Seriously, What is with all the posts with people who will | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seriously, What is with all the posts with people who will

Allen will take a regular season NFL snap before Nassib does.

8-4 (9-4)

Oh Lord
I agree Nassib won't be taking any snaps in the NFL for the foreseeable future unless during garbage time, but I am not convinced Allen is an NFL QB until we see him play two games. I can see this team winning 8 games, but I don't think our expectations should be anything more than 6 or 7 wins with all the question marks on this team. Tulane, Wagner, BC should be wins, @Florida State is a loss and the other 9 games are questions marks.

youth leagues and high school.

in college its ok to keep score, provided you tell the lads & lass' that at the end of the season, you will all be even and tied for 1st!!!!

:bang::bang:
Oh Lord

Exactly, it's ing late August. Marrone and Shafer put some solid pieces together. I'm not ready to concede .500 as acceptable. I think we can do some damage if we can gel quickly and McDonald can run an offense. Every college team out the loses kids to graduation, we replaced Nassib with a 5th year senior who should be ready to go

9-4 is the goal...

Where did I say 6-6 would be a disaster? I just said let's set the bar a bit higher... Next year people will be talking that we can't set the bar any higher than 6-6 because we lost smith Mackey, Allen, etc. wash rinse respect. Suck it up...

Just starting to get ramped up people, lets go. After the Travers, ( which should be flat out incredible). The card tomorrow at Saratoga is ridiculous... I will be ready to ing roll!!!!

This is such a fun annual board game. Let me help play it out so we can save time and bandwith this year...

August...

POSTER A: I think finishing 6-6 would be fine this season, I'd be OK with that.

POSTER B: What the hell is wrong with you?! Hope springs eternal. We can win 8, be optimistic, you pessimistic jerk!

POSTER A: OK, fine, you convinced me, I expect 8 wins.

December...

POSTER A: Damn, we finished 6-6, I'm so disappointed.

POSTER B: What the hell is wrong with you?! We played hard, and made progress in a lot of areas! Why are you such an entitled jerk?!

POSTER A: OK, fine, you're right, the season was good all things considered, I'm sorry for my unrealistic expectations.

Annnnd, scene.

Where did I say 6-6 would be a disaster? I just said let's set the bar a bit higher... Next year people will be talking that we can't set the bar any higher than 6-6 because we lost smith Mackey, Allen, etc. wash rinse respect. Suck it up...

Just starting to get ramped up people, lets go. After the Travers, ( which should be flat out incredible). The card tomorrow at Saratoga is ridiculous... I will be ready to roll!!!!
you going to the Old Spa??

im going to brave the madness tomorrow then take the whole family on monday.

I don't get realistic expectations? Why? I expect the players and coaches to believe they are beating every team on the schedule.

I'd rather believe we go undefeated and then be disappointed. If you're shooting for 6-6 it's just so you can say "told you so" at the end of the season. And that's bull, because being a fan > being right on a message board.

you going to the Old Spa??

im going to brave the madness tomorrow then take the whole family on monday.

I went yesterday on my way up to Vermont, not going to make it tomorrow first time in a few years but it should be a great day. Took the family this summer best thing if you have little kids on days that aren't packed is get one of the picnic tables out front, bring a cooler with everything they like in there as well as booze and plenty of beer, head in 5 minutes before the races place wagers, watch race, back to picnic table.. My kids really liked it, you can also see the horses as they head into the paddock.

Have to have wheels on the cooler but we had our family and two others, it was great. It seemed to keep the kids from losing their minds as well...my kids would make it 30 minutes in the grandstand

I don't get realistic expectations? Why? I expect the players and coaches to believe they are beating every team on the schedule.

I'd rather believe we go undefeated and then be disappointed. If you're shooting for 6-6 it's just so you can say "told you so" at the end of the season. And that's bull, because being a fan > being right on a message board.

Not sure people are looking to say I told you so. I imagine the players on the field believe they can win every game, I certainly hope that is the case. But lets be serious this is a message board that is filled with opinions, why would we stop voicing those opinions when it comes to the opinion we have of their expected performance. Expectations and hope are two very different things. It would be hard to expect this team to go undefeated base on recent history, increased competition, lack of a proven QB,WR core, and losing your best o lineman. You can however still hope.

As fans we need to make the Dome like it was for Louisville last year, a place where the QB can't hear himself think. It needs to become a place teams dread to come, because they know they're going to lose. My feeling is 8-4 or better, and a solid bowl win. In 2010 we had 2 good running backs, went 8-5, in 2011 started well, but Bailey wore down, no real backup, and we finished bad. Last year we were throwing the ball a lot early, got pack to pounding the ball after Rutgers, made passing game more effective, and finished strong. This year like 2010, and 2012 should have a strong running game, which we make the passing game better.

I went yesterday on my way up to Vermont, not going to make it tomorrow first time in a few years but it should be a great day. Took the family this summer best thing if you have little kids on days that aren't packed is get one of the picnic tables out front, bring a cooler with everything they like in there as well as booze and plenty of beer, head in 5 minutes before the races place wagers, watch race, back to picnic table.. My kids really liked it, you can also see the horses as they head into the paddock.

Have to have wheels on the cooler but we had our family and two others, it was great. It seemed to keep the kids from losing their minds as well...my kids would make it 30 minutes in the grandstand
oh i know, i love it there. been going since before i remember. i got my system down pat.

i remember when they used to saddle up around the trees in the picnic area and then were walked over to the paddock.

an absolute treasure.

... I think we can do some damage if we can gel quickly and McDonald can run an offense. Every college team ... loses kids to graduation, we replaced Nassib with a 5th year senior who should be ready to go

9-4 is the goal...

Right -- every team has to replace some veteran starters, and we have fewer holes than most. The key is replacing the passing combo of Nassib to Lemon & Sales. Probably OK at QB if our guys stay away from injury and turnovers. Need a young WR to surprise; need a pass rush, probably by committee. We have more potential upside in the ranks (Morris, Broyld, Thompson, Whigham, Estime) than in the recent past.

So, what's with the qualifiers -- if we can gel quickly and McDonald can run an offense? Where is your optimism!

At this point I'll take # of games we play and 0. Should hell freeze over and we somehow lose to PSU, I'll take # of games we have left to play and 1. Gotta dream big!

Take 6-6 and a bowl? We haven't even played game 1 yet. It looks like we have two very viable candidates at qb, defense should be really really good. A bit thin a o line but really good running backs and inexperience at wr. If Marrone left us in good shape which I firmly believe he did we will fill the gaps. lemon and Sales will be missed for sure but setting the bar at 6-6? I'm not saying that it would be a horrendous season or anything of that nature but let's at least shoot for 8-4... Come on.

What...8-4 really? There's not a team we can't beat if the defense is on

This is such a fun annual board game. Let me help play it out so we can save time and bandwith this year...

August...

POSTER A: I think finishing 6-6 would be fine this season, I'd be OK with that.

POSTER B: What the hell is wrong with you?! Hope springs eternal. We can win 8, be optimistic, you pessimistic jerk!

POSTER A: OK, fine, you convinced me, I expect 8 wins.

December...

POSTER A: Damn, we finished 6-6, I'm so disappointed.

POSTER B: What the hell is wrong with you?! We played hard, and made progress in a lot of areas! Why are you such an entitled jerk?!

POSTER A: OK, fine, you're right, the season was good all things considered, I'm sorry for my unrealistic expectations.

Annnnd, scene.
Nailed it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Allen will take a regular season NFL snap before Nassib does.

8-4 (9-4)

Oh Lord

Wow! Now there's a statement.

Every season, my minimal expectations are a winning season and a bowl game. I expect SU to surpass those minimal standards this year.

On the other side, I think HCDM and staff did a great job game planning and making adjustments last season. I "hope" that HCSS and staff can be as effective in that regard. I like HCSS a lot, but I don't know much about his staff at this point.

I'm just worried about going 1-0. I know it sounds like coach speak but all these other numbers 6-6...8=4 or whatever just seem moot to me right now. I just want to beat Penn State.

oh i know, i love it there. been going since before i remember. i got my system down pat.

i remember when they used to saddle up around the trees in the picnic area and then were walked over to the paddock.

an absolute treasure.

It's always my favorite trip of the summer. Except this summer because it didn't happen. We've still been doing it 'leave the women and children at home' style.

Which might explain why it's been harder to pull off.

It's always my favorite trip of the summer. Except this summer because it didn't happen. We've still been doing it 'leave the women and children at home' style.

Which might explain why it's been harder to pull off.
Yeah, leaving the broads and now family's at home doesn't work when they know how well the 'system' works.

The beer and cigar compound, is nowadays a blanket covered playground. At least 'the whiskey flows and the beer chases' my dough away like usual, but u got to get creative with a stogie.

an absolute treasure.

That's great man, enjoy. Travers itself could be the best race of the year... I think many people don't realize that other than he breeders cup the spa is the best assembly of horse racing in the world

Race 2 early pick 4 today... I will be on tvg all day... Swimming in lake Champlain between races...

2,7,10,11/2,6,9/7/3,4,6,9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom