Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

It would have to come with a buyout. That's what most people with your opinion fail to mention. People think we can just pass on Hopkins without repercussion and that isn't the case.

I happen to think not giving him a chance could lead to greater harm, but thats my worthless opinion.
Couldn't agree more. On all counts.

It would have to come with a buyout. That's what most people with your opinion fail to mention. People think we can just pass on Hopkins without repercussion and that isn't the case.

I happen to think not giving him a chance could lead to greater harm, but thats my worthless opinion.
No , you make a valid point. And you are right,some don't realize it, but I myself say weigh out the pros and cons and say take our lumps now or maybe later. I just don't see it getting any better myself and that was the point I was making that is just my opinion. Will they or are they even thinking what I posted , no way , but like I say, jmo...just my opinion.

One of 8 top 100 guys left...

I know Tucker is still down to Nova and Indiana, but he hasn't committed yet. He must have really left a bad impression on our coaching staff as he would fill a glaring need on the wing next year.

One of 8 top 100 guys left...

I know Tucker is still down to Nova and Indiana, but he hasn't committed yet. He must have really left a bad impression on our coaching staff as he would fill a glaring need on the wing next year.
I see that Billy Preston fell to 20 in the rankings. ESPN must have thought that he decided on going to Syracuse instead of Kansas. They corrected it to bring Billy back from 101 (where they temporarily ranked him after he said that Syracuse was a possibility)

There's a bunch of buzz about him to GA Tech which his AAU team-mate Alvarado is committed to. It would really suck facing him knowing what could've been.

There's a bunch of buzz about him to GA Tech which his AAU team-mate Alvarado is committed to. It would really suck facing him knowing what could've been.
If he was never coming to SU, it never would have been, so no worries.

If I'm this kid, I'm telling JB to take a hike. As much as I want him to come here, we turned our back on him when he was really interested in coming here. I know there were some behavioral issues, but still. You don't stop going after a Top 100 recruit who has you in his top 3...

If I'm this kid, I'm telling JB to take a hike. As much as I want him to come here, we turned our back on him when he was really interested in coming here. I know there were some behavioral issues, but still. You don't stop going after a Top 100 recruit who has you in his top 3...

I go to SU for a year, then declare for the NBA.

No doubt JB can still do it if he wants to get out there. I'd still like to bring in someone with recruiting connections for the last coaching spot.

Positive sign that the old man is showing signs of fight. This is EXACTLY what the program needs, with Hopkins not here to do his heavy lifting anymore.

Agree 100% about the need to bring in an ace recruiter.