SI final rankings | Syracusefan.com

SI final rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true 6’11” 220 for Carey is not skinny…If he can add another 10-15 will be plenty big with his length to disrupt and rebound

If true 6’11” 220 for Carey is not skinny…If he can add another 10-15 will be plenty big with his length to disrupt and rebound
Kevin Durant is 240 and he’s the definition of skinny. Carey is skinny.

Frank weighed 215 and Jesse is 230. 220 is a good weight for a Frosh and he should be able to add 15-20 pounds over the next few years. That would be plenty of weigh for a mobile 7 footer and enough to bang inside for us.

Cuse

3 in the top 100

It’s a really, really good class and a step in getting us back to where we should be. Should be multiple contributors next year and then a few more that take another year. If we can follow this up with keeping some of the upperclassmen and another good recruiting class then the future looks good.

Cuse

Frank weighed 215 and Jesse is 230. 220 is a good weight for a Frosh and he should be able to add 15-20 pounds over the next few years. That would be plenty of weigh for a mobile 7 footer and enough to bang inside for us.

Cuse
Over the next few years, he’s pretty much our backup right now, is he even in game shape after missing a lot of time?

I know that's his official listed weight...for real though? He was listed in college around 200...and I get he's gotten a lot stronger and more muscle since college. Just still seems like 240 is too high. 220-225 seems more accurate to me.

Instead of starting a new thread I’ll use this one. This guys ranking of the top 50 is not based on HS or college projection. He says he is using a lense for the NBA.

After Mintz I am going to go out on a limb and say I am weirdly high on Carey as our next best prospect. Call it a hunch, but all the tape I’ve seen shows him to be way more athletic than Edwards. He just really needs some refining.

Weird island to stand on after last season.
Tough stance to take about a man with over 40 winning seasons, who built a national program and who last season finished 1 game under 500. Syracuse first losing season in most fans lifetime. I will stand by his evaluation on that island.

Tough stance to take about a man with over 40 winning seasons, who built a national program and who last season finished 1 game under 500. Syracuse first losing season in most fans lifetime. I will stand by his evaluation on that island.
His career is amazing. His last 7-8 years are mediocre. Last year was bad. I am high on this class. I don’t know what they will do next year. The expectation for a “good” season at Syracuse should always be 20+ wins, second weekend of the tournament, top 4 or so in the league. Yes, Boeheim is the coach who set those expectations with his career.

All of those things can be true.

His career is amazing. His last 7-8 years are mediocre. Last year was bad. I am high on this class. I don’t know what they will do next year. The expectation for a “good” season at Syracuse should always be 20+ wins, second weekend of the tournament, top 4 or so in the league. Yes, Boeheim is the coach who set those expectations with his career.

All of those things can be true.
yep

Instead of starting a new thread I’ll use this one. This guys ranking of the top 50 is not based on HS or college projection. He says he is using a lense for the NBA.

All of these players were born after our Natty.

After Mintz I am going to go out on a limb and say I am weirdly high on Carey as our next best prospect. Call it a hunch, but all the tape I’ve seen shows him to be way more athletic than Edwards. He just really needs some refining.
He moves like a bouncier Doley.

Think he’s much more of a 5 than Marek was but it seems like he’ll be capable of playing forward here at some point.

Maybe coach knows more than the experts on our board. That can't be though, can it?
Not really sure what your angle is here but two things can be true... Boeheim can still coach but he can also make his share of blunders, especially with roster composition and player substitutions (or lack thereof). The problem is, the latter is what most of us are seeing more of over the last several years.

The roster he put together last year was awesome. No one could have possibly seen that coming. Oh wait, many did.
Last yr team was all about not playing defense

The roster he put together last year was awesome. No one could have possibly seen that coming. Oh wait, many did.

After the fact

Interesting, he has Mintz at 15th best NBA prospect. Ahead of all of our near misses, including Filipowski.

The free ranking only goes to 50, none of our other guys made the list or the "just missed" addition.

Mintz is slight of build so far, but has a lot of physical talent and seems a natural basketball player. He is not a freak like the top players usually are. 15 doesn't seem far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom