Serious question concerning Babers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Serious question concerning Babers

That just isn't the case. It has nothing to do with balls. It doesn't take courage to fire a coach that isn't a winner. It took courage to fire or retire Desko and JB.
So then, I ask... what is JW waiting on???

He said that, eh? Well, I think that's a cop-out. Kansas States usually performs respectably, and they're not in a geographically favorable location.
He has essentially said this behind closed doors.

What is the urgency to make it public now? The result will be the same whether you do it now or a few weeks from now. We will hit the first day of postseason in search mode regardless of when we let him go. The only way you do it now is if your head coach in waiting is on staff and you want to give him a trial run to see how the team likes him.

What is the urgency to make it public now? The result will be the same whether you do it now or a few weeks from now. We will hit the first day of postseason in search mode regardless of when we let him go. The only way you do it now is if your head coach in waiting is on staff and you want to give him a trial run to see how the team likes him.
I understand what you're saying and if that's the case, then make Beck or Long the interim HC. Sick of the same ol, same ol... even Dungey called them out last night, saying no discipline, or heart shown.

Ok, serious discussion time. WE all know that Babers pretty much doesn't have control of the team, and if you think he does, can you show it to me?

But here's my question, we all know that firing is a process these days, and gone are the days of just saying "you're FIRED!" So legit, what is the next step?

What does Wildhack do today? Nothing? Or does he have a simple chat with Babers in his office, pats him on the back and says hey buddy, I know the team lost, but that's ok, there's always next week. What gives?!?!?

This unraveling is very concerning!
I understand it doesn’t make sense to fire him and still pay his buyout, but can’t they at least BENCH him? Tell him he’s not allowed to stand on the sidelines with his hands on his hips anymore.

It might keep the fans interested for the rest of the season

At least one more loss. No hurry to fire him if you have to wait until the end of the season to hire a new coach that may be coaching somewhere else currently.

I understand it doesn’t make sense to fire him and still pay his buyout, but can’t they at least BENCH him? Tell him he’s not allowed to stand on the sidelines with his hands on his hips anymore.
If they aren't going to fire him immediately, then put him on suspension for game days, and let Rocky, and Beck run the show.

The next step is do nothing until after the season and see where we are. Sadly if we somehow sneak 2 more wins I think he comes back. I have no faith in the school making an aggressive move here.
6-6 is the absolute worst case scenario.

What is his salary? I know it is “low” vs peers and I know college coaching is a tough and time consuming gig but…

Several million a year to get blasted against conference schools and call timeouts like a madman.

That is the dream.

Maybe he scheduled doctor's appointments all day today? You can't cancel those within 24 hours without penalty.
Despicable Me Lol GIF

The next step is do nothing until after the season and see where we are. Sadly if we somehow sneak 2 more wins I think he comes back. I have no faith in the school making an aggressive move here.
He is gone no matter what?
Is there any buy out left?
Ifhe had honor he would resign

Whoever is saying he could potentially win out or go 4-1 over the next 5 please stop.

We have an OL that can't block anyone.

We have a QB that is injured with limited mobility that is very good as a dynamic run/pass threat but when limited to just passing is not very good.

We apparently don't have a single person on the roster who is a more capable QB at 100% than our starter is at maybe 75% or whatever he is at right now.

Like most positions that have multiple starters, we lost our best receiving threat OG early in the season and clearly don't have anyone else that can be that type of threat.

We do have a dynamic RB but he's limited behind the same crappy OL referenced above.

Our D has basically become the "Let's try to hold them to a field goal" D. We do not always hold them to field goals.

We incurred 42 penalty yards yesterday. We literally had 0 rushing yards. I don't think I've every seen something like that before.

We still have the same HC who can't consistently clock manage or game manage towards the end of halves. The same HC who used to be aggressive on 4th down but now punts or kicks FG's situationally when the timing of the game / scoreboard call for him to be going for it.

I think his best case is 6-6 with pull out of our ass wins against BC and Wake at home because they are at home. I don't see us beating GT on the road or Pitt at YS and odds are you'll have 2 more blowouts there. Our OL will be a liability against every team we face.

I think this goes back years. My guess is wildhack made it clear he couldn’t fire him because of money left on the contract but told him he was choosing staff and schemes from here on out. Since then Dino didn’t like his position but didn’t want to give up the money And this is the result.
I couldn’t agree more. People pointed out issues with Babers and the people that were hired on. Certain posters shot it down constantly. But this hasn’t been the same coach since.

I disagree. I think there is at least a question. And the reason I say this is because we have been destroyed on national tv 4 weeks in a row. If it was 6-6, and we were competitive the last month, I agree 100% he would be back. Back to back bowls. But 6-6 with not just no good wins but a rout week after week, JW has to be thinking this has to end. No one will believe in this team next year. Plus, Dino will be a lame duck coach going in to next year. How could we recruit going forward with a situation like that? You can't. He either gets an extention (God forbid) or we let him go. It's either or. I guess you could give him another year to push the problem backa year but to what ends?

If it is extension or fire, what record is needed for an extension? IMO only 8-4. There is no reason to extend at 7-5 which is a step back from last year given the easier schedule. In which case shouldn't he be fired after L #5?

It would signal the season was over, so I don’t see it that way.
I think the players might play again, and the fans will be willing to watch and root for the interim replacement in hopes of a bowl game. I know I’m not rooting for them to make a bowl game with Dino at the helm.

To keep his job, he needs to finish the regular season either 7-5 or 8-4, without any more blowouts.
If there is another game like VPI then then he'll get the boot before the final game.

Meanwhile, JW has been fine tuning his replacement list and may already be putting out feelers.

If the team wins out, I just don't see him getting the boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom