Since we have so many great coaches on this board | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Since we have so many great coaches on this board

It's really not that complicated. Honestly if we just played some 4-3 Cover 2 man, and OLB blitz man it would help alot. You just need to spread out the LBs, take away the gaps upfront by squeezing the DL together and play bump and run on the outside. Then when the QB throws the ball, hit the red circle followed by the yellow triangle and it will help immensely. This advice brought to you by a Threepeat NCAA 2014 national championship winner. You're welcome.

they'll figure it out. at eastern illinois and bowling green, maybe some of these problems didn't come up. this was a bad defense that got a little worse. i'm not freaking out about it but we sure can't say they're doing a good job there yet.

it's not that hard to ask them to be 72nd in the country like the immortal 2012 team coached by the immortal doog

There must have been problems for Babers to demote his friend and hire a new DC. The fact that he was willing to make that change makes me think he wouldn't hesitate to do it again if need be.

I think it's much simpler than all of this. If you give decent QBs & WRs all the time in the world to play throw and catch we are going to get picked apart no matter what D we run.

Secondly, it's not talent it's really the lack of experience coupled with lack of depth in this new system where we are playing mostly underclassman not used to the speed, strength and accuracy of extremely talented opposing offenses this year so it would not of mattered even under any of our former HCs.

It's a buzzsaw year with all the talented QBs and offenses we have and will face but trial by fire for our D's underclassmen this year sets them up nicely with great experience for years to come. I hate losing as much as anyone but am looking forward to the Wake game. It's really going to slow down for our D as Wake's receiving core is awful and Wake's QB is no Lamar Jackson favoring us to win.

However the lack of system experience and our youth favors Wake and if we keep making too many mistakes on not only the D but the O & ST we lose. I think all we just need to do is stop the run and the D we help us to win this game assuming the O & ST do their job too. I think coming back home 3-3 against VT should give our boys a better confidence level to take on VT and make it a game.

Looking forward to Saturday! Go Orange!

Talent. We don't have it yet. DB (especially corner) is one of the hardest positions to play in football nowadays with all of the capable passing attacks out there. If you're a DB of equal athleticism as the WR you're covering, you'd do well do stop him from catching 3 or 4 out of 10 targets to him. If you're a smaller, slower, weaker DB, you'd be lucky to defend 1 or 2 targets if you're lucky.

We don't have the talent advantage at any position on defense against most teams we'll be playing. If we want to stop the run, we have to commit an extra guy to the box; can't stop it straight up. Want to pressure the QB? We can't do it with a 4 (or even 5) man rush. Both of these things put the secondary in jeopardy. If we decide to commit and extra man to coverage, we'll get run all over.

To create an effective defensive scheme, you have to do at least one thing well out of a base defense and then build from that. If you can't do anything well in a base D, what do you do scheme-wise? Nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom