Serious question concerning Babers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Serious question concerning Babers

I'm ready for us to move on from Dino too. However, not rooting for Cuse? Hmm... no way I could do that.
I want him gone as well, but I hope they win. I think they lose to BC next Friday. BC will likely have bowl eligibility on the line. If they don't fire him today, then after they lose to BC they have no choice.

He could win out, go 8-4, maybe 9-4 with a bowl win, and nothing happens

Yeah, he could.
But that would be like me winning the lottery.
Only, I don't buy lottery tickets.
That's what the eyes say - no chance, season is over.

I want him gone as well, but I hope they win. I think they lose to BC next Friday. BC will likely have bowl eligibility on the line. If they don't fire him today, then after they lose to BC they have no choice.

BC is statistically the most likely remaining win on the schedule.
If we are completely out of the game in the 2nd quarter again, then yes, please, fire him after the game.

I think the players might play again, and the fans will be willing to watch and root for the interim replacement in hopes of a bowl game. I know I’m not rooting for them to make a bowl game with Dino at the helm.
Not the average fan. People on this board, sure.

If we are completely out of the game in the 2nd quarter again, then yes, please, fire him after the game.
FSU 31
BC. 29
BC is not a bad team. A few weeks ago I would have agreed that they might be our best chance at another win, but I’m not confident at all anymore. We are playing so poorly now and I don’t know how we change that against a decent opponent, or any team we have left on our schedule..

There's topography at Syracuse.

Only corn in Kansas. And cows (but that doesn't count).

Anyways, clouds and snow aren't the biggest bullet points in another school's recruiting schtick. Kinda down on the list.

It's playing time, facilities, "going pro", winning, and fanbase.
Only corn in Kansas. And cows I prefer eating corn and cows over snow and ice. ;)

The problem is that this offense is so easy to defend. The pass game is virtually non-existent, so you just have to account for Shrader and LA running the ball. Play 6-8 in the box on early downs and QB spy GS on obvious passing downs.

Honestly, this could explain his calm demeanor after the butt kicking last night. I thought it was odd how calm he was, especially compared to how Shafer was the last half of his last season. Shafer had gotten very paranoid and jaded at the end and was unable to contain it. Dino is very collected, delusional or he's already been told that he's on his way out.
Or he knows he’s f’in bulletproof. DEI.
8 years. That’s two presidential administrations. Again, who keeps their job with this 18-43 record??

If it is extension or fire, what record is needed for an extension? IMO only 8-4. There is no reason to extend at 7-5 which is a step back from last year given the easier schedule. In which case shouldn't he be fired after L #5?
The problem with no extension, and I am not in anyway in favor of any extension, is that you can't have a lame duck coach. No one would come as a recruit and no ass't would stay if they had any other option. Meaningless discussion because we aren't going to extend him because we are never winning 3 of 4 or anything like that. JW has to be prayying that we win no more than 1 more game.

To keep his job, he needs to finish the regular season either 7-5 or 8-4, without any more blowouts.
If there is another game like VPI then then he'll get the boot before the final game.

Meanwhile, JW has been fine tuning his replacement list and may already be putting out feelers.

If the team wins out, I just don't see him getting the boot.
If we win out, he doesn't get fired. But, after what we have just seen over the last 4 weeks, can anyone see us winning 4 straight weeks?

Is there any upside of removing a coach before year end?

More generally speaking….what happened to 2016-2018 Babers? So much more fire and energy. We lost games but always exciting— super fun to watch those years. Offensive guru looks nothing like OITNF. Seems more surly with the press too. Serious if something just changed with him.

More generally speaking….what happened to 2016-2018 Babers? So much more fire and energy. We lost games but always exciting— super fun to watch those years. Offensive guru looks nothing like OITNF. Seems more surly with the press too. Serious if something just changed with him.
The upside would be beating peer schools to the candidates of your choice ... that is the biggest and only real reason I see.

This team honestly looked like it quit on him Thursday. Perhaps because his lack of fight the last few weeks..I don’t know. Maybe the team rallies around Long as an interim coach?

I like the idea if getting ahead start on replacement next year as well.

He should have been fired on the tarmac in Blacksburg. Why even bother let him attempt to scratch out 6-6 and - god forbid - let him keep the job.

We have 7 plus years of proof he’s not a good coach (wins 30 percent of conference games). The 2018 season was a fluke built on a soft schedule and Shafer’s guys. Since then he’s done just enough to hang onto his job. Now it’s gotten so bad the team appears to have quit and former players are calling Dino out. It’s over.

He’s a good guy who represents the program well but beyond that not sure what other positives he has. Now let’s go get a good coach who knows the northeast and will “coach them up”. We should be able to hang with the other teams in this league, at least outside of the Clemsons and FSUS when they’re at their peak.

Does this really look like a team that could run off 5 straight wins? Come on!!! This teams looks incapable of winning any game.
Ok? Are you taking issue with my DeNiro "You, you" gif?

He should have been fired on the tarmac in Blacksburg. Why even bother let him attempt to scratch out 6-6 and - god forbid - let him keep the job.

We have 7 plus years of proof he’s not a good coach (wins 30 percent of conference games). The 2018 season was a fluke built on a soft schedule and Shafer’s guys. Since then he’s done just enough to hang onto his job. Now it’s gotten so bad the team appears to have quit and former players are calling Dino out. It’s over.

He’s a good guy who represents the program well but beyond that not sure what other positives he has. Now let’s go get a good coach who knows the northeast and will “coach them up”. We should be able to hang with the other teams in this league, at least outside of the Clemsons and FSUS when they’re at their peak.
Everyone says he represents the program well. Obviously, he is kind and folksy on the surface and there have been no controversies. But has he been a good guy in the community? I don't live in Syracuse and visit a few times each year and follow the news. I don't see many articles/posts about him being out in the community like I do with JB, and now Red. Dino seems very low profile for such a big position. Have I missed him representing the program in the community/region?

Everyone says he represents the program well. Obviously, he is kind and folksy on the surface and there have been no controversies. But has he been a good guy in the community? I don't live in Syracuse and visit a few times each year and follow the news. I don't see many articles/posts about him being out in the community like I do with JB, and now Red. Dino seems very low profile for such a big position. Have I missed him representing the program in the community/region?
Ive asked this question multiple times. Is his wife involved with the team, or community at any level. I dont think ive ever seen a picture of her, seen her at a game or event or ever heard her mentioned by Dino.

There's topography at Syracuse.

Only corn in Kansas. And cows (but that doesn't count).

Anyways, clouds and snow aren't the biggest bullet points in another school's recruiting schtick. Kinda down on the list.

It's playing time, facilities, "going pro", winning, and fanbase.
And coaching

His demeanor does seem checked out. Like senioritis in high school or during that two week notice period where you have to pretend you care.
He got paid. He knows that he can't really coach for long. He knows that his time is nearing an end.

So let's say Dino wins vs Wake to make us 6-6 or 7-5. He will know going into that game whether or not SU will give him an extension. Does he plan to come back as a lame duck HC in 2024? Or does he try to save face and retire? He is 62 after all. He can go enjoy life. If SU isn't willing to commit, why put yourself through 2024?

So let's say Dino wins vs Wake to make us 6-6 or 7-5. He will know going into that game whether or not SU will give him an extension. Does he plan to come back as a lame duck HC in 2024? Or does he try to save face and retire? He is 62 after all. He can go enjoy life. If SU isn't willing to commit, why put yourself through 2024?

I'm sorry but the eye test says he's done. This has been a total collapse of basic function on the team, in the absence of the kinds of injuries that provided excuses for similar collapses in the past. Yes, we lost 2 players for the season, and a few guys are dinged up, but come on, this stuff is embarrassing.

No way he walks away from the money he would earn in 2024. And I don't think we let him coach as a lame duck either. The problem would be what ass'ts would we lose with Dino on a 1 year deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom