Shooting | Syracusefan.com

Shooting

DonLightfoot

All Conference
FG - 50.0%
3PT - 37.5%
FT - 53.6%

First two stats are very good, although we need to factor in the competition. Free throws are gloomy to say the least. However, being the first game that FT% could possibly be expected.

I was pleased to see us try to go inside a little more in the second half. 3PT attempts were 21 in the first half and 11 in the second.

Even though it was against weak competition, I was pleased with what I saw.

You would think this team will be good at the FTL when you go player to player. Hopefully that is an anomaly. I do think we will have to be in the high 30's from 3pt land to really compete as a top 4 team in the ACC. Its doable though. Very possible that we are a dangerous offensive squad this year.

Its funny how much people push anything less then a team 35% from three as unacceptable.
33.4 percent should be the low bar.

We were all tough on Cooney but 30% isn't all that bad when another makes up for it shooting as many at a 36% clip, to even it out at 33.3. At the same time let's sit back and see how many times cooney gets open.
Hes not running his usual 100 billion practice shot routine anymore, and working on other things like rebounding and assists :) Think he had 5 and 5.

Last edited:
On 7-8 of our offensive boards we kicked the ball out for a jumper, I think we missed them all.
Considering we still shot 50% not bad.

We're going to shoot a lot of 3's this year. We'll see some games where we hit 11 3's and score 80 and beat Duke, then we'll go 3/15 from 3 against Clemson and score 52 and lose. That's the nature of shooting that many 3s in a game.

I dont feel like looking it up, but have we ever been a good free throw shooting team. Seems like every year it's horrible at the line.

I dont feel like looking it up, but have we ever been a good free throw shooting team. Seems like every year it's horrible at the line.
National champ team was very decent, except for Jeremy McNeil. Maybe that's the ONLY thing that has kept us from repeating. Free throw shooting! 2010 also seemed good. I, too, am too lazy to look anything up. But my unsubstantiated opinion is that good free throw percentage is vital to the success of any team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom