So, in total, the people who ruined SU football... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So, in total, the people who ruined SU football...

Andrea Adelson
211424_100002405337637_2406307_n.jpg

The New England Patriots. They hired coach Mac which led to an Avalanche.

The Little Train That Could

The snowball that caught on fire

Just one man's compilation:

GRob
P
Buzz
Jake
Locals
The State Fair
The Utica Club beer shortage of '05
Bob Dole
Al Gore
Alex P. Keaton
Megatron
Barry Baker
Idris Price
Deshaun Williams
Craig Forth
The 2-3 Zone
Carrier
Taxes
Hippies
The Seinfeld series finale
Zack Morris
AC Slater
Mr. Belding
The "Time to make the donuts" guy
Troy Nunes
Madei Williams
Mike Vick
Latrez Harrison
CJ Leak
RutgersAl
The A-Team
Coneys
Justin Guarini
44s closing
Tully the Turtle

Did I miss anyone?

I was too lazy to look closely, but this needs to be added if it wasn't mentioned before.
Key-bank.gif

and the Key Play.

Also, was there anything worse to be associated with during the last decade than our 3rd down defense (specifically)? I feel like every time it was a Key Bank Key Play the opponent ran a 13 yard out route for the first down.

We all know that it's all George Bushes fault and the currant President ( choke ) is going to give S.U. a stimulus package to help us out. All we have to do is send him more of our money so he can redisdribute it to where it's needed.

It's been way too long since someone blamed Swish for something, so, Swish.

Swish, hell. I blame Fishy. Always have, always will. Can't trust that miserable son of a motherless goat.

I blame the same person I've blamed for everything since 1986:

I'm tired of you and your lack of accountability, Howard Jones!
Funny you mention that nane. Other than the effeminate little English New Waver dude, there actually was another guy named Howard Jones who served as the head coach of Syracuse in 1908 (6-3-1). Later coached at USC from 1925-1940, where he won 4 national championships (he also won one coaching Yale).

Jones finished his coaching career with a record of 194-64-21 and is a member of the College Football Hall of Fame. If I was an intrepid sportswriter, I would probably write a story about Jones, given who our opponent is on Saturday.

You Could Look It Up

Anyway, Jones played a key role establishing USC as a major power and they have pummelled us since a number of times, including last season, so you are right, Howard "Yalie" Jones is indeed partly to blame for the demise of Syracuse football.

Lastly, when Howard left Syracuse to coach Yale, he was replaced at Syracuse by his brother Tad Jones, whom he beat 15-0 in 1909 to help clinch his first national championship. It was the first time in college football history two brothers faced each other as head coaches. Tad lasted one more year at Syracuse, finishing with a record there of 9-9-1. He would go on to coach Yale from 1916-1927, finishing his coaching career with a record of 69-24-6. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1958.

So before we had the Jones brothers of Endicott, we had the Jones brothers of Hamden Connecticut. I won't mention Eric Ball, who is also from Hamden...

It was "that"...the beginning of the end.

Ben explains...

'Schwartzwalder jerked a thumb at the paper and growled, "Nobody wants to talk about football anymore. All they want to talk about is that. Some young kid I never saw before came into my office today. He asked me about that. I told him that I didn't talk to Communists, draft dodgers, flag burners or people trying to destroy our country."

Brian Pariani, can't forget Brian Pariani.

I'll add Rice Moss and Matt Hale for good measure.

whoever came up with
url

Funny enough, a guy who was helping me remodel my bathroom was just by and he coaches on the St. Joseph's HS football team here in CT. Their logo... a certain interlocking "SJ". :)

Central Connecticut State University ... or what it Southern Connecticut? What the heck, blame them both.
Pat Dye
Win Lyle
And definitely that SJ thingy
And John Thompson too

Edit: And that stupid, annoying train whistle at Purdue.

Funny enough, a guy who was helping me remodel my bathroom was just by and he coaches on the St. Joseph's HS football team here in CT. Their logo... a certain interlocking "SJ". :)
Funny. I live in the same town as Scooch. I have an SU national championship (basketball) ring which was made into a pendant. ... with that dumb short-lived logo on it. Most people here think it is a St Joe's ring ... from the local HS.

Edit: And that stupid, annoying train whistle at Purdue.

Thanks for that. Ugh. Worst. Road. Trip. Ever. Purdue fans apologized to me at breakfast the next day.

Still remember a dude from Chico yelling at Jake in the middle of the 3rd quarter. "you know what you gotta go Jake"

Has anyone mentioned Shelby Hill?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom