Senior Walk | Syracusefan.com

Senior Walk

mlbball99

2nd String
Should we be concerned that Marlowe is walking in the senior walk?

So is Darton.

1. Is there a list somewhere. I couldn't find anything at cuse.com

2. Both Wax and Darton are graduating.

Out of eligibility:
Isaiah Johnson
Caleb Okechukwu
Garrett Shrader
Jason Simmons, Jr
Chris Bleich
Joe More (unless he is granted a medical waiver)
D’Marcus Adams

Has a Covid year available:
Kevon Darton
Marlowe Wax Jr.
Justin Barron
Mark Petry

Should we be concerned that Marlowe is walking in the senior walk?

So is Darton.
No. We made the decision to fire our coach. We have accepted the reality that there will be wholesale change coming.

Out of eligibility:
Isaiah Johnson
Caleb Okechukwu
Garrett Shrader
Jason Simmons, Jr
Chris Bleich
Joe More (unless he is granted a medical waiver)
D’Marcus Adams

Has a Covid year available:
Kevon Darton
Marlowe Wax Jr.
Justin Barron
Mark Petry

I wish the young men who have eligibility would stick around and earn another degree or add another minor while they continue to work on their game.

Some of these guys have flirted with the idea of going to the NFL, but maybe they’ve taken note of what has happened with Mikel Jones and Sean Tuckers. Both were accomplished players at Cuse and both went I drafted. Yes, Tucker had a medical issue that affected his draft, but so far after ten games he has 15 carries and is listed as third team. Jones who was All-ACC 1st team in 2021 and preseason All-ACC and preseason All American in 2023 went I drafted and is currently a free agent.

Tucker and Jones both still had eligibility when they left.

The NFL is unforgiving and a player can be done before they even get started. But a degree, multiple degrees or a graduate degree last forever.

The next question is how many of these guys who will be honored will sit out a bowl game if the team is fortunate enough to win on Saturday and make it to a bowl game?

It wouldn’t shock me if a couple of the guys with eligibility test the portal.

I wish the young men who have eligibility would stick around and earn another degree or add another minor while they continue to work on their game.

Some of these guys have flirted with the idea of going to the NFL, but maybe they’ve taken note of what has happened with Mikel Jones and Sean Tuckers. Both were accomplished players at Cuse and both went I drafted. Yes, Tucker had a medical issue that affected his draft, but so far after ten games he has 15 carries and is listed as third team. Jones who was All-ACC 1st team in 2021 and preseason All-ACC and preseason All American in 2023 went I drafted and is currently a free agent.

Tucker and Jones both still had eligibility when they left.

The NFL is unforgiving and a player can be done before they even get started. But a degree, multiple degrees or a graduate degree last forever.

The next question is how many of these guys who will be honored will sit out a bowl game if the team is fortunate enough to win on Saturday and make it to a bowl game?

It wouldn’t shock me if a couple of the guys with eligibility test the portal.

Maybe they'll like the new coaching staff and stick around?

I’d hope we could line up an NIL bag for Wax I don’t think he’s on teams boards and is likely headed towards minicamp and first round of cuts. Might want a masters.

I would think I would want to walk with my SR class if I was playing a sport.

For LAX, everyone walks with their graduating classes.

Even the guys who redshirted a year and are coming back.

405218426_725237242984364_4693271446971224061_n.jpg

Marlowe didn’t do the walk. He was on the field and talking with what appeared to be family but he didn’t do the walk. We stayed like an hour after the game ended. The last player to finish the walk was GS.

Syracuse senior captains Marlowe Wax and Justin Barron were non-committal about whether they will play in the Orange’s bowl game following the team’s 35-31 win over Wake Forest on Saturday.

Both Wax and Barron said they needed to take time and put thought into decisions, both whether they will play in the bowl game and whether they would return to Syracuse.

“I haven’t made my mind up,” Wax said, when asked if he’s decided whether to return to Syracuse next season. “I’m just worried about this bowl game right now.”

When asked the same questions, Barron offered similar answers to Wax.

“I have no idea,” Barron said. “I have to talk to the coaches. I’ve got to talk to people that care about my future.”

When asked about whether he expected to play football in college next season, and whether he might go somewhere other than Syracuse, Barron repeated that he had no idea.

“I have no idea,” Barron said. “Just have to sit back and take a deep breath. I have no idea.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom