Shafer quotes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer quotes

One would think that we should be able to pay more now that we're making 23 million and not 3.4 million.

I really loved the part about watching the freshman emotionally (and others) and getting the older kids to look out for the freshman ie as mentors and big brothers. I think just watching out for these kids' emotional well being is an interesting concept - and a good one. The way he painted that picture people just don't think about. And there's always homesickness issues this time of year.

Last edited:
Great story. The bolded part scares me, though. We can't pay our OC as much as Arkansas pays their WR coach?

Which I believe is less then $250k eeeeh scary

I love Shafer and his candid stories like this. Great story. (anyone want to speculate on who the one "early guy couldn't do it")

'

My money is on Cubit.

I just can't see HCSS and this staff NOT being successful. And by successful I mean 9 and 10 win seasons here and there.

Lawrinson14 I feel like we need a photoshop of the staff as the guys from Reservoir Dogs walking down the alley in their matching black suits.

article-2233375-0004277500000258-702_470x290.jpg

Coach Mac as Joe Cabot is a definite.
As is HCSS as Mr. White.
TGD as Nice Guy Eddie?
Anyone want to assign coaches to the other Mr. Colors? Don't really need to since they're dressed the same though.

Coach Mac as Joe Cabot is a definite.
As is HCSS as Mr. White.
TGD as Nice Guy Eddie?
Anyone want to assign coaches to the other Mr. Colors? Don't really need to since they're dressed the same though.
I feel like Mr. Orange is the most important role to cast, for obvious reasons.

Great story. The bolded part scares me, though. We can't pay our OC as much as Arkansas pays their WR coach?

I'm not real impressed with Bielema so I wonder if that was part of the move- maybe McDonald just felt more comfortable working for Shafer as well as getting the promotion to OC

By the way Coach assembled his staff, and the way they saved the original class. Also the 2014 class, the class in 2015, and working on the 2016 class, they weren't just talking, but had a plan. Realizing putting too much on players plate cost games, admitting the fact players were slow, because they were doing too much thinking, rather then reacting to the situation. As fans there will be ups, and downs, but this group of coaches is going to be fun to watch as they grow, and they want to be here.

Very easy staff to root for. I get the feeling that Shafer is the type of head man that coaches will want to play for, and he'll have no problem replacing staff members that leave to take other opportunities with quality guys. Continuity shouldn't be a problem.

For me, just the fact that they are hitting NJ hard, instills a lot of confidence that they know what they're doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom