Slayton | Syracusefan.com

Slayton

shu 49

All Conference
Slayton is almost unblockable even being double teamed. Our d line looks great cause he is an animal. Great power, awesome off the snap and he has great handwork shedding blockers. I also hear he is strongest on team. If he keeps this up, might be a high round draft pick next year. Absolute beast.

Slayton is almost unblockable even being double teamed. Our d line looks great cause he is an animal. Great power, awesome off the snap and he has great handwork shedding blockers. I also hear he is strongest on team. If he keeps this up, might be a high round draft pick next year. Absolute beast.
I was at a couple practices in the IPF his RFR season... it was amazing then how physically superior he looked. He's been undervalued for a long time. He's a monster.

IMO...a DT standout is the best one position you can have on that side of the ball if you had to pick one specific position out of the 11. So many good things can happen from that.

Chris Slayton will be getting paid for his talents in the NFL soon enough. Just depends on if he leaves this year or next.

He's a freak.

Seriously hats off to Dino and company.. did anybody see the defense having this big of a turnaround. Not only slayton but man Robinson and the rest of the transfers where a huge success. I just wish we still had Steven :(
I actually expected this type of season from Slayton. The big surprise to me has been the play of Kayton Samuels. He's been a great running partner for Slayton.

I actually expected this type of season from Slayton. The big surprise to me has been the play of Kayton Samuels. He's been a great running partner for Slayton.

Opposing coaches review the film and see Slayton and know they have to double or 1 1/2 him. It is absolutely imperative the other DT's and DE's take advantage of this and as you wrote, they are starting to do so and getting confidence as well.

Yes, quite a few saw this coming. That they are this good without our best returning DL guy and best secondary guy makes it more impressive.

Seriously hats off to Dino and company.. did anybody see the defense having this big of a turnaround. Not only slayton but man Robinson and the rest of the transfers where a huge success. I just wish we still had Steven :(

I hope the week off after Miami gets Coleman and Black back for the stretch run. We will need them to try to bottle L. Jackson.

Chris Slayton will be getting paid for his talents in the NFL soon enough. Just depends on if he leaves this year or next.

He's a freak.
I’m not sure how much better he can get between this year and next but you have to believe his exposure would be exponentially more next year with the coverage (I think) we will get due to our breakout season, crazy scheme, and charismatic coach (not to mention 1/3 of announcers will be keenly aware of our resurgence since they are alums).

EDIT: That said if he grades out in the first couple rounds then he should go as I am always in favor of our athletes taking guarenteeed life changing money.

I hope the week off after Miami gets Coleman and Black back for the stretch run. We will need them to try to bottle L. Jackson.

With the bye week after Miami it would be nice if they could rest until FSU. That said...the other DL guys have another chance to show their stuff vs Miami. Love it when others step up when talented players go down.

Slayton will be the reason a couple of his defense mates get looks at the next level. Guys like Bennett and Frnaklin have the space to roam because he is terrorizing OL. He's also the reason Robinson is going to average 7-10 sacks a season in his time at Cuse and find himself an NFL draft pick.

Interesting to see how he projects on the next level. For now he is a freaking beast...our beast. Fun to watch.