need help on the oline, a stud WR, and many DL. That’s lots of NIL.
I think that included a Bose deal, an energy drink deal, maybe a Beats deal? Lots of deals to play with the big boys.

How much do we have available?
images (4).jpeg

Peña was out this year as well, Gadsden, Peña, Alford, Brown, Hatcher, Villari, Gill is a good Base. Line had two starters down with injury. I think we have plenty of talent if we backfill with depth and get a QB who can run/pass.
And you know that some of those people you mentioned will be wearing Orange next year? The portal swings both ways.

You aren't selling, you're buying. That's the reality. Fans really need to understand you can't shop at Louis Vuitton with a Marshall's credit account.

Dig into the FCS or another retread at a P5 who is on the bench (usually for reason) and see if you can pull one or two and let them compete and hopefully one blossoms.

The numbers in NIL are real and we are outgunned by probably 10-1 against the power schools.
Agree buying but kids want a good situation for NFL chances

Dig into the FCS or another retread at a P5 who is on the bench (usually for reason) and see if you can pull one or two and let them compete and hopefully one blossoms.

The numbers in NIL are real and we are outgunned by probably 10-1 against the power schools.
I still want Sluka. Even though we didn’t go the Chesney route, it doesn’t seem that he will be going anywhere next season and Sluka is still very much in the portal.

He would be an upgrade right from the get go. Of course I have no idea what type of offense Brown will bring in, so not sure if he would fit.

But the point being there is value out there.

I still want Sluka. Even though we didn’t go the Chesney route, it doesn’t seem that he will be going anywhere next season and Sluka is still very much in the portal.

He would be an upgrade right from the get go. Of course I have no idea what type of offense Brown will bring in, so not sure if he would fit.

But the point being there is value out there.
Agree

We have most of the O-line returning, a future NFL WR, a future NFL RB who has great hands, depth, size and speed at WR. Seems like a great situation for any top level QB to come in and have a top offense in the country, much like before the injuries this year. Thoughts?
giphy.gif

The kid from New Hampshire looks pretty good.
I think so too. Just my opinion but Syracuse Qb will most likely be a reserve from a larger school looking for PT who has no clear path to be a starter and looking for an opportunity or a kid like this making a jump to the P4 level. Certainly won't be these QB for hire types. Rather see the freshman get a year under his belt but I guess you never know

I think so too. Just my opinion but Syracuse Qb will most likely be a reserve from a larger school looking for PT who has no clear path to be a starter and looking for an opportunity or a kid like this making a jump to the P4 level. Certainly won't be these QB for hire types. Rather see the freshman get a year under his belt but I guess you never know
Yep, high performer at lower level or P5 guy depth guy. We aren’t pulling a current P5 starter unless he’s part of a coaching change.

Only missing projected price tags, e.g. Brosmer would be a steal for Syracuse at $500k.
Kinda shocked that an a FCS guy is ranked as a 4 star transfer. Another Jared Verse? I think top schools might pump the brakes on him... Could be good for us.

Two realistic portal QBs at this juncture are

ArizonaSt/ND transfer Drew Pyne - CT native 8-3 as a starter

Temple transfer E.J. Warner

(6,000 yards and 40+ TDs in two seasons. Unfortunately he’s an Arizona native)

Wouldn’t it be nice if we had a prominent Football alum living in Arizona currently!

Had a couple personal interactions with Kurt out here. There’s no better guy in the world to get linked to Cuse