Shout out to Lynch | Syracusefan.com

Shout out to Lynch

PhatOrange

Living Legend
His 3rd and long swing pass calls were money. They were designed calls with trips split wide cleared all the DBs and safeties out and the 2 LBs had to stay home. They were 3rd and a mile with all day to run. Was it 2 or 3 that worked? Great calls.

Also, the most points BC had allowed was 35 to Temple, 34 to Wake, 30 to Purdue, 28 to NCState and 27 to Clemson. Only Temple and Clemson were BC home games. We put up 42 on them and they were home on their senior day. Tremendous job by Lynch and everyone on the offense. We manhandled a good BC defense.

Last edited:
Yep, we cleared out the defenders and had him run a simple delayed wheel route into the vacated space. I count at least 3 times that went for big yards.

I also think we are not getting nearly as excited about pounding them ON THE ROAD as we should be. That has been this team's kryptonite, even earlier this year (see Pitt).

Yep, we cleared out the defenders and had him run a simple delayed wheel route into the vacated space. I count at least 3 times that went for big yards.

I also think we are not getting nearly as excited about pounding them ON THE ROAD as we should be. That has been this team's kryptonite, even earlier this year (see Pitt).

Yeah, it’s hard to win on the road. It was their senior day, playing for 8-4 against the team they hate the most, sun shining and we went out and curb stomped them. We really hit them hard and out toughed them.

Yeah, it’s hard to win on the road. It was their senior day, playing for 8-4 against the team they hate the most, sun shining and we went out and curb stomped them. We really hit them hard and out toughed them.

The craziest thing about the game, to me, was how composed Addazzio stayed on the sidelines, the way we physically beat up his team. I would have expected him to be screaming in their faces and screaming at the refs to try to get their adrenaline up. I think they knew they were beaten pretty early. That's one of the first times I remember that either against Addazzio or against BC.

The craziest thing about the game, to me, was how composed Addazzio stayed on the sidelines, the way we physically beat up his team. I would have expected him to be screaming in their faces and screaming at the refs to try to get their adrenaline up. I think they knew they were beaten pretty early. That's one of the first times I remember that either against Addazzio or against BC.

D0DE8528-0C3B-430F-9339-F65F818CC1BD.jpeg

I told em all week...eat your protein, drink your protein, carry your gallon of water with you, fill empty it at least twice a day, only eat brown rice.....do they listen??? NO!!

I thought that was one of two key plays. That Trill int was huge. That was a ginormous change in momentum.

I also thought we caught them with a couple of 3rd and long inside runs that went for big plays - which is a very smart play call the angers the average fan. When it doesn’t work people want to kill the coach( oh my god, we gave up)...but when it does work it is genius and goes for huge chunks.

I also thought that Addazzio’s decision to send out a clearly banged up Dillon made our defensive job easier.

I also thought that Addazzio’s decision to send out a clearly banged up Dillon made our defensive job easier.

I know you have to give your stud an opportunity to play if he can, but Dillon was clearly not himself from the start. Once he was hit, he crumbled to the ground. Good break for us, one which we haven't seemed to catch over the last 15 years.

Northeast road games in November are supposed to be the reason to run a conventional offense and not a gimmick according to the meatheads. And here we are!

You could see the frustration on Dazzler's face over this...

His whole brand is old skool, meathead, smash mouth ball... For syracuse to show up on last game senior day and kick them in the nards, bloody their noses and fluster their seniors into repeated, rattled offside penalties... We beat them wholeheartedly at their own game.

His post-game presser job-begging proved it. He knew fullwell that it was a giant wet fart on the end of their regular season... And not a good look at all...

Last edited:
You could see the frustration on Dazzler's face over this...

His whole brand is old skool, meathead, smash mouth ball... For syracuse to show up on last game senior day and kick them in the nards, bloody their noses and fluster their seniors into repeated, rattled offside penalties... We beat them wholeheartedly at their own game.

His post-game presser job-begging proved it. He knew fullwell that it was a giant wet fart on the end of their regular season... And not a good look at all...

I’m still giddy at the offsides.

Dillon looked increasingly unable to turn the corner. Still was their leading rusher and got almost 5ypc. I like that Dino couldn’t remember the name of their #2 running back in his post game press conference. Ouch.

BC did not mentally show up for this game. Or we just turned out the lights on them. Or both. So many stupid penalties, dropped passes and blown coverages. They looked completely unprepared for this game. I laughed out loud at every one.

BC did not mentally show up for this game. Or we just turned out the lights on them. Or both. So many stupid penalties, dropped passes and blown coverages. They looked completely unprepared for this game. I laughed out loud at every one.

We've been in BC's shoes -- hot start, injuries derail the promising start, and they limp toward the finish line struggling over the course of the last 4-5 weeks of the season.

Watching the game unfold, I think we made them quit.

We ran all over them at will.

Lynch designed and called some excellent plays. Great point about leaking Strick out of the backfield - that play paralyzed their safeties.

And I loved the repeated inside runs because I felt we gave up on them too early in the first half at ND.

Those inside runs are huge for this offense, when they get a game breaker those will go for 6 very frequently. I remember watching Baylor break those big runs non stop. Great plays

yep, Travis Greene did this regularly under Babers at Bowling Green. When we get that type of back look out.

I think its obvious that Baber's has clearly improved the talent level on the team. He has vastly improved the depth which is something as a non-football guy I never appreciated. You need to have #2s that are comparable to your #1s. He is also recruiting for more size and length, especially in the back end of the defense and potentially at the wide receiver positions. I also think he wants backs that are bigger and more physical. We may see that next year with incoming freshman and transfers.

I think its obvious that Baber's has clearly improved the talent level on the team. He has vastly improved the depth which is something as a non-football guy I never appreciated. You need to have #2s that are comparable to your #1s. He is also recruiting for more size and length, especially in the back end of the defense and potentially at the wide receiver positions. I also think he wants backs that are bigger and more physical. We may see that next year with incoming freshman and transfers.
Don't worry. Time spent on this forum will turn you into a football guy. ;)

yep, Travis Greene did this regularly under Babers at Bowling Green. When we get that type of back look out.
With Mo Ab and Jawar those runs next year will be explosive. Plus Davis at Guard is going to add a new dimension as well.