Shaka Smart turns down UCLA and signs extension with VCU. | Syracusefan.com

Shaka Smart turns down UCLA and signs extension with VCU.

Wait I thought he was going to coach the Gophers. Not suprised. I think it's going to end up being Lorenzo Romar.

He's a great coach, I'm glad to see him stay at a program that him and his family love rather than sell out.

Good for Shaka and you have to wonder what job he is waiting for?

That would be interesting but it will never happen...I think!

If I lived in an area I love and have a job making 1.5 per year, why do I need to go to a place like UCLA and have a ton of pressure? The guy is building a great program at vcu and can make the tourney every year in the A10.

Syracuse lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe not lol. I would bet that Smart had a number of programs contact him with anticipated openings in the next couple of years (ND?). Maybe he is waiting.

I am not claiming that Syracuse is one, but we could do much worse. And, I like the idea of reaching out to hot coaches ahead of JB's actual retirement if for no other reason than to gauge interest.

Syracuse lol

If he goes to Syracuse, he could never be the next JB. If he stays at VCU, he could be!

If he goes to Syracuse, he could never be the next JB. If he stays at VCU, he could be!
Come here and be the next coach K!!!! We have rabid fans like VCU. Coach K had like 186 victories at Army I think.

Wait I thought he was going to coach the Gophers. Not suprised. I think it's going to end up being Lorenzo Romar.

How come you think it'll be Romar? I thought he was a UW alum? I don't really think he'd be any better at UCLA than he is at Washington...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom