So Rogers gets no credit? | Syracusefan.com

So Rogers gets no credit?

I have heard axe use this stat too, SU gave up 20+ two times in 1997. Trust me on that. Fortunately, we won one of those games we gave up 21.

yeah I got that from Axe today I knew I should’ve fact checked it lol.

I’m not banging on Rogers either he’s obviously had a great career, but I’m not sure what people want Syracuse to do when they say he deserved better. For whatever reasons, the Syracuse defense has not been good for awhile now and its time to move on.

Easy for me to say, I know, but I’ve wondered how the former players are feeling about all this.

Guy was here for a long time and seemed to do a good job for the most part. Excited for the changes, and I get it's Big Boy sports, but think the previous regime all deserved a little better send off.
if you don't have the ear of the a.d., or those that do aren't in your corner, this is what you get when some folks are in charge.
did i miss even a statement on leland's dismissal? doubt it. i'm sure they have it all figured out.

yeah I got that from Axe today I knew I should’ve fact checked it lol.

I’m not banging on Rogers either he’s obviously had a great career, but I’m not sure what people want Syracuse to do when they say he deserved better. For whatever reasons, the Syracuse defense has not been good for awhile now and its time to move on.

Easy for me to say, I know, but I’ve wondered how the former players are feeling about all this.
but actually you were banging on rogers. maybe a statement he's no longer dc when you've basically hired a new dc?
how would it look for them to say they hired gary before desko got to say he's stepped down?

but actually you were banging on rogers. maybe a statement he's no longer dc when you've basically hired a new dc?
how would it look for them to say they hired gary before desko got to say he's stepped down?
but, that DID happen...

Since when do AD's announce statements over assistants coaches when the Head Coaches have been let go ? I've never seen that before ever.

IMO, the parting ways and retirement was just the way everybody saved faced. He was let go and subsequently so were the assistants until the new Coach says who's being retained, like with March. I'm sure when Petro is announced Gait will thank Leland for his work and dedication to the Syracuse program.
maybe you think this has all been handled the way it should be, or often is. start to finish. it hasn't felt that way to me and maybe some others, especially given their tenure.

i wish the new guys all the best. they have a lot of ingredients to be successful.

maybe you think this has all been handled the way it should be, or often is. start to finish. it hasn't felt that way to me and maybe some others, especially given their tenure.

i wish the new guys all the best. they have a lot of ingredients to be successful.

Its never easy letting a long term successful staff go. There's no playbook. But this stuff is taking place in offices not in a public forum. I'm sure Leland has been hugged and not cast aside and I'm sure when Petro is announced Gait will thank Leland for his work and dedication to the Syracuse program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom