So... How do board members | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So... How do board members

Any particular lot people are meeting for tailgaiting or anything of that nature? Is all of this information being hidden on the payside? Seriously people! lol

You guys all missed the point on nycfan.

If he's there...and he sees 1 guy he knows from the board...he will absolutely SCREAM that person board nom de plume.

Everybody in the county will then know that there's at least 2 board members in the room.

Then you can make your decision to unveil yourself or not...

In Atlanta my daughter and I were standing in line to get into "the" designated Cuse bar (name not remembered). There were lots of people sitting outside and no chance in hell that Laura and I would be able to find a table on our own. So, I just yelled out "Syracusefan.com! Syracusefan.com! Anybody a member?" A table close by had several people raise their hands. I called, "I'm Beadle!" They yelled, "BEADLE!" Immediately they made room for me and Laura and we had a delightful couple hours. They were lurkers and of course, I have forgotten their screen names.

A great time was had by all until it was time to go to the Dome and I reached into my purse and discovered I had one ticket for that night and one ticket for Monday night. But that's another story (previously recounted).

I have also tried going up to people in bars and asking if they are on syracusefan.com, but that has never worked for me. I got lucky in Atlanta!
You probably would have had your choice of tables if you had yelled, "Well, hello, boys!" ;)

Pretty sure there was a t-shirt from way back in the day. Had the War Damn Otto on it:
457.jpg

I'll have to check to see if I still have mine when I get home.

Pretty sure there was a t-shirt from way back in the day. Had the War Damn Otto on it:
457.jpg

I've got mine.

It's no longer ready for prime time, but it's a good beach shirt.

Well, y'know, there could be a thread where we post our pictures so there's no confusion. But, I don't want to complicate anything.

War Damn Otto on the back and an official Danny Schayes autograph on the front of shirt.

Forza Azzurri said:
LOL...You beat me to it...find either NYCFAN or CTO...the rest will take care of itself...
This!

CuseTroop said:
I tried the whole "Are you on syracusefan.com" thing in Chicago. The guy goes "Heck yea I am!" When I asked his board name, he said, "What? Oh, I thought you asked if I was a Syracuse Fan..." and walked away lol. The "find cto" idea is a solid one. The amount of people she has introduced me to is ridiculous. Or you could go the ol Cusetroop route... Just post drunk pictures of yourself, and people will find you. I also have added a bunch of people from here to facebook over the years, that helps with the facial recognition, and makes it easier to plan meet ups and such. I think T-shirts would be too hard, as we all have our favorite cuse shirts to wear during games. There used to be a Pin years ago no? I say we bring that back.
That's how I found people. Recognizing CuseTroop from drunk photos and introducing myself.

CuseFaninVT said:
Or you could do like I did. Make some vague plans through PM and then text messages. Drive 5 hours through the Alaskan outback to a shady camp ground and hope for the best. I've met several members of this board and a previous one through a similar process to that. Haven't met one I'm not glad to know.
Apparently we were in Astoria at the same time and didn't find out until the next day a couple years back. That would have involved much less outback trekking. I'm guessing Alaska was more fun. Just a hunch.

So far, if I've read every thread correctly, an accurate summary would be the best way to tell if someone's on the board is matching syracusefan.com tattoos with personal screen name included in script (actual tattoo image TBD... maybe the payside could vote on it?)
tattoo.jpg

1284652336.jpg

6f689b5150727554edb63e242539047f.jpg

IMG_1552_large.jpg

8432260-standard.jpg

So far, if I've read every thread correctly, an accurate summary would be the best way to tell if someone's on the board is matching syracusefan.com tattoos with personal screen name included in script (actual tattoo image TBD... maybe the payside could vote on it?)
tattoo.jpg

1284652336.jpg

6f689b5150727554edb63e242539047f.jpg

IMG_1552_large.jpg

8432260-standard.jpg

do you find yourself autocompulsively itching boeheims nose ?

Here is the pin and the front of the shirt
image.jpeg

And here is the back
image.jpeg

457.jpg

Last edited:
I always feel awkward about asking people, and I struck out a couple times these past two weekends (and it does make you feel a bit creepy), but I did get to meet CTO in Chicago - she was great though I was so sky-high after our win I can barely remember what we talked about...I did give JB's sister a big hi-5 though (instigated by her)

I like to meet up with people I've never met in cities I've never been to and drink and yell things with them for two to four hours and then see them again three years later in a different city.

But only if they like the same Jersey / color/ University Athletic Program.

I see the War Otto Pin is in the thread now. perhaps there should be another issue? I did just find mine after being lost since moving to California.

I finally asked a couple of guys in my football section... we had been sitting next to each other for years... They are die hards and I thought no way they couldn't be part of the board... They weren't ... awkward. :confused: