Class of 2017 - SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, yes. Talking about those 3 cause that seems to be the 3 guards were most involved with. Know diallo may reclass, but nothing guarenteed and they are all 2017, I believe...
Ok, cool.

My personal preference.
1.Lonnie Walker
2.Quade Green
3.Hami Diallo

Preference for SU.
1.Quade Green(F zone fits when it comes to getting a big time PG)
2.Lonnie Walker(I love Hami, but Walker gets the nod because I trust his perimeter shooter more to go along with his slashing abilities)
3.Hami Diallo(I could really go 1A and 1B with him and Walker)

Overall max potential when talking pro upside.
1.Hami Diallo(once his jumper becomes more consistent, he'll be a sure shot lotto pick and will be a daily highlight film in the NBA)
2.Lonnie Walker
3.Quade Green

image.jpeg
Ok, cool.

My personal preference.
1.Lonnie Walker
2.Quade Green
3.Hami Diallo

Preference for SU.
1.Quade Green(F zone fits when it comes to getting a big time PG)
2.Lonnie Walker(I love Hami, but Walker gets the nod because I trust his perimeter shooter more to go along with his slashing abilities)
3.Hami Diallo(I could really go 1A and 1B with him and Walker)

Overall max potential when talking pro upside.
1.Hami Diallo(once his jumper becomes more consistent, he'll be a sure shot lotto pick and will be a daily highlight film in the NBA)
2.Lonnie Walker
3.Quade Green

wow, "By Far"? This kid should be recruited as hard by us as Villanova is. We need top tier players and this kid is one. If he wasn't, do you think Jay Wright would be pushing as hard as he is? Excuse me, who won the NC this? Just venting some.

wow, "By Far"? This kid should be recruited as hard by us as Villanova is. We need top tier players and this kid is one. If he wasn't, do you think Jay Wright would be pushing as hard as he is? Excuse me, who won the NC this? Just venting some.
Vent all you want but we have been recruiting better players than Nova has. The Problem is that we have lost some of them early. Ennis, Chris M and Grant could all have been on this team this year. Nova hasn't lost anyone that I can recall.

This kid is an amazing young man. Recruiting character pays dividends which talent alone cannot provide. When a young man like this comes along who has that special blend of big time talent tempered by humility, intelligence and solid character, it provides an opportunity that should be seized upon.

Take the time to listen to the interviews and it becomes clearly apparent that he is going to be a special player. Kids like this are an asset to any program. The manner in which he speaks about his priorities of team first, hard work, and giving back to the community are indicative of a kid who is light years ahead of most kids his age in terms of maturity. In addition to his basketball skills he would also provide leadership.

It would seem from the tenor of the things he says that he would find the Syracuse "family atmosphere" the perfect environment for his game after high school. From time to time I see potential recruits that stand out from the crowd as kids that would really be a real difference maker for our program. Lonnie Walker is one of those kids. I would love to see him in Orange and I'm going to be following his recruitment really closely in hopes that he ends up Orange.

Extraordinary...

I really hate it when Pay Cali comes around at the 11th hour and offer other recruits to play for him while other schools have been busting their butts wooing these recruits for months.
Do we never do this, to kids recruited by 'lesser schools?' Seriously asking. I can't imagine every one of our recruits is a long-term, time-invested project. Do we never 'swoop?' Surely, Cal can do it more often, but any of the top three can and would.

This kid is an amazing young man. Recruiting character pays dividends which talent alone cannot provide. When a young man like this comes along who has that special blend of big time talent tempered by humility, intelligence and solid character, it provides an opportunity that should be seized upon.

Take the time to listen to the interviews and it becomes clearly apparent that he is going to be a special player. Kids like this are an asset to any program. The manner in which he speaks about his priorities of team first, hard work, and giving back to the community are indicative of a kid who is light years ahead of most kids his age in terms of maturity. In addition to his basketball skills he would also provide leadership.

It would seem from the tenor of the things he says that he would find the Syracuse "family atmosphere" the perfect environment for his game after high school. From time to time I see potential recruits that stand out from the crowd as kids that would really be a real difference maker for our program. Lonnie Walker is one of those kids. I would love to see him in Orange and I'm going to be following his recruitment really closely in hopes that he ends up Orange.

Extraordinary...

I love how when I read your post I know you could just as well be referencing a player that is already part of The Family - Moyer. It's good to be Orange.

Lonnie was the kingpin back in 1965, It was forty-eight hours 'til Lonnie came around

Name that tune.

Do we never do this, to kids recruited by 'lesser schools?' Seriously asking. I can't imagine every one of our recruits is a long-term, time-invested project. Do we never 'swoop?' Surely, Cal can do it more often, but any of the top three can and would.
Ron "Brick House" Patterson is the last recruit that I can think of that we swooped in the last minute for. He was Xavier bound until we made a late offer and he committed shortly after visiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.