So what happens now with Babers? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So what happens now with Babers?

KellySyracuse said:
isn't there a press conference tomorrow morning too? This should be another interesting week waiting on who he hires for his staff

Recruiting dead period starts in 8 days. So I think next week will be more focused on filling out the staff.

Priority #1 - Keep Dungey from transferring. Nothing else matters IMO until this is resolved.
Dungey is thinking of transferring? I hadn't heard this.

He does not coach bowl game he starts immediately.

With our luck, he'll get right to work, turn things around immediately, win us a national championship, and head to the SEC. We can never catch a break.

Kind of a dick move not to coach the final game, no?

I know this is how it works a lot but why?

GoHamSU said:
Kind of a dick move not to coach the final game, no? I know this is how it works a lot but why?
Time is money. His bg players have been supportive

My guess is the new school (us) needs him ASAP, a bowl game an more as an exhibition game. I could see the other side of the argument, but I think that's how it's done

He needs to focus on recruiting and getting his staff together for his new job. It's all of the coaches are doing that got new jobs this year. It's become the standard practice.

I think he works the phone to talk to recruits. He's got A LOT to do at SU and kids/families will understand that.

Tell the recruits you / your staff will come to meet them in person after the dead period but right now you're needed on campus.

Not a dick move, pretty much the standard, can't serve 2 masters. We also can't wait until end of December/January before he starts or it defeated the purpose of starting early with the search. We would also lose half our recruits if that happened.

I don't want our HC coaching BGSU under contract with SU, he should be out recruiting.

Bronco is coaching BYU's bowl game but he's been HC there for a decade. He probably wanted a clean end with his players and UVA was cool with it.

Anyone think at least one staff member will be announced tomorrow?

Not at all. A dick move would be announcing before their Mac championship before talking to his team and taking his coaching staff with him.

Seems to me, he's done everything right.

GoHamSU said:
Kind of a dick move not to coach the final game, no? I know this is how it works a lot but why?

how can we recruit if we dont have a staff? one coach isnt going to get a ton done this week. last time didnt we wait to announce guys even with them on the road?
We have 7 days to calm nerves. How much can we get done

We have 7 days to calm nerves. How much can we get done

If he can keep the current group and add a few that were on the fence plus maybe add one or two from BG that fit what he wants, I'm a very happy fan.

Priority #1 - Keep Dungey from transferring. Nothing else matters IMO until this is resolved.

Is there something you'd like to share with the rest of the class?

If he can keep the current group and add a few that were on the fence plus maybe add one or two from BG that fit what he wants, I'm a very happy fan.
Right, I think that's the goal for next week. Forget about hiring a line coach. That will come during dark period

Is there something you'd like to share with the rest of the class?
If it's not health related why on earth would he think about transferring? Everyone who loves fast football should be jacked up.

Right, I think that's the goal for next week. Forget about hiring a line coach. That will come during dark period

Agreed unless he can do both. All these coaches know how this recruiting and job hunting game goes. I wonder how many coaches have contacted HCDB?

Couple reasons why it's better for the coach's original school also:
  • They'd like someone coaching the bowl game that can give it his undivided attention and loyalty.
  • If you make it difficult for him to succeed at his next job, it could make it harder to recruit a new coach that might be good enough to move on at some point.

Couple reasons why it's better for the coach's original school also:
  • They'd like someone coaching the bowl game that can give it his undivided attention and loyalty.
  • If you make it difficult for him to succeed at his next job, it could make it harder to recruit a new coach that might be good enough to move on at some point.

Plus it gives BG a chance to look at the current staff and how they handle the bowl game for possibly being the new HC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom