Seth Davis - "It doesn't count as a win if you don't score 50"... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seth Davis - "It doesn't count as a win if you don't score 50"...

Who care about that clown he is literally wrong 80% of the time. I have no idea how anyone reads what he writes nor how he is employed by a national syndicate.
Seth is actually a great asset to the betting population. Just wait for his prediction and go the opposite way.

So does that mean we get to pretend this game never happened?

I'd be cool with that.

Tough to score 50 when UM holds the ball for 30 seconds every possession.

The best wins are when you play bad, the other team plays great and you still win.

Miami played great?

Tough to score 50 when UM holds the ball for 30 seconds every possession.

The best wins are when you play bad, the other team plays great and you still win.

There have been an average of 128 possessions in our average game this year. There were 99 in the Miami game. Multiply 49-44 by 128/99 and you get 63- 57. Maybe that would have pleased Mr. Davis.

Yeah. The Seth Davis hate is one of the dopiest running themes on this board. Though I kind of hate his dad.

Love that we won today. And we did win. But everyone on here would be blasting an opponent who couldn't crack 50 even with the benefit of late-game intentional fouling. It was ugly, especially for a top-five team.

Totally agree with the second part, if this happened to Kentucky or Duke or someone there would be about 3 threads talking about how unimpressive that team is.

Had no idea that was his father, btw.

Yeah. The Seth Davis hate is one of the dopiest running themes on this board. Though I kind of hate his dad.

Love that we won today. And we did win. But everyone on here would be blasting an opponent who couldn't crack 50 even with the benefit of late-game intentional fouling. It was ugly, especially for a top-five team.
Isn't Seth also the guy who predicts an early round upset for SU every single NCAA Selection Sunday?

Isn't Seth also the guy who predicts an early round upset for SU every single NCAA Selection Sunday?

I think he picked Montana last year; don't remember specifics.

Dunno, he knows the game and often has positive things to say about us.

He picked Montana last year for sure. He also picked them for the final four in 2010 and had them in the final four in 2012 before the Melo news came out. In 2009 he picked them to make the elite 8.

By his logic, I suppose most teams in Big10 need to vacate half their wins considering 49 - 44 is a typical score in that conference.
Under that threshold, Wisconsin doesn't even have a .500 record that last 15 years.

He's a doucher...end of story. He's up there with Gottdweeb, Dykes, and I feel there is another one but I can't remember...

This is , these mooks' job depend on picking the sexy upset come tournament. They ain't gonna get any buzz picking Colorado St over Minneosta.

He picked Montana last year for sure. He also picked them for the final four in 2010 and had them in the final four in 2012 before the Melo news came out. In 2009 he picked them to make the elite 8.

Montana?

He's a doucher...end of story. He's up there with Gottdweeb, Dykes, and I feel there is another one but I can't remember...

Im guessing it isnt whom you're talking about, but Boeheim called Andy Katz "an idiot and a disloyal person, and a few other things but I won't go there" lol. Somehow these other clowns manage to overshadow his accomplishments. http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-basketball/jim-boeheim-andy-katz-idiot-disloyal-video/ (1:25 mark)

I said I'd try to give these folks a fresh start this year, but it hasn't been easy wiping their past achievements from my memory.

Last weekend I thought CBS dipped lower than ESPN when I saw Seth Davis and Gottlieb during the halftime, but I understand they likely have a schtick that they like to stick to and seems to work for them. Maybe we all just need to watch a larger body of their work? :)

There have been an average of 128 possessions in our average game this year. There were 99 in the Miami game. Multiply 49-44 by 128/99 and you get 63- 57. Maybe that would have pleased Mr. Davis.

Were you trying to suggest that the slower tempo justified the lower score?

We typically had 128 possessions per game and there were only 99.
We typically score 74.2 points in those 128 possessions.

Our possession adjusted output would be 57.4 points. So we were still a little bit under our normal offensive rate, but it doesn't look nearly as bad in that context.

Were you trying to suggest that the slower tempo justified the lower score?

We typically had 128 possessions per game and there were only 99.
We typically score 74.2 points in those 128 possessions.

Our possession adjusted output would be 57.4 points. So we were still a little bit under our normal offensive rate, but it doesn't look nearly as bad in that context.

No, I'm saying that by Davis' stated standard, maybe we weren't so bad, that the low score was partially due to the pace of the game. Of course, it could be argued that we allow the other team to determine the pace of the game too much. Shouldn't it be up to us as much as to them?

Last edited:
Has Wisconsin ever won?

Totally agree with the second part, if this happened to Kentucky or Duke or someone there would be about 3 threads talking about how unimpressive that team is.

Had no idea that was his father, btw.

That's all true, but one of the dopiest themes on the board? I wish that were true. The guy is a clown who brings nothing to the table ever. He's the Hubert Davis of CBS, except he'll never go into coaching so we're stuck with him. At least Gottlieb is capable of talking some good Xs&Os when he's not trolling.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom