Silver lining? Now go HARD after Asiantii Woulard!!! | Syracusefan.com

Silver lining? Now go HARD after Asiantii Woulard!!!

CuseACC

Walk On
The silver lining in this could be that this stud sees the opening here and commits to Cuse. Let's hope the coaches understand this and go after the kid. Get the OC signed fast and get this kid. This is the kid voted MVP of the Elite 11 QB camp- the one Allen attended and didn't come close to winning and wasn't even mentioned in any post-camp conversations ;). When all is said and done, Zach will probably not even be as good as we hoped. I never thought he was that good anyway. That's why he never got much love from rating sites.

Zach Allen just tweeted...

I committed to TCU. I had been loyal the whole time and have done everything I could for Cuse. They changed the deal with coaches leaving.

The silver lining in this could be that this stud sees the opening here and commits to Cuse. Let's hope the coaches understand this and go after the kid. Get the OC signed fast and get this kid. This is the kid voted MVP of the Elite 11 QB camp- the one Allen attended and didn't come close to winning and wasn't even mentioned in any post-camp conversations ;). When all is said and done, Zach will probably not even be as good as we hoped. I never thought he was that good anyway. That's why he never got much love from rating sites.
yes, that's exactly how recruiting works. Oh Lord

he's not coming here, we haven't spoken with him in months.

Zach Allen just tweeted...

I committed to TCU. I had been loyal the whole time and have done everything I could for Cuse. They changed the deal with coaches leaving.

So, is he blaming SU for Marrone and Hackett going to the NFL?

yes, that's exactly how recruiting works. Oh Lord

he's not coming here, we haven't spoken with him in months.
You are right, it probably doesn't, but who knows. These kids are nuts. They change their minds about schools based on the stupidest reasons. I am not saying Allen's reason was stupid, but it came close to it. Shafer, I am sure, was hell bent on keeping this kid and giving him every opportunity to be QB here. He chose to be a quitter. The other villain is Marrone, for taking Hackett. That was a low blow to SU. He was ready to sign the next deal to stay as OC at SU, but then Marrone literally rang him and offered him the OC position at Buffalo. It is really unbelievable.

Marrone's timing was impeccable.

You are right, it probably doesn't, but who knows. These kids are nuts. They change their minds about schools based on the stupidest reasons. I am not saying Allen's reason was stupid, but it came close to it. Shafer, I am sure, was hell bent on keeping this kid and giving him every opportunity to be QB here. He chose to be a quitter. The other villain is Marrone, for taking Hackett. That was a low blow to SU. He was ready to sign the next deal to stay as OC at SU, but then Marrone literally rang him and offered him the OC position at Buffalo. It is really unbelievable.

Are you serious right now?

Over on the bball board, we have people talking about how basketball players shouldn't even go to class because they aren't brought in here to do academics, but rather to play basketball.

Now, because a kid decides to decommit because his head coach and OC (and recruiting coach) moved to the NFL, it is a stupid decision?

Quitter? Biggest life decision he has to make, takes everything into account and makes an unpopular choice. It would have been worse for him to be here and disappointed with the OC hire and become like Jonny Miller.

Don't let emotions drive you. He also has every opportunity to be the QB at TCU (in his home state) and closer to home.

Coaching turnover as a reason to decommit is the best reason there is to decommit that doesn't involve family issues.

Are you serious right now?

Over on the bball board, we have people talking about how basketball players shouldn't even go to class because they aren't brought in here to do academics, but rather to play basketball.

Now, because a kid decides to decommit because his head coach and OC (and recruiting coach) moved to the NFL, it is a stupid decision?

Quitter? Biggest life decision he has to make, takes everything into account and makes an unpopular choice. It would have been worse for him to be here and disappointed with the OC hire and become like Jonny Miller.

Don't let emotions drive you. He also has every opportunity to be the QB at TCU (in his home state) and closer to home.

Coaching turnover as a reason to decommit is the best reason there is to decommit that doesn't involve family issues.
Yes, I am 100% serious. Let me tell you something, these kids are not foreign to the concepts of loyalty and honor. This is my position on Zach Allen... it is not like he was some under-the-radar recruit for Syracuse University- he was considered its gem in the class. SU committed all it could to helping him succeed here. Moreover, he became an ambassador of sorts, helping to maintain commitments and also recruiting those who were not committed yet. So then, when a small snag in the plans comes along, and yes it is a small snag, he bolts. Changing coaches does nothing insofar as ruining his chances of becoming THE QB here. Shafer mentioned keeping the same offensive style here. Zach simply found a loophole, and his disloyal, immature side manifested itself to the world today. He is a quitter, plain and simple.

Marrone's timing was impeccable.
Really bucked the odds. Passed history would have suggested we wanted to keep the possibility of hiring Hack in play for as long as possible instead of taking the chance away from the Bills.

Nobody will get that joke.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I am 100% serious. Let me tell you something, these kids are not foreign to the concepts of loyalty and honor. This is my position on Zach Allen... it is not like he was some under-the-radar recruit for Syracuse University- he was considered its gem in the class. SU committed all it could to helping him succeed here. Moreover, he became an ambassador of sorts, helping to maintain commitments and also recruiting those who were not committed yet. So then, when a small snag in the plans comes along, and yes it is a small snag, he bolts. Changing coaches does nothing insofar as ruining his chances of becoming THE QB here. Shafer mentioned keeping the same offensive style here. Zach simply found a loophole, and his disloyal, immature side manifested itself to the world today. He is a quitter, plain and simple.
Let's let this play out first, loss of an unproven kid. May turn out to be a Ray Rice loss, or may never hear about this kid again. Gunner Kiel. Last years #1 QB prospect, commits to LSU, the goes to Notre Dame, just announced he's looking to transfer after sitting for a year, probably because the ND QB is just a soph. Would we want a kid like that

Easy, I am disappointed like everyone else. But in the world of recruiting, it is all about relationships, not necessarily the university. It just hurts a lot more when it is the top player in the class that changes his mind. How many times has SU picked up a recruit that had verballed somewhere else. I think it has probably happened a lot. There are also many on this board who discuss why we don't go after certain players when there are coaching changes like this at other schools. This is far from a deal breaker for SU going forward. It means that Austin Wilson becomes "the man". Also, opens up a great opportunity in next year's senior class. It is far from a doomsday scenario.

it is not like he was some under-the-radar recruit for Syracuse University- he was considered its gem in the class. SU committed all it could to helping him succeed here. Moreover, he became an ambassador of sorts, helping to maintain commitments and also recruiting those who were not committed yet. So then, when a small snag in the plans comes along, and yes it is a small snag, he bolts. Changing coaches does nothing insofar as ruining his chances of becoming THE QB here. Shafer mentioned keeping the same offensive style here. Zach simply found a loophole, and his disloyal, immature side manifested itself to the world today. He is a quitter, plain and simple.

Who made Zach Allen the gem? Show me a quote from a Marrone or Hackett that says he is the gem.

He committed near the same time as Austin Wilson and fans have hyped Allen into the ambassador of Syracuse. Half of them haven't even seen Allen play. I watched him in the All-Star game that was televised. He needs a redshirt year, but has all the tools to be an above average starter. He actually reminds me of a more mobile version of... Andy Dalton. Think TCU talked that up?

What did Syracuse commit to Zach Allen?

What stops him from being THE QB at TCU?

What loophole did Zach find? He was committed, his coaches leave (I don't understand how you call that a small snag...) and then TCU jumped on him.

Do you think Zach Chibane (originally commited to USF) was a quitter? How about Darius Kelly (originally committed to Marshall)?

You are looking at this through orange colored glasses. Coaches are 75 % of the reason a recruit commits somewhere.

Let's let this play out first, loss of an unproven kid. May turn out to be a Ray Rice loss, or may never hear about this kid again. Gunner Kiel. Last years #1 QB prospect, commits to LSU, the goes to Notre Dame, just announced he's looking to transfer after sitting for a year, probably because the ND QB is just a soph. Would we want a kid like that
He might transfer again. Not gonna hop over Golson. Heard some rumors he was considering it.

On the TCU board they were never high on ZA when TCU offered on the 9th and think he will be a career back-up we'll see

Eh, let's just move on since we aren't landing another QB at this point in this class, and work on prying a kid like DeShone Kizer out of Ohio.

Really classless post I wish nothing but the worst for him. A Career ending injury would be nice.
I'm hoping my sarcasm meter is off...

Did you really just call his post classless, yet wish him a career ending injury? Are you 12 years old? Pot kettle?

Disappointing yes, end of the world NO!! Go after Woulard, or maybe someone else. It is not like we have nobody. Wilson coming in(So Far) Loeb, Hunt or Kinder. I hope people didn't think ZA was going to come in and lead us to some 9-3 season, he would have taken his lumps, thats assuming he won the job. I think most of the hype was more Texas than anything else. Kinda like Joe Fields. Bottom line he is gone and if we can't get Woulard, I hope we don't give a desperate Schollie. Go after quality in next years class.

Disappointing yes, end of the world NO!! Go after Woulard, or maybe someone else. It is not like we have nobody. Wilson coming in(So Far) Loeb, Hunt or Kinder. I hope people didn't think ZA was going to come in and lead us to some 9-3 season, he would have taken his lumps, thats assuming he won the job. I think most of the hype was more Texas than anything else. Kinda like Joe Fields. Bottom line he is gone and if we can't get Woulard, I hope we don't give a desperate Schollie. Go after quality in next years class.
This is the best post I have read with regard to this situation. The part about most of the hype being because he is from Texas. I agree 100%.