so Ducharme and Estrella for '23 | Syracusefan.com

so Ducharme and Estrella for '23

Yeah, I would tend to agree. As I've noted in the past, SU has reportedly offered like 16 guys in this cycle, but interviews, reports, analyst comments, etc., might seem to suggest that SU is really only heavily involved with JP and Reid. I had hoped for guys like Griffiths and Buzelis, etc., but no mentions of SU of late when they discuss their recruitments. I do agree the 2023 class will likely be small, unless a lot of transfers out come after the 2022-23 season. JP's recruitment is blowing up.

Are we confident there would be room for all 4?
Depends on a lot of things. Is mintz one and done? Do Joe and Symir utilize their 5th year of eligibility. Do any of the freshman transfer due to lack of playing time? Lots of factors and most importantly what is Jims plan after this season. If red takes over you will see continuity in the recruiting game which would be ideal.

It'll be hard for the coaches to know who they need until the 6 Freshman start playing and showcase their abilities, and until we see who transfers after next season. It cuts the other way too -- it's hard for recruits to anticipate their role at this point since half the 2022-23 team hasn't played a single minute of college basketball yet. For that reason, I think it will be a quiet recruiting class. If a lot of guys transfer after next year, the coaches will probably have to rely heavily on the transfer portal.

In any event, it does seem like Ducharme and Estrella are realistic targets who are considering Cuse. Quality over quantity is the name of the game for 2023, given the number of bodies in the 2022 class, the upperclassmen's extra year of eligibility, and the availability of transfers. Hopefully they pursue realistic targets like Ducharme, Estrella, Autry etc., but also spend more time this off-season swinging for the fences with a 5-star. Retaining Benny and the 2022 class, and adding a 5-star or top 50 immediate impact player would be huge. That would be a good year. No doubt they'll also pick up one or two 3-star recruits and get someone from the portal though.

Trey and Reid are really
good and underrated. Trey reminds me of Jalen Brunson. The staff looks like they won't be blindsided , like they were with Ennis leaving. Even if Mintz is one and done we will be in great shape at guard with these 2.

Last edited:
if I was a betting man, as of right now those are the 2 guys that we get to commit. Now with that being said it is very early in recruiting so based on past years…we will have a 2 person class and almost certainly neither of these guys will be in the class lol

Those are 2 incredibly disappointing primary targets. Maybe they’re better than they’re rating (or lack there of) but I feel like syracuse can do far better

Those are 2 incredibly disappointing primary targets. Maybe they’re better than they’re rating (or lack there of) but I feel like syracuse can do far better
Bad take. You can be upset about previous recruiting and be wrong about Ducharme by just paying attention to rankings.

Trey and Reid are really
good and underrated. Trey reminds me of Jalen Brunson. The staff looks like they won't be blindsided , like they were with Ennis leaving. Even if Mintz is one and done we will be in great shape at guard with these 2.
Brunson was a 5 star recruit & national championship quality PG that is excelling in the NBA...neither of these dudes would put us in great shape. Would be the same thing we've dealt with since Ennis left.

Brunson was a 5 star recruit & national championship quality PG that is excelling in the NBA...neither of these dudes would put us in great shape. Would be the same thing we've dealt with since Ennis left.
I mean this is a somewhat fine, but lazy take. I don’t get why some of you are judging rankings when the live periods just started.

Pretty sure a few of you didn’t pay attention to any games this weekend and that’s fine, but rankings mean sht right now for a lot of kids.

I mean this is a somewhat fine, but lazy take. I don’t get why some of you are judging rankings when the live periods just started.

Pretty sure a few of you didn’t pay attention to any games this weekend and that’s fine, but rankings mean sht right now for a lot of kids.
They are what they are and when we recruit in the top 30-75 range we are relevant and when we recruit in the 100+ range we aren't. It's a generality and also accurate.

They are what they are and when we recruit in the top 30-75 range we are relevant and when we recruit in the 100+ range we aren't. It's a generality and also accurate.
So you admit you have not seen this kid play, have zero idea how he played this weekend and went to 247 just to b!tch?

That’s how you’re basing your argument because you want to start the same old discussion we have in every thread?

I like both of those kids more than I like anyone, except Juda, in this current class.

So you admit you have not seen this kid play, have zero idea how he played this weekend and went to 247 just to b!tch?

That’s how you’re basing your argument because you want to start the same old discussion we have in every thread?
Correct. Would also trust 247 over the homers here watching highlight videos and claiming things like all of our recruits are underrated, potential 1 and dones and JBA is gonna be a stud stretch 4.

if I was a betting man, as of right now those are the 2 guys that we get to commit. Now with that being said it is very early in recruiting so based on past years…we will have a 2 person class and almost certainly neither of these guys will be in the class lol
Yeah I was just going to say the same thing…plus if and when JB retires it turns it all upside down. Autry should give us a pretty good read on what is going down

Correct. Would also trust 247 over the homers here watching highlight videos and claiming things like all of our recruits are underrated, potential 1 and dones and JBA is gonna be a stud stretch 4.

Wow. Low blow and an ignorant uninformative post like i thought. You can be upset at previous recruiting and realize this kid shouldn't be ranked 125 based on how he's played this spring. Maybe come back in 6 months and see whos right. I don't think it's going to be you.

Last edited:
I think going by the rankings is fine, but if you are you gotta acknowledge where a kid is in spring of his jr year in HS is not likely where he'll end up - these 2 kids are moving ^

I think going by the rankings is fine, but if you are you gotta acknowledge where a kid is in spring of his jr year in HS is not likely where he'll end up - these 2 kids are moving ^
144 percent agree. From what I've read, Estrella should enter the national rankings when services next update 2023 ratings. Reid had a really nice AAU weekend and also had a nice junior season for Brewster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom