Class of 2017 - SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Chris Duarte (NY) to Oregon

Ugh. Really want to lock this up.
Yup, not sure why it said he was coming when he had a game. Hopefully it happens soon. He seems to be playing very well.

"We look for long athletic athletes that we hope turn into basketball players, while ND looks for skilled basketball players that may lack elite athleticism. When the types of athletes we get pan out, they are gone, because that is what the NBA is looking for."

As I was watching the ND game I was thinking the same thing. I am sure there are, but how many 5 stars does ND grab? They always seem to find a big center not on the radar. I remember Hanratty (?) and the 5 they have looks and is built just like him. They seem to always have at least 1 shooter who can hit those 3's. Hmmmmm

Anyway, back to Duarte as I regress. We need guard productivity. He was supposed to visit? Have we made an offer?

"We look for long athletic athletes that we hope turn into basketball players, while ND looks for skilled basketball players that may lack elite athleticism. When the types of athletes we get pan out, they are gone, because that is what the NBA is looking for."

As I was watching the ND game I was thinking the same thing. I am sure there are, but how many 5 stars does ND grab? They always seem to find a big center not on the radar. I remember Hanratty (?) and the 5 they have looks and is built just like him. They seem to always have at least 1 shooter who can hit those 3's. Hmmmmm

Anyway, back to Duarte as I regress. We need guard productivity. He was supposed to visit? Have we made an offer?
I think Torin Francis was a 5 star for ND.

I'm gonna guess Demetrius Jackson was a 5 as well?
Maybe, but I thought he was a 4 star. Laphonso Ellis way back was definitely a 5 star and maybe Luke Zeller?

Maybe, but I thought he was a 4 star. Laphonso Ellis way back was definitely a 5 star and maybe Luke Zeller?
Yeah I don't know either. I believe he was in the Burger Boy game, so I just assumed there aren't many 4 stars in that game.

Syracuse Basketball ‏@cusesigel 2h2 hours ago
Syracuse will watch 2017 target Chris Duarte this Sunday at the National Prep School Invitational, per source.
Interesting matchup on Sunday. Duarte's team will be going up against Tilton, which features MCW's twin bros. Should be a good look for the staff to see if these guys have high level potential.

Interesting matchup on Sunday. Duarte's team will be going up against Tilton, which features MCW's twin bros. Should be a good look for the staff to see if these guys have high level potential.

Any concern about Duarte's high level potential? The guy is a bit of an unknown at this point, though obviously starting to find radar screens.

Any other potential targets that will be playing there on Sunday they can check out?

Any concern about Duarte's high level potential? The guy is a bit of an unknown at this point, though obviously starting to find radar screens.
I haven't seen Duarte in a full game yet, so he's pretty much a mystery man to me. All I can say is to #TrustTheProcess with the staff on this one if they do decide to bring him in.

I haven't seen Duarte in a full game yet, so he's pretty much a mystery man to me. All I can say is to #TrustTheProcess with the staff on this one if they do decide to bring him in.

My concern is we need someone ready to step in and play next year and with Duarte's very slight build, I'm skeptical. I certainly think he's a guy we need because of his purported versatility and he could be a great help to us in time. He's just the kind of under-the-radar we have developed in the past. I just wish he weighed about 20 pounds more than he does.

Any other potential targets that will be playing there on Sunday they can check out?
Eric Ayala and Oshae Brissett/Howard Washington teams are playing in that same tourney throughout the weekend. Pretty much all of the top prep programs will be playing along with some International teams. Hopefully the staff can find some gems.

Eric Ayala and Oshae Brissett/Howard Washington teams are playing in that same tourney throughout the weekend. Pretty much all of the top prep programs will be playing along with some International teams. Hopefully the staff can find some gems.
Nice Dion, my friend...you've outdone yourself this time. :)

Just got a good vibe he will be wearing Orange.
IMG_0679.GIF

I know it is just a highlight reel, but I really like what I see. The kid has a point guards vision. He is skinny, but he looks like he might be able to contribute early. I would love to see a full game.