SNY Cuse at Michigan St 2003 | Syracusefan.com

SNY Cuse at Michigan St 2003

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Great game. Crazy thing is I'm watching Cuse play man and Michigan St playing zone - first half. You forgt how good these kids were.

Anthony
Gmac
Warrick
Forth
Duany
Edelin
Pace
McNeil

I love this game I have it on DVD. Also notice how different the zone was then the wings don't play high like they do now. It was much more of a conventional 2-3 zone back then with the wings closer to the baseline.

Great game. Crazy thing is I'm watching Cuse play man and Michigan St playing zone - first half. You forgt how good these kids were.

Anthony
Gmac
Warrick
Forth
Duany
Edelin
Pace
McNeil
Especially Edelin. Seems like he is always mentioned as an afterthought.

Oops my bad, I posted the same thread a few minutes after this one. Melo was in his own league; I can't believe the skill set and awareness from a Freshman.

I forgot how close Chris Hill was to a Unibrow. ;)

This was the game that showed just how good that team was. Hostile environment. Red hot shooter. Strong rebounders. Yet, we were able to withstand everything they threw at us. And for a team of mostly freshman and sophs to pull it out was amazing.

Carmelo was simply a young man among young boys out there. A special college player. We were blessed to see him in Orange.

Especially Edelin. Seems like he is always mentioned as an afterthought.

Edelin helped seal that title for us. He was a damn good baller. His throwback style of play was unassuming and not flashy at all, which is why most never looked at him as a great college player. But he was.

I love this game I have it on DVD. Also notice how different the zone was then the wings don't play high like they do now. It was much more of a conventional 2-3 zone back then with the wings closer to the baseline.
When you had Hak and Melo as your two forwards you didn't need them up so high as they covered a lot of ground.

I remember watching that game and being p*ssed off at all the fouls called on McNeil and Forth while their bigs got away with murder in the paint.

Is there any truth to that watching it 10 years later?

When you had Hak and Melo as your two forwards you didn't need them up so high as they covered a lot of ground.

That's not it JB changed how the wings play in the zone he stated it a couple of years ago. I don't think that team was one of our better zone teams. They played a lot of man that year, but it was a great offensive team right up there with the 09-10 team.

Just saw this with 5 minutes left. Great game--my younger son and I were there in person.

Anthony
Gmac
Warrick
Forth
Duany
Edelin
Pace
McNeil

why did you list the players?

there is 1 great player. 1 good player. 1 good college player. 2 glue guys. 1 senior. 1 teacher. 1 blocker.

not 1 person on this board has forgotten any of their accomplishments.

That team had two power forwards. This team has none.

And I'd like to have seen Edelin at the point and GMAC at the '2' for four years. That would have been a great combination.

Poppy wannt YouTube taht one. I still have only seen it once from the breslin rafters

Man Edelin was tough. Such an old-school player, he was great to watch, shame he couldn't stay for 4 years.

Edelin and Pace singlehandedly kept us ahead in the game vs KU.

Pointing this out for the douchebags who say we only won a title "because of Melo."

Pointing this out for the douchebags who say we only won a title "because of Melo."

That would be double-handedly. Besides, GMAC and KU FT shooting were also major factors.

Well, let's spin it around and say we would not have won the title without Melo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom