Serious question concerning Babers | Syracusefan.com

Serious question concerning Babers

ChrisCourt

Walk On
Ok, serious discussion time. WE all know that Babers pretty much doesn't have control of the team, and if you think he does, can you show it to me?

But here's my question, we all know that firing is a process these days, and gone are the days of just saying "you're FIRED!" So legit, what is the next step?

What does Wildhack do today? Nothing? Or does he have a simple chat with Babers in his office, pats him on the back and says hey buddy, I know the team lost, but that's ok, there's always next week. What gives?!?!?

This unraveling is very concerning!

Ok, serious discussion time. WE all know that Babers pretty much doesn't have control of the team, and if you think he does, can you show it to me?

But here's my question, we all know that firing is a process these days, and gone are the days of just saying "you're FIRED!" So legit, what is the next step?

What does Wildhack do today? Nothing? Or does he have a simple chat with Babers in his office, pats him on the back and says hey buddy, I know the team lost, but that's ok, there's always next week. What gives?!?!?

I think this goes back years. My guess is wildhack made it clear he couldn’t fire him because of money left on the contract but told him he was choosing staff and schemes from here on out. Since then Dino didn’t like his position but didn’t want to give up the money And this is the result.

I think this goes back years. My guess is wildhack made it clear he couldn’t fire him because of money left on the contract but told him he was choosing staff and schemes from here on out. Since then Dino didn’t like his position but didn’t want to give up the money And this is the result.
His contact is up, next year correct? Wonder how much is left 'on the table'

This result, is horrible, at best!

I think Babers has already been told this is his last year. At the end of the season, barring any other massively embarrassing losses, you'll see the announcement.

I think Babers has already been told this is his last year. At the end of the season, barring any other massively embarrassing losses, you'll see the announcement.
His demeanor does seem checked out. Like senioritis in high school or during that two week notice period where you have to pretend you care.

We had a good season last year and started 4-0. Dino wasn’t a lame duck until today.

I don’t know why the fall off was so drastic. I will say sitting a few rows behind our bench for the first quarter things didn’t look right and neither Davis or CDRW looked prepared to play.

Last night was bad and I don’t think VT was good either. BC or Georgia Tech probably could have gone in there and won.

I hope that you are correct.

There's no chance that JW actually selected assistant coaches or dictated schemes. Zero.

He may have strongly prompted Dino to make moves, and provided him the necessary money to hire who he wanted.

But there's no way he was like "Dino, I'd like to introduce you to your new defensive coordinator. Now, let's watch film and I'll explain the defensive scheme you'll be running".

The next step is do nothing until after the season and see where we are. Sadly if we somehow sneak 2 more wins I think he comes back. I have no faith in the school making an aggressive move here.

Yes.

The next step is do nothing until after the season and see where we are. Sadly if we somehow sneak 2 more wins I think he comes back. I have no faith in the school making an aggressive move here.
The realist in me, says that you are correct. The SU fan in me, says lets get the meathead outta here!!!

If Dino knows this is it, I wonder if that’s why he is starting to talk about transfer portal, NIL, etc. Excuses to protect himself and his image.
We had a pretty good year last year and this year started 4-0. He shouldn’t be predicting to be fired.

That said we were lost last night and VT wasn’t good it is time to move on.

wait a second WHEN was he told this is his last season?

This is massive information that makes no sense in a vacuum. Can someone elaborate on the timing of this announcement?
It's just a supposition; I personally think he's already been told. That's all. I could, quite likely, be wrong. There's absolutely nothing even close to an official/unofficial announcement.

Well currently Dino's name, image and likeness is about as valuable as a three dollar bill.
The 3 $ Bill might be much more valuable, actually!

He could win out, go 8-4, maybe 9-4 with a bowl win, and nothing happens

He could win out, go 8-4, maybe 9-4 with a bowl win, and nothing happens
you-you-de-niro.gif

Honestly, this could explain his calm demeanor after the butt kicking last night. I thought it was odd how calm he was, especially compared to how Shafer was the last half of his last season. Shafer had gotten very paranoid and jaded at the end and was unable to contain it. Dino is very collected, delusional or he's already been told that he's on his way out.

I don't. I do not believe at this stage that 6-6 gets him another year. It is one thing to lose, but to get smashed week after week is quite another. 6 wins with none of them being a "good win". Well, that gets you fired with 1 year to go on your deal.

It's just a supposition; I personally think he's already been told. That's all. I could, quite likely, be wrong. There's absolutely nothing even close to an official/unofficial announcement.
It’s more likely he was told that the school won’t be extending you. Coaches are typically given an extension before their last year. That helps recruiting. If he knows he isn’t getting one, then he’s basically been informed that it’s the end of the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom