So Rick Pitino was on my flight from LaGuardia to Raliegh | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So Rick Pitino was on my flight from LaGuardia to Raliegh

I'm telling you it was Pitino. This guy had those same haggard looking eyes and he spent the whole time pouring over papers. Most normal people would be using a tablet/phone to do work. And he had the same stature and hair, my pic sucks plus we don't usually see him wearing glasses

The resemblance is less than striking, besides why would Pitino arrive five days early for a game?
Typically, teams fly in the evening before a game and then head home immediately.

Were there any other obvious signs it could be him? Was he dribbling a ball up and down the aisle? Did the guy make a play for the flight attendant, or try and call a timeout at any point during the flight? Just trying to help figure this thing out.View attachment 55217
Did he get on any tables?

bobafett.jpg

I can't even figure out which person is supposed to be Pitino.

I know you had a better view in person than we do in the photo - but I'm thinking there might be a random unknown guy out there wondering why his photo is being talked about all over a basketball board if he ever came across this site.

To me, it's not the glasses. It's more the shape of his head/face, hair line, and body size. Other than those items...
i sat next to Phillip Seymour Hoffman once on a plane

1385904722552206.jpg

I think that is Rick Pitino in the seat behind you! (don't let the glasses throw you, many people wear glasses for reading.)

I'm pretty sure that's Charles Barkely in the window. But it's a turrible pic.

Sorry Kelly, unless the plane you were on traveled backward in time (you must have been traveling very fast), that guy in your pic looks 20 years younger than Pittino.

I saw Rick Pitino up close about a year ago at a youth tournament and was struck by how much he had aged, with a good bit of gray in his hair and his complexion poor. It just seems to me that the guy in the photo looks more healthy than I think Pitino looks these days.
It is true that Pitino has a gray-ish cast to his skin and his cheeks are sunken. Maybe it's just that he doesn't have enough fat stored up to withstand the deterioration of old age.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom