Class of 2014 - So are we still in it with Pascal Chukwu at all? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 So are we still in it with Pascal Chukwu at all?

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I ask just because it seems like we're probably out now for Whitehead with the Joseph commitment, but may still be looking for another big man. As awesome as it would be to get Okonoboh so we can have both an Okoboh and Okonoboh on our roster at the same time (take that, Mr. Excitement), I figure if we're going to take another project 5 Chuwku's more interesting since, well, he's a taller project 5 than Okonoboh.

I ask just because it seems like we're probably out now for Whitehead with the Joseph commitment, but may still be looking for another big man. As awesome as it would be to get Okonoboh so we can have both an Okoboh and Okonoboh on our roster at the same time (take that, Mr. Excitement), I figure if we're going to take another project 5 Chuwku's more interesting since, well, he's a taller project 5 than Okonoboh.
I like his game, but not sure if the staff ever offered him.

His guardians whom Chukwu refers to as his parents prefer apparently a catholic education for the young man. It might be the only advantage we could have in recruiting him. He was supposed to visit BC this weekend and he cancelled the visit. A BC insider posted that PC is way ahead in this recruitment. Apparently Cooley's time at Fairfield is a big advantage as well because the kid attends Fairfield Prep.

UConn has been making a strong push recently but as I said apparently it will be a Catholic school. FWIW.

Catholic education? Is he majoring in theology or is there Catholic calculus, Catholic Biology, Catholic history? I didn't think Providence, Villanova, Georgetown, Notre Dame etc. elicits students to come and get a catholic education. My daughter will go to Siena and expects a secular education. What do his parents think he will be taught? St. Thomas Aquanis algebra?

Catholic education? Is he majoring in theology or is there Catholic calculus, Catholic Biology, Catholic history? I didn't think Providence, Villanova, Georgetown, Notre Dame etc. elicits students to come and get a catholic education. My daughter will go to Siena and expects a secular education. What do his parents think he will be taught? St. Thomas Aquanis algebra?

Good point, I should have said they want him to attend a Catholic School. Any day now I'm hearing FWIW

Definitely a good score for Providence but I really want that Cheick Diallo. He looks to be a good defender and a high motor-rebounder type we have been starving for as of late.