So Indiana may want Allen Griffin as an assistant coach | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

So Indiana may want Allen Griffin as an assistant coach

Well, they get really elite players every year, they put them in the pros in large number, they have outstanding fan support, they have the budget of a big state university and they always win their conference.

Other than that, sure, Kansas is a crap job.
Not what I said, but please feel free to continue with your own narrative.

Hop is married. If you have not lived in the Pacific NW you do not know how desirable it is. Any move has family considerations. Another fact to consider is that UW can easily outbid Syracuse for salary. Chris Petersen gets 5 million. Syracuse fans glory in our history, but our recent history is that of a bubble team, nothing special in our league. If our history is so relevant why do we lose so many recruiting battles? Could he return - I can't predict but the odds are against it. Things seem to be about to change for the better. Time will tell.
UW couldn’t put bid SU for a basketball coach, and it’s not close.

Football? Sure. Basketball? LOL, no.

Tje two schools have very different RoI’s in the 2 sports.

And you do know we’ve been severely sanctioned, which is why we’ve been down, right? We had several runs where we hit #1 in the rankings immediately prior to the sanctions.

The only knock on SU as a job is that you have to follow JB, and it’s very hard to live up to expectations when you’re following a hall of famer.

Last edited:
I don’t know how many times I have to say this - Hop will be the first call. It will be his job if he wants. I don’t know why there is more chatter about coaches and everything like that. I’m telling you that’s the deal. You guys want Info, take it.

AS FAR AS GRIFF GOES, this guy has unreal loyalty. The offer he turned down was astronomical and those are the things the fan base need to realize how lucky we are to have the guys we have that they don’t choose to jump BC of money.
If Hop passes will it be Red?

he will be in the circle of contenders. Young Beilein woulda been in there too (but obv not now) but if it’s not hop (even though I’m 95 pct sure it will be) there will be some familiar names on the list

I would assume Hop's success over the next few years is going to be critical. He performed quite well the first two years but last season was a disaster. Hope he turns it around. But if he doesn't, surely SU should look at options that could be better positioned for success. The program would be selling itself short bringing him back essentially because he is a loyal alum, not because of his track record. I would hope in such a case Oats (assuming he continues to succeed) and others would be considered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom