Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

Wildhack's decision to retain JB for the sake of continuity and to avoid losing recruits is starting to look pretty short-sighted. What, may I ask, are we clinging to?

Nobody wants to come here precisely because we are prolonging the inevitable and we have a staff who will believe the earth is flat if a high school kid says so. We're now the fat girl with the cute face that looks good in the dark... and if we're lucky, the guys we like stay in touch just in case we lose some weight.
Conjecture.

Kid had a shot to come to Cuse and most likely start. While this hurts our team, it also scares the heck out of me about our future. Not closing here is big.

I think there's something seriously wrong up there. If we miss on Tucker too, I think it will be undeniable.

I'd be surprised if we land Tucker now. We have two currently mediocre -- at best -- point guards.

In the words of Benjamin J. Grimm, aka the ever lovin' blue eyed Thing, what a revolting development this is.

I don't think this impacts Tucker at all

I hope you're right. But I'd feel better if we had a good PG who could distribute. There isn't one on the roster at present.

If we don't get Tucker without Ayala we will have 8 scholarship players and be desperate for grad transfers.

We are looking 6-12 in the ACC right in the face.

If we don't get Tucker without Ayala we will have 8 scholarship players and be desperate for grad transfers.

I'd rather tank than sign grad transfers just to be mediocre again.

lol Where do you see the 6 wins? If this is true about Ayala, I have to imagine that we are hitting the 5th year market like nobodies business right now.

lol Where do you see the 6 wins? If this is true about Ayala, I have to imagine that we are hitting the 5th year market like nobodies business right now.

The sixth year market isn't going to help us be good. We may as well just stink and develop who we have to try and load up for 2018.

No doubt. This is a 15-win team -- at best -- without a steady point guard -- and that PG is not currently on the roster.

The sixth year market isn't going to help us be good. We may as well just stink and develop who we have to try and load up for 2018.
Develop who? We don't have a 3 to develop? Plus, we don't have enough players to even practice. What if someone gets hurt? We need players and the 5th year guys can give us a bridge so that we won't embarrass ourselves. That is good enough for me. We aren't going to be good enough in football. should we not sign the 5th year guys that we did? They will help us be more competitive.

Develop who? We don't have a 3 to develop? Plus, we don't have enough players to even practice. What if someone gets hurt? We need players and the 5th year guys can give us a bridge so that we won't embarrass ourselves. That is good enough for me. We aren't going to be good enough in football. should we not sign the 5th year guys that we did? They will help us be more competitive.

I don't want to see a grad transfer play at the expense of Moyer/Brissett/HW. How's that going to help?

before we hit the panic button. Which I did. my source tells me that Ayala is blowing smoke to Zags. That we are still getting Ayala. Lips to God's ears. Which I would love after the big boy comment by Zags after Green went to Kentucky.

We wouldn't have won 15 games without White and Gillon last year. I figured the reason we weren't hearing the names of any grad transfers lately was because the staff felt confident in landing Ayala and Tucker. Guess I was wrong.

We wouldn't have won 15 games without White and Gillon last year. I figured the reason we weren't hearing the names of any grad transfers lately was because the staff felt confident in landing Ayala and Tucker. Guess I was wrong.
Maybe not.

Also re: 5th YR's - I don't think people realized how lucky we got this year. Most 5th year guys will have trouble with the zone adjustment, but AW3 had as good of an offensive year as we've seen in a while and Gillon single handily won us a few games, 2 in ACC play. We hit the jackpot with both, had a 1st round pick in Lydon, and another future 1st round/lotto pick in Battle. And we didn't make the tournament.

I'm ok with a 5 year as a final piece to a strong roster. But all they are is temporary solutions that don't deal with the long term problem. We need kids to build around for multiple years. I think Brisset, Moyer, Sidbie and Washington will be a good core going forward. But we need more.

IMG_5147.GIF
before we hit the panic button. Which I did. my source tells me that Ayala is blowing smoke to Zags. That we are still getting Ayala. Lips to God's ears. Which I would love after the big boy comment by Zags after Green went to Kentucky.

I don't want to see a grad transfer play at the expense of Moyer/Brissett/HW. How's that going to help?

So you're going to blow off next year to build for the following year? SU is going to overrecruit Washington in the coming months anyway.

Oh god I hope.

In the social media age, kids love this kind of attention. Maybe Ayala wants to say 2018 to get the talk out, then pulls a fast one and reclassifies to 2017 - it's a way to stay in Twitter mentions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom