Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

I wouldn’t be surprised if auburn through a bag at him to keep him around

If Westry is so good why did he have a difficult time cracking the Auburn rotation before he was injured?
Westry was hurt in preseason and had a procedure done on his knee. They attempted to get him back but Pearl admitted he wasn’t 100% and they elected to shut him down after a few games. Can’t find the article now, but he also admitted Westry was one of the best guards during summer workouts prior to the injury and expected him to have a big role on the team. He was also a pretty good performer on their international tour over the summer, although those are normally not great indicators as the competition is pretty shaky.

If Westry is so good why did he have a difficult time cracking the Auburn rotation before he was injured?
Two returning starters in the backcourt and I heard national guys talk about senior Flanigan's ceiling on the wing? Can't pretend to have watched Auburn play much in the non-con.

247 has as a top 30 or so transfer still. I think there is better options but I would be in on it.

I will say I am being a little hypocritical because if this was 12 months ago I would be annoyed that it seems like we are only talking to kids we recruited before. Thinking that changes in the next couple of weeks with Straughn in the fold, though. I am excited.

Two returning starters in the backcourt and I heard national guys talk about senior Flanigan's ceiling on the wing? Can't pretend to have watched Auburn play much in the non-con.

247 has as a top 30 or so transfer still. I think there is better options but I would be in on it.

I will say I am being a little hypocritical because if this was 12 months ago I would be annoyed that it seems like we are only talking to kids we recruited before. Thinking that changes in the next couple of weeks with Straughn in the fold, though. I am excited.
Maybe. Taylor, Copeland, and Bell showed more than Westry and some of our fans want them to transfer. I think there’s a lot of people still looking at last years recruiting rankings.

Some of our fans are stupid
Why is it crazy to think that Westry might be a better player than Copeland? I loved the attitude that Quadir showed rooting on his teammates and whenever he got in the court he gave it everything. I am confident that he can become a good college player. But what did he do that was so great last year that demonstrates that we should ignore a guy that we prioritized over him a year ago like Westry?

Why is it crazy to think that Westry might be a better player than Copeland? I loved the attitude that Quadir showed rooting on his teammates and whenever he got in the court he gave it everything. I am confident that he can become a good college player. But what did he do that was so great last year that demonstrates that we should ignore a guy that we prioritized over him a year ago like Westry?
I don’t disagree with you at all. My point was only that I think it is stupid if any of our fans want any of the freshmen to leave.

I would be very happy getting Westry here and letting it all sort itself out. But I’m not sure how I would feel if Chance = no JT and/or Quadir.

I don’t disagree with you at all. My point was only that I think it is stupid if any of our fans want any of the freshmen to leave.

I would be very happy getting Westry here and letting it all sort itself out. But I’m not sure how I would feel if Chance = no JT and/or Quadir.
I agree. I am higher on JT and Quadir than I think most of the board is. And I’ve always been higher on Bell than everyone which doesn’t say a lot. But if we can get a significantly better player, I am all for that.

One thing about JT, Quadir and Bell is that all three of them basically either played out of position or were asked to do things that they are not capable of doing. Just putting them in a position to succeed will help them get better.

It is odd how many people want to hold onto the players from a 17-15 season.

At the same time I have mixed feelings about Westry. A year ago, we would have been thrilled with signing him. Now a year later were not sure. My thoughts are High school recruiting is for potential. The transfer portal is for production. JJ had some Fr production so I'm good with that move.

There are a lot of double digit, even 15 and 20 pts per game scorers out there that we should be pursuing but are not which concerns me that the old guard thinking and strategy is still around.

Auburn returned 4 upperclassmen at the guard spot and they were #15 coming into the year. How’s that?

But yes let’s beg more to keep Maliq Brown and Justin Taylor while we sneeze at a 5 star kid that was in their class

Auburn returned 4 upperclassmen at the guard spot and they were #15 coming into the year. How’s that?

But yes let’s beg more to keep Maliq Brown and Justin Taylor while we sneeze at a 5 star kid that was in their class
You obviously cant try to bring in a 5 star when Maliq Brown was our best forward