Class of 2017 - SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Lonnie Walker (PA) to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody pays as much attention as you do. ;)
I've got a full-time job, and it's not following SU hoops recruiting.

OK, whatever. So, he jilted Zona then.
Multiple schools were disappointed, and we would have been that much moreso had we been more all-in on him, and still not gotten him.
As it was, apparently we were a distant 3rd, at best. C'est la vie.
Got a full-time job as well and it's not SU hoops recruiting, but it's my version of crack since I prefer to stay away from the real thing haha.

I guess you didn't pay much attention to his recruitment. He didn't pull a Quade on Nova fans when everybody thought that he was going to Zona for about the last two months in his recruitment. One of his main reasons that he stated for picking Miami, is the fact that he said they were one of his first offers and that they recruited him very hard for years. SU on the other hand went weeks/months without contacting him. Once again that was his words, not mine.

Did having Richardson and Battle impact our pursuit? Also, how convinced were we that our "lock" on Green was going to lead to Diallo? I understand that you have to restock, but our recruiting strategy has seemed to experience difficulty adjusting to the prospects that guys that we land may only be here one year.

Oh yes it is...
Agreed, do people think that "magnum" just happens?
magnum.jpg

I wonder if the Arizona board is as salty with Book Richardson and the Arizona staff with not bringing in Lonnie Walker as this board is with GMac and the staff not bringing in Quade Green?

::yes I'm being facetious::

Did having Richardson and Battle impact our pursuit? Also, how convinced were we that our "lock" on Green was going to lead to Diallo? I understand that you have to restock, but our recruiting strategy has seemed to experience difficulty adjusting to the prospects that guys that we land may only be here one year.
Richardson was already long gone after his recruitment started to heat up and head down the stretch end. Even if Richardson had returned, the staff needed to recruit with the mindset that it would've been his last season at SU anyway. Diallo was indeed very interested in playing with Quade. I heard once Quade committed to UK, that Diallo had immediately told several people at SU that he was no longer interested in coming.

So crazy, I dvr'd the Jordan Brand Classic way back when, and just watched it last night. What I did notice, and said, uh oh looks like Walker tweaked his knee, after like his 3rd dunk or something. That sucks for him, I don't wish injury on anybody.

Last edited:
yikes - wonder when he'll be ready to go
I'm not in the medical field. But I've had 2 MM operations, and I'm by no means a D-1 athlete, and I was back in a month, two at the outside. Maybe his injury was more serious, but this probably isn't a season-ending deal, right? Hopefully, this young man will be back soon -- what a great recruit for UM. Wish we had gotten him.

Last edited:
I'm not in the medical field. But I've had 2 MM operations, and I'm by no means a D-1 athlete, and I was back in a month, two at the outside. Maybe his injury was more serious, but this probably isn't a season-ending deal, right? Hopefully, this young man will be back soon -- what a great recruit for UM. Wish we had gotten him.

Plus, these athletes have access to 24 hour trainers to enhance therapy / recovery. Whereas most others might only get that a couple of times a week [if that] post-surgery.

This might slow him initially, but it is hardly season-ending, and chances are he'll bounce back with three+ full months until the season begins. Of course, if it is a more serious injury, he might not recover so quickly. And if the meniscus tear is deep enough, then it might impact his long term athleticism.

8 week injury at most typically. I bet he's back on the court by the time practice starts.

Meniscus is not that big of a deal.
Way better than if he'd torn his ACL or another ligament.

When I had mine 'scoped, I was able to walk out of the hospital without crutches, and was able to spin on a bike in about a week, and do very easy running another week or so later.

What had been my bad knee, had become my good knee after recovering from the procedure.

He will likely be ready to go by Labor Day.

When I had mine 'scoped, I was able to walk out of the hospital without crutches, and was able to spin on a bike in about a week, and do very easy running another week or so later.

What had been my bad knee, had become my good knee after recovering from the procedure.

Agreed, tore mine in college and was playing ball within 1.5 months.

It depends -- not all meniscus tears are the same. If it isn't a "deep" tear that only requires a scope--then quick bounce back and no long term impacts. If it is a deep enough tear to require that the meniscus is removed, still not debilitating but a different, possibly more extensive recovery that could impact long term health [bone on bone]. Not all meniscus issues are the same. But if it's just a quick 'scope, then he'll be fine and won't be out of commission long, as you point out. Especially given that he'll live in the trainer's room post-surgery to regain flexibility / strength quickly.

You're not an athlete. There are degrees to meniscus tears. He can have it sewn back together, do pure rehab and let it heal on its own or get it removed entirely which is what most surgeons do. The latter is not recommended as you increase your risk for arthritis down the line as it is bone on bone with nothing to absorb the friction.

You're not an athlete. There are degrees to meniscus tears. He can have it sewn back together, do pure rehab and let it heal on its own or get it removed entirely which is what most surgeons do. The latter is not recommended as you increase your risk for arthritis down the line as it is bone on bone with nothing to absorb the friction.

And you know that how? :noidea:

Please tell me more about me. :blah:
And all about the options for meniscus repair, all of which were discussed w/ me when I had mine done.

When I tore mine it took me about 3 months of physical therapy and another 5 months of weight training and light cardio before I could play hoops again.

This^^

Status
Not open for further replies.