Shafer in home visit | Syracusefan.com

Shafer in home visit

TheSpaz

2nd String
According to ESPN Insider Coach Shafer is having an in home visit with a new recruit target. Anyone have insider and want to share who it is? :)

Corey Winfield ? Im not an insider, This is what I found though...

Orange target hosting new coach Shafer

Jared Shanker
New Syracuse coach Scott Shafer is looking for help at the skill positions, and he is leaving the East Coast to find at least one of them. Three-star Corey Winfield (St. Louis/Riverview Gardens), No. 205 among receivers nationally, began receiving...

Jared Shanker
New Syracuse coach Scott Shafer is looking for help at the skill positions, and he is leaving the East Coast to find at least one of them. Three-star Corey Winfield (St. Louis/Riverview Gardens), No. 205 among receivers nationally, began receiving...

Cool. Thanks. Get him!:)

Jared Shanker
interest from the Orange last week and had two assistant coaches attend his basketball game.

It looks as if Tuesday is when the Orange might put the full-court press on the 6-foot-1, 174-pound Winfield, as he and his mother will host Shafer for an in-home visit that evening.

“Very much so,” Winfield's uncle Neal Richardson said Friday when asked if Winfield was interested in the Orange, “just because they’re going to be in the ACC and also the engineering and education they have to offer is very enticing."

Winfield committed to Northern Illinois in July and is the Huskies' top-ranked commitment.

“He loves Northern Illinois," Richardson said Friday, "but when a school like Syracuse calls, you have to give them an opportunity to show you what they have to offer.”

if it's an either or, and we have a chance i would rather have Cooper. Wonder if they take more then 1 WR?

Would he be considered a package deal with Kimble?

Would be a real nice pickup, I wasnt a fan of not taking a WR this class, we could use two and this kid seems like a player.

If we get him and Kimble, I can see Northern Illinoise fans not being too big of fans of ours. Thankfully, I couldn't give a damn considering Clemson did the same with Ogundeko and FSU is doing it with Edwards.

EO was never committed to SU. Much different situation.
Flipping kids is just one of the ugly sides to the process. There are many others unfotunately.:mad:

I wonder if Shafer & staff are going to get any grief for stomping on their Northern Illinois roots.
I like that Shafer & staff don't care if they do get grief!

I wonder if Shafer & staff are going to get any grief for stomping on their Northern Illinois roots.
I like that Shafer & staff don't care if they do get grief!
Maybe, but unlike the ethical dilemma of our recent fearless leader,
  1. He's not an NIU alum.
  2. He never pledged that he would so everything in his power to further the NIU program.
So, go get 'em Shafe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom