Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

His dad was the former president of Sean Combs Enterprises/Bad Boy Records and a sports agent who represented Lamarcus Aldridge Ben Gordon +? Wut?

I definitely missed that.
IMG_0486.JPG

hmmmm
Francis03 what you got here?
He loves the Cuse. Always thought that we could've had him if we wanted before backing off after his infamous Mayfest visit. Would slide in immediately at the 3. Similar playing style to Mali, but much better playmaker and passer. Off court issues is kind of concerning but hopefully he has matured as time passed by.

GA Tech seems to be the only school that is really pushing hard for him. So I think we could pull this off if the pursuit is consistent.

My belief is this is a reaction to Lydon leaving. We need a taller wing shooter, Tucker fits this mold.
I think Tucker would be much more the AW3 replacement. Same size and similar games.

Lydon was not a prototypical SU offensive player, so I think Moyer and Brissett are more in the traditional mold there.

He loves the Cuse. Always thought that we could've had him if we wanted before backing off after his infamous Mayfest visit. Would slide in immediately at the 3. Similar playing style to Mali, but much better playmaker and passer. Off court issues is kind of concerning but hopefully he has matured as time passed by.

GA Tech seems to be the only school that is really pushing hard for him. So I think we could pull this off if the pursuit is consistent.
is it possible Hop was like, nope that kid's trouble - and now JB is like, eh he's not too much trouble for me
??

is it possible Hop was like, nope that kid's trouble - and now JB is like, eh he's not too much trouble for me
??
That would be my guess considering the timing. And it makes sense considering JB's ability to give multiple chances.

If I'm this kid, I'm telling JB to take a hike. As much as I want him to come here, we turned our back on him when he was really interested in coming here. I know there were some behavioral issues, but still. You don't stop going after a Top 100 recruit who has you in his top 3...
Wrong. You never let your money get mad. If you like us kid, we like you. Bygones.

The thing here with some people saying "we back off" is because there was a legit reason why. Maybe as some have mentioned that JB is more willing of second chances and doesn't care as much as hop did/does. Secondly yeah he is leaving the comfort zone but it's on a rare occasion where a NY kid moved his senior year so we were willing to continue our recruitment of him. I hope we continue to go down south but who knows. I like this though let's hope it means something more.

Wrong. You never let your money get mad. If you like us kid, we like you. Bygones.
No way, if I'm a top 100 guy and I let someone know I want to come there and they stop recruiting me for months, of course I'm going to be bothered by that.

Doesn't change the fact that I want him to come here, but these guys have such big egos. The only reason we have a shot is because the only team pursuing him hard is Georgia Tech and maybe Nova to a degree.

No way, if I'm a top 100 guy and I let someone know I want to come there and they stop recruiting me for months, of course I'm going to be bothered by that.

Doesn't change the fact that I want him to come here, but these guys have such big egos. The only reason we have a shot is because the only team pursuing him hard is Georgia Tech and maybe Nova to a degree.
We didn't just stop recruiting him for no reason. There was a legit reason why we backed off.

We didn't just stop recruiting him for no reason. There was a legit reason why we backed off.
I'm not saying there wasn't, but we still backed off when others didn't.

He didn't do those things on an official visit to their campuses.
Okay, but if it was that big of a deal then we wouldn't be back recruiting him. I think it was moreso that he moved to Georgia, as to the major reason we stopped going after him hard.