Sharder post game interview | Syracusefan.com

Sharder post game interview

kcsu

Living Legend
Listen to Shraders post game interview yesterday and its pretty obvious he was less than thrilled with the game plan and play calling. Guy is a no baloney straight shooter and his interview is pretty telling. This is the second time he has spoken his mind and disapointment in play calling.

Listen to Shraders post game interview yesterday and its pretty obvious he was less than thrilled with the game plan and play calling. Guy is a no baloney straight shooter and his interview is pretty telling. This is the second time he has spoken his mind and disapointment in play calling.
While I appreciate his honesty I doubt the coaches appreciate it. But I care more about how I feel so keep being honest GS. Lol

While I appreciate his honesty I doubt the coaches appreciate it. But I care more about how I feel so keep being honest GS. Lol
Maybe Dino can hire Norman to help with in game decisions:)

Just listened to this.
IMO, it sounds like he was disappointed with the execution and not the game plan. He talked about how they thought the game plan was going to be successful.
Even though he used 'we' in describing the terrible offensive showing ('the worst loss' this season), I thought he was accepting responsibility for not being able to get the ball in the receivers hands. He used 'we' throughout his interview and talked about the team needing to stick together.

I didn’t get that at all.

Just listened to this.
IMO, it sounds like he was disappointed with the execution and not the game plan. He talked about how they thought the game plan was going to be successful.
Even though he used 'we' in describing the terrible offensive showing ('the worst loss' this season), I thought he was accepting responsibility for not being able to get the ball in the receivers hands. He used 'we' throughout his interview and talked about the team needing to stick together.
Listen again.

I think you hear what you want to hear.

Mayyyyybe the comment about throwing out of empty sets, but I think he was also realizing that was out of necessity because of where the game was.

It was more about execution than gameplan, he thought they had a gameplan that would work.

The beginning of that was great.

Reporter: "Tell us what happened on the high snap"

GS: "Well, I called for the snap and it was high"

Odd that I find his interview refreshing after a game like that, but I do.

I think what was "obvious" is just how insightful, mature, and composed Shrader is in an interview, especially immediately following a loss like that. Unlike your perception, I got the sense that he believed that there were multifaceted issues that contributed to the poor performance, including his own play and L'ville ability to execute their game plan. It seemed like an honest assessment to me.

Since we know Dino will be back next year, Gilbert should not be. We should be able to get a lot more out of the personnel we have on offense
What personnel? We have no ACC level receivers, a quarterback who can’t throw, an offensive line that can’t block and tight ends who can’t catch. We have a great running back and that’s it.

What personnel? We have no ACC level receivers, a quarterback who can’t throw, an offensive line that can’t block and tight ends who can’t catch. We have a great running back and that’s it.
I have no idea how good or bad the OC is. But I do know that there isn't one team in this league that would trade their wide outs for ours. Probably wouldn't trade our O-line for theirs either. That does make it tough to call winning plays. Our two runners, Tucker and GS are really good. That isn't enough.

Just listened to this.
That is way different interpretation than the OP. Interesting. Gotta listen myself. Big difference between GS saying he was disappointed with the gameplan and him saying he was disappointed that they didn't execute the game plan and thinking it was viable.

I think what was "obvious" is just how insightful, mature, and composed Shrader is in an interview, especially immediately following a loss like that. Unlike your perception, I got the sense that he believed that there were multifaceted issues that contributed to the poor performance, including his own play and L'ville ability to execute their game plan. It seemed like an honest assessment to me.
Exactly. Too many tinfoil hats and strolls down voodoo lane here

I’m not for cutting Gilbert , but if you have a running back that’s going to end up with 13 or 14 hundred yards you can’t say you have an offensive line that can’t block. Tucker is excellent but no RB goes without blocking.

Sterling took over as OC at USF and inherited a top 10 offense with the best QB in school history Quintin Flowers. He had success with Flowers as a senior and after that he turned a consecutive top 10 O into one that wasn't even in the top 65. Gilbert was a terrible hire and if DB has any hope of getting a third contract here then he needs to make a change.

I have no idea how good or bad the OC is. But I do know that there isn't one team in this league that would trade their wide outs for ours. Probably wouldn't trade our O-line for theirs either. That does make it tough to call winning plays. Our two runners, Tucker and GS are really good. That isn't enough.
Ill take our OL over the bottom 3rd and our wide outs as well.
I think its scheme more than talent.

Ill take our OL over the bottom 3rd and our wide outs as well.
I think its scheme more than talent.
5 teams? you think we have better players at those positions that 5 teams? 2 of the 3 best wide outs we have had were average guys at other schools. I don't agree with 5 teams at all. You want to pick out 1 or 2. make a case. But 5 teams. I don't buy it.

I admit I'm no coach but with UL having 8 and 9 (sometimes 10) guys within 7 yards of the line, I don't see how you can have much success running up the middle and throwing quick outs. I thought we were fortunate not to have a pick six. I thought we needed to roll GS out and maybe some sweeps or option runs.

Good point and exactly what recruiting numbers have shown. If you’re going to recruit at the bottom of your conference each year you need really good teachers who can coach players up over 3+ years and coordinators that are good game planners. We haven’t had a lot of that as we’ve cycled through a ton of coaches in 6 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom