Seth Allen from Maryland to VA Tech, Adam Smith from VA Tech to GA Tech | Syracusefan.com

Seth Allen from Maryland to VA Tech, Adam Smith from VA Tech to GA Tech

CuseHulk

Starter
I had a problem with ELI Carter playing at 3 schools during a college career (RU, Florida, and now Boston College)

But I have a problem with this. How is this allowed.

Seth Allen left Maryland (For who knows why, bet he regrets leaving now) when they were still in the ACC for another ACC School. Adam Smith went directly from one ACC school to another that's the one I have a biggest issue with.

Don't say oh what bout Mike G. No he left Duke and sat out the transfer season during our final year in the Big East.

I had a problem with ELI Carter playing at 3 schools during a college career (RU, Florida, and now Boston College)

But I have a problem with this. How is this allowed.

Seth Allen left Maryland (For who knows why, bet he regrets leaving now) when they were still in the ACC for another ACC School. Adam Smith went directly from one ACC school to another that's the one I have a biggest issue with.

Don't say oh what bout Mike G. No he left Duke and sat out the transfer season during our final year in the Big East.

This is actually Adam Smith's third school also if you want to freak about that. He still had one year of eligibility left after 4 years and you can transfer as long as you go to a school that offers a master's program not available at your old school. It's not a conspiracy theory.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colle...cle_b9aec5b9-0cab-5cfd-b51c-9edce9c9aeef.html

As far as Seth Allen, this article explains it. Again, not a conspiracy theory.

"Usually, players that transfer from one ACC school to another conference team are ineligible for two years, but a league official said this week that rule does not apply with Maryland’s impending move to the Big Ten in July."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...15c510-d895-11e3-8a78-8fe50322a72c_story.html

This is actually Adam Smith's third school also if you want to freak about that. He still had one year of eligibility left after 4 years and you can transfer as long as you go to a school that offers a master's program not available at your old school. It's not a conspiracy theory.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colle...cle_b9aec5b9-0cab-5cfd-b51c-9edce9c9aeef.html

As far as Seth Allen, this article explains it. Again, not a conspiracy theory.

"Usually, players that transfer from one ACC school to another conference team are ineligible for two years, but a league official said this week that rule does not apply with Maryland’s impending move to the Big Ten in July."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...15c510-d895-11e3-8a78-8fe50322a72c_story.html

You and your facts. Hulk no know facts. Hulk know feels.

I heard Coach Gregory on the radio yesterday prior to the Duke-GA Tech game. He claims that almost all of the top ranked teams have at least one graduate transfer. I think that statement was a bit over the top, but it's part of the game... both in hoops and in football. It's one way to quickly improve if you can find some guys who sat out a year (redshirt, injury, etc.) and graduated on time.

CuseHulk you used to be annoying now I find you entertaining. I honestly think you find topics to just troll and entertain us.

I mean this is good stuff to complain about. Find more gold for the board sir. What next I honestly can't wait.

CuseHulk you used to be annoying now I find you entertaining. I honestly think you find topics to just troll and entertain us.

I mean this is good stuff to complain about. Find more gold for the board sir. What next I honestly can't wait.

I'm to that point also. It's just fun at this point, especially when proving him crazy is just a google search away like in this case.

So how exactly is that different than Allen leaving UMD, who was a B10 school at that time, and sitting out a year? Doesn't fit your complaining narrative?

I heard Coach Gregory on the radio yesterday prior to the Duke-GA Tech game. He claims that almost all of the top ranked teams have at least one graduate transfer. I think that statement was a bit over the top, but it's part of the game... both in hoops and in football. It's one way to quickly improve if you can find some guys who sat out a year (redshirt, injury, etc.) and graduated on time.
The Ivies and Patriot League don't allow redshirts for any reason, so if a player has to sit out a year for injury they have to transfer to another team for their 4th year of eligibility. MLax teams are loaded with former Ivy and PL players who weren't allowed under league rules to stay at their original school.

I can't imagine the uproar if we lost a NC game and lost a player like Jarrod Uthoff that Wisconsin did to in-conference rival Iowa.

I bet Hulk loved Bo Ryan hardball tactics with Uthoff that blew up in his face. If kids want to leave let them go wherever they want.

I can't imagine the uproar if we lost a NC game and lost a player like Jarrod Uthoff that Wisconsin did to in-conferencAe rival Iowa.

I bet Hulk loved Bo Ryan hardball tactics with Uthoff that blew up in his face. If kids want to leave let them go wherever they want.

Along with his constant whining after losses, the Uthoff deal was where I really lost respect for Bo Ryan. If he wants to block Big 10 schools, fine. But not half of Division 1!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom