So I am on vacation in Florida with the fan | Syracusefan.com

So I am on vacation in Florida with the fan

mark79

All Conference
I am in Florida with the family on vacation and I get a call from my bud in Danbury, CT that he has an extra ticket to the championship game if I want it.

Dilemma:

1) time on the beach with the family, or
2) hop on a plane Monday morning, go to the game, and fly back down to Florida Tuesday morning.

Of course we have to win tonight!! The wife is kind of against spending the 500 for the flight but what do you all think? I know what I think!!

You will never regret going. Missing it, however, ... This is a no brainer to me unless $500 is a real squeeze on finances.

Get on the plane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't get on the plane, I will and then hunt your buddy down for the extra ticket.

I am in Florida with the family on vacation and I get a call from my bud in Danbury, CT that he has an extra ticket to the championship game if I want it.

Dilemma:

2) hop on a plane Monday morning, go to the game, and fly back down to Florida Tuesday morning.

Of course we have to win tonight!! The wife is kind of against spending the 500 for the flight but what do you all think? I know what I think!!
Have a safe trip.
There are plenty more beach days.
Who knows when we'll win another NC?
(Besides, aren't they forecasting rain)?
And you're making a statement about loyalty for the family to appreciate and remember.

One other caveat... if I go (yeah, if...!) I will be by myself. Are there any others of you that are by yourselves that want to hang out a little? I would be getting into Atlanta around 2-ish, so I will have 5 hours or so to kill!

Or if there are others that wouldn't mind a fellow board member hanging around for a few hours it would make it a lot more fun for me... not really sure how to kill four or five hours. Would hate to just sit in my hotel room by myself...

Mark

One other caveat... if I go (yeah, if...!) I will be by myself. Are there any others of you that are by yourselves that want to hang out a little? I would be getting into Atlanta around 2-ish, so I will have 5 hours or so to kill!

Or if there are others that wouldn't mind a fellow board member hanging around for a few hours it would make it a lot more fun for me... not really sure how to kill four or five hours. Would hate to just sit in my hotel room by myself...

Mark
Will be there w/wife on Monday about that time if we win. Not sure which hotel at the moment.

Bring some beachy sand with you to Atlanta.

Dilemma:

Dude if she's only hung up on the money but doesn't actually mind that you go to the game then you go, it's a no brainer

6 months from now nobody will care or remember the money

Dilemma:

How old are your kids? I gave up my 2003 final four tickets because my daughter had an ice skating show. She was 5. If your kids are much older, get on the plane and go

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Dilemma:

You should definitely stay with your family...by the way, what's your bud's phone number?;)

I convinced my wife to come back a day early from vacation to go the Thursday Indiana game, when I got the "have an extra ticket call". Made the 10 hour drive back to the DC area just in time to make it, and was very glad I did.
Flying is definitely harder, but I think I'd try to go.

How old are your kids? I gave up my 2003 final four tickets because my daughter had an ice skating show. She was 5. If your kids are much older, get on the plane and go

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

My kid is 25 so no worries there. If we win tonight it's about 95% chance I'm going!

Will be there w/wife on Monday about that time if we win. Not sure which hotel at the moment.

I am staying at a Marriott on peachtree.
Should be there by 12 or 1 and then I got absolutely nothing to do until game time. Would be cool to hang out somewhere.

If it's not a primo seat, don't bother. You can get in the house for under face on Monday.

If it's not a primo seat, don't bother. You can get in the house for under face on Monday.

Luckily the ticket from my friend is free. The flight isn't. Using marriott miles for
the hotel. All in all, $500 for the championship game is a pretty good deal. Praying that they win tonight!!

The seats probably aren't the greatest. If I find a good deal I may upgrade as you are suggesting.

So my friend just calls me up and says he's got bad news. His source for my ticket just sold it!! Arghhhh. Can i be any more disappointed?? (in my best Chandler voice). He had told me his friend had 7 tickets and I could have one. I thought this was in the bag. Anyone got an extra?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom