Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

I think we are set for 24. Maybe get a late decommit to go the portal route. Contrary to the bellyaching here this was not a make or break recruit.
I agree with you. Jalil Bethea was a nice to have recruit but….it will not matter that we do not have him.

I get so tired of reading sore loser posts every time a kid we chase goes elsewhere.

I wish we had gotten him, but we will find somebody else.

I don’t wish him good luck, nor bad luck, once a kid chooses to go elsewhere I simply no longer care about him.

Plenty of others to turn my attention to.

I get so tired of reading sore loser posts every time a kid we chase goes elsewhere.

I don’t wish him good luck, nor bad luck, once a kid chooses to go elsewhere I simply no longer care about him.

I really like Bethea, as well. He would have been great here. We will move on. I think Mikey Lewis would be a good fit. Because, even if both Judah and JJ go pro next year, we would have Westry, Copeland and Cuffe coming back and Moore coming in. Lewis would be a great compliment to that group and a multi year guy.

It’s just not something I’m gonna get betnout of shape about. Landing a five star prospect is hard as hell to begin with, but the transfer portal has made misses like this less pronounced.

With the players we have now, if we get Copeland to stay, with some others he wouldn't have a sure spot to play.
There is a lot of athletic ability on this team and good coaching will bring out the best in them.

Nah. Don’t agree with that at all. Miami got lucky with that booster Ruiz for a couple of years but he’s now in dire financial straits.
You actually do agree with me as I said "they will be a big program until the $$$ stops".

You believe it will stop with Ruiz, I don't. I believe Miami still has big bucks behind it regardless of Ruiz. Much the way it was suggested we were dead in NIL w/o Weitsman. We'll see

It’s just not something I’m gonna get betnout of shape about. Landing a five star prospect is hard as hell to begin with, but the transfer portal has made misses like this less pronounced.
Yeah look at the Final 4 last year. It's still up in the air but so far this era of College BBall seems to be much more about piecing together teams through portal and having some 3-4 stars stay more than 1-2 years than 5 star freshman

I won’t get into specifics but the offer Miami made Jalil is the wildest I’ve heard so far in college basketball and it was over once they did that on his visit. Life changing stuff. There is no
Issue here with Syracuse. It was what Miami offered and simply that. Please don’t fault the program or staff or anything like that. We’re talking life changing money

I won’t get into specifics but the offer Miami made Jalil is the wildest I’ve heard so far in college basketball and it was over once they did that on his visit. Life changing stuff. There is no
Issue here with Syracuse. It was what Miami offered and simply that. Please don’t fault the program or staff or anything like that. We’re talking life changing money
Klutch get involved here?

IMO it's just insane to pay a kid "life changing" money to play for 1 year. Is he LeBron or Melo?

Just out of curiosity, what is preventing you from providing specifics?

I know of a 2024 one and done signed with Klutch who has been promised 1.4 mil. None of which is coming from the school he’s going to

I haven't workshopped this take yet but... I think an agency giving a high schooler 7 figures makes me a little uncomfortable compared to boosters giving that high schooler a ton of money. By all means get your money but it just seems like there is a much higher chance it's predatory in nature.

I wonder what a kid like Bethea is signing off on in exchange for a deal like that. When you get money from a collective or however else from a booster(s) it is relatively straightforward. This, not so much.

Interesting times now that all of this is a little more public instead of completely in the shadows.

I know of a 2024 one and done signed with Klutch who has been promised 1.4 mil. None of which is coming from the school he’s going to
Well, it would be illegal if it came from the school right?

And who would that be?

Jalil Bethea is a very good high school player with a lot of potential. He made his decision for whatever reason to play for the University of Miami.

He has a lot of opportunities if he continues to develop.

I‘m moving on from him and this thread. I suggest that we all do instead of questioning why he chose Miami and not us. i assume that Bulldog has insight into the offer and if he wants to share it, great . Otherwise, as stated, I have moved on.

Jalil Bethea is a very good high school player with a lot of potential. He made his decision for whatever reason to play for the University of Miami.

He has a lot of opportunities if he continues to develop.

I‘m moving on from him and this thread. I suggest that we all do instead of questioning why he chose Miami and not us. i assume that Bulldog has insight into the offer and if he wants to share it, great . Otherwise, as stated, I have moved on.

On the contrary if we stretch this out to a hundred pages maybe he’ll decommit and come to us!

Well, it would be illegal if it came from the school right?
I meant none of it is coming from the schools boosters or NIL. Klutch works VERY closely with the shoe companies to get these kids massive deals now with promises they sign with them later if they become nba stars. I would assume a large portion of the money promised to Bethea isn’t even coming from Miami’s own NIL funds

I assume a top agency like Klutch can find deals and opportunities that are more attractive than any NIL collective, perhaps even provide funds out of their own pockets (whether that is legal or not). We can no longer fault coaches or assistants for not being able to reel in kids as there are so many factors outside of recruiting effort that affects a kids college choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom