Class of 2017 - SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed I think it will come down to us and nova

I know Nova just won a championship last season, but if Lonnie really wants to play for a team that's built to win year in and year out, he'd pick Syracuse over Villanova. We've been to 2 Final Fours and an Elite Eight in the past 5 years alone. Villanova is a once in a few decade type of team, in a inferior conference. Just my two cents, but since he canceled his U.K. Visit, and Arizona got Randolph, I think Lonnie is much more likely to come to Syracuse than folks are saying.

I have a feeling once green commits we're getting walker as well, just a hunch...

Will probably get some info on Walker from my Nova contact in the next day or so. He will be able to tell me how confident Jay Wright and Villanova are at this juncture. He speaks to Jay all the time.

Last edited:
What is this supposed to say? Unless my computer is playing games with me, it says the link is broken.
I think the tweet got deleted.

@ASlater24--7
1f31f.3bd2380a47.png
Lonnie Walker of Reading & @TeamFinalHoops said he's visiting Villanova next weekend, Kentucky the following weekend & Syracuse after that

Last edited:
Will probably get some info on Walker from my Nova contact in the next day or so. He will be able to tell me how confident Jay Wright and Villanova are at this juncture. He speaks to Jay all the time.

Ugh. Nothing yet. Will let you guys know when I hear something.

Iommi I think visiting Syracuse last really helps us? What you think?

Doesn't hurt. Like Fly Rodder said, batting cleanup is nice.

The other thing is that our visit should be during the signing period, if I've got it right. Hopefully, Quade will be signed by then or, at the very least, announced for SU.

SU "after that" is too vague for me. A specific date would be nice.
Yeah, the weekend after Kentucky is during the signing period. The weekend after that is after the signing period, so we better get him to campus the weekend after the UK visit. (In other words, our Walker visit would ideally be on the weekend of November 11th.)

Got this later than I thought I would. Wish it were better news. My contact hung out with Jay at Nova's Midnight Madness. He said that Jay told him that Lonnie was not going to wind up at Villanova. He's not going to Syracuse. Jay said Lonnie is going to Arizona.

Now keep in mind: my best friend is friends with the contact. The contact is extremely tight with Jay. I asked if the contact mentioned anything about Quade but my friend didn't ask the contact about Quade. A while back, my contact did say that Jay thought Quade was going to Syracuse but that was before the late UK push. Take all of this for what it's worth but this contact is rock solid. Whether Jay knows for sure that Walker is going to Arizona, I have no clue, but I doubt Jay would just throw that out there.

Last edited:
Got this later than I thought I would. Wish it were better news. My contact hung out with Jay at Nova's Midnight Madness. X He said that Jay told him that Lonnie was not going to wind up at Villanova. He's not going to Syracuse. Jay said Lonnie is going to Arizona.

Now keep in mind: my best friend is friend's with the contact. The contact is extremely tight with Jay. I asked if the contact mentioned anything about Quade but my friend didn't ask the contact about Quade. A while back, my contact did say that Jay thought Quade was going to Syracuse but that was before the late UK push. Take all of this for what it's worth but this contact is rock solid. Whether Jay knows for sure that Walker is going to Arizona, I have no clue, but I doubt Jay would just throw that out there.
If he does I wouldn't be surprised to see Randolph double back

Got this later than I thought I would. Wish it were better news. My contact hung out with Jay at Nova's Midnight Madness. X He said that Jay told him that Lonnie was not going to wind up at Villanova. He's not going to Syracuse. Jay said Lonnie is going to Arizona.

Now keep in mind: my best friend is friend's with the contact. The contact is extremely tight with Jay. I asked if the contact mentioned anything about Quade but my friend didn't ask the contact about Quade. A while back, my contact did say that Jay thought Quade was going to Syracuse but that was before the late UK push. Take all of this for what it's worth but this contact is rock solid. Whether Jay knows for sure that Walker is going to Arizona, I have no clue, but I doubt Jay would just throw that out there.

I believe what you're saying, but there's simply not enough playing time for all the 4 and 5 star guards and wings they have on their roster. Something will have to give.

I believe what you're saying, but there's simply not enough playing time for all the 4 and 5 star guards and wings they have on their roster. Something will have to give.

Yeah, you'd think something would have to give. I have no clue how the numbers will work. Just relaying what Jay said. I was told Jay didn't hesitate when asked about Lonnie. Maybe Arizona views Lonnie as a 2 and Randolph as a 3. Randolph does have an incredible wingspan.

I have freind who is tied into Arizona recruiting and has been saying for 3 weeks that walker is a lock for Arizona. If true I don't get it, all I hear is about playing time when we are recruiting. Does Arizona get to play with 6 players on floor a same time?

Yes I'm getting worried. This is probably the most important class I remember with upwards of 6 or 7 scholarships available and a ton of playing time. We have for the last 10 years locked up kids early and have only occasionally been in late recruiting battles for one last piece of our recruiting class. This year seems like we have changed maybe it wasn't planned but we just ended up in his position?

I do not want to be going head to head with U.K. Duke and Arizona for the core of our class and that is exactly what is happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.