Class of 2020 - SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SF Andre Jackson (NY) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. Yea maybe he still decides on cuse but usually when these things start trending this way it's for a reason. I didnt literally mean everyone but obviously it seems like the vast majority of people are thinking hes uconn bound now. If JB and gmac think hes cuse bound still then that's all that matters and I hope he ends up orange. I like your spirit though!
Avatar good! That must have taken a moment to get it all centered. LGO

I don't like what I'm hearing in this thread but I love what I'm seeing. Go oranges!

Screenshot_20190927-052139.png

If playing time is an important consideration, Andre would do better going somewhere not as loaded with good forwards. I think it is rare to see a kid with that kind of athletic ability who is also a really talented and unselfish passer.

Was really looking forward to watching him develop.

If he goes to UConn, I probably will never get to see him play.

Good luck to him, wherever he decides to play. Seems like a really good kid.

If playing time is an important consideration, Andre would do better going somewhere not as loaded with good forwards. I think it is rare to see a kid with that kind of athletic ability who is also a really talented and unselfish passer.

Was really looking forward to watching him develop.

If he goes to UConn, I probably will never get to see him play.

Good luck to him, wherever he decides to play. Seems like a really good kid.
I get to see Quade and the big guy play out here this year... I'd rather watch them on TV for SU. But, Hop makes this feel like West Orange.

Um maybe not every kid wants to stay home? Every kid is different.

I always laugh at the assumption that everyone wants to stay home for college. Like you said, everyone is different. I'd say the majority of the people I grew up with in New York wanted to get away for college if they could; in the very least to escape the winters for a few years. But it's probably close to 50-50.

I always laugh at the assumption that everyone wants to stay home for college. Like you said, everyone is different. I'd say the majority of the people I grew up with in New York wanted to get away for college if they could; in the very least to escape the winters for a few years.

It’s about the same distance from his home to Syracuse as it is to UConn, and it’s not exactly tropical in Storrs in January. The campus is in the middle of nowhere.

It’s about the same distance from his home to Syracuse as it is to UConn, and it’s not exactly tropical in Storrs in January. The campus is in the middle of nowhere.
I understand that. I don't understand why people assume every kid wants to stay close to home.

And the fact that both are roughly the same distance apart probably suggests it has no bearing either way in this specific case.

I always laugh at the assumption that everyone wants to stay home for college. Like you said, everyone is different. I'd say the majority of the people I grew up with in New York wanted to get away for college if they could; in the very least to escape the winters for a few years. But it's probably close to 50-50.

It's the reason why St. John's and DePaul can't keep kids home especially in the case of DePaul. You grow up in an urban environment specifically one plagued by violence, you're going to go somewhere else for a few years if given the opportunity to experience something new. It's not rocket science.

You guys are great. From the sounds of it we shouldn’t even have offered Andre in the first place. Must be a self counseling mechanism.
Well, until he commits to SU and then the narrative changes again and he's the greatest thing since Melo.

It's the reason why St. John's and DePaul can't keep kids home especially in the case of DePaul. You grow up in an urban environment specifically one plagued by violence, you're going to go somewhere else for a few years if given the opportunity to experience something new. It's not rocket science.

St Johns and Depaul can't keep kids home because they can no longer pay these kids a "stipend" to live off campus.

They would routinely issue players a check to find their own off-campus housing because of the lack of dorm space. Kids would pocket the money and still live with their parents, or a bunch of players would pool their checks and share an apartment with plenty of cash left over.

After the NCAA put the kibosh on this, Depaul and St Johns couldn't keep the city kids at home.

You guys are great. From the sounds of it we shouldn’t even have offered Andre in the first place. Must be a self counseling mechanism.
make no mistake about it: i want andre, he's been at the top of my wish list in this class for 2 years. but i don't lose any sleep the minute any recruit chooses to go elsewhere, because (a) anyone who isn't fully bought in is a risk and (b) the staff almost always has or finds adequate replacement talent

Yeah, his program was very good while he was at Rhody. It’ll probably be a long time before they ever come close to that.

So very good now? Did they ever make the second week of the tourney?

So very good now? Did they ever make the second week of the tourney?

Rhody was 26-8 in his last year, won the A10, earned a 7 seed (first tourney appearance in almost 20 years) and lost in the second round to Duke. Basketball is almost an afterthought at URI since he left.

No. But with his skill set, I was never fired up with him in the first place. I have seen this movie before. Look, he may still end up here. If he does, great. If not, I won't lose any sleep about a small forward that doesn't shoot it very well.

Rhody was 26-8 in his last year, won the A10, earned a 7 seed (first tourney appearance in almost 20 years) and lost in the second round to Duke. Basketball is almost an afterthought at URI since he left.

So, after several years at URI, he finally had ONE good one.
Still hasn't gotten a guy drafted EVER.

And has done exactly diddly at UConn since arriving there.
Besides act like a coked up spaz on the sideline.

No. But with his skill set, I was never fired up with him in the first place. I have seen this movie before. Look, he may still end up here. If he does, great. If not, I won't lose any sleep about a small forward that doesn't shoot it very well.

I want to be perfectly clear -- I wanted to land this guy. Different level athlete, different skill set than other guys on our roster, etc.

But I agree 100% with you about the shooting being an enormous potential liability. He would have been more of a nice to have than need to have, IMO.

Again, I say that fully well acknowledging that I wanted to land him, and hate that we apparently could lose out to uconn. But given a choice between the two Jacksons -- give me the 5-star big man, and I won't sweat this one at all -- we're fine on the wings.

St Johns and Depaul can't keep kids home because they can no longer pay these kids a "stipend" to live off campus.

They would routinely issue players a check to find their own off-campus housing because of the lack of dorm space. Kids would pocket the money and still live with their parents, or a bunch of players would pool their checks and share an apartment with plenty of cash left over.

After the NCAA put the kibosh on this, Depaul and St Johns couldn't keep the city kids at home.

Keep telling yourself that. I've been around basketball in NYC from a grassroots perspective longer than most people on this board. Kids want to get out of the city which is why some are hopping on the chance to go prep when they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom