So What's the Attendance Excuse for Friday Night? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

So What's the Attendance Excuse for Friday Night?

Why don't we put aside b!tching about our own attendance for a moment, and mock someone else?...

Last Saturday our bestest buddies from the Nutmeg State played a game against Temple in East Hartford and drew 27,755.

Meanwhile 40 miles to the south those titans of FCS football, the Yale Bulldogs, played Army in front of... 34,142 in the historic Yale Bowl.

Yes, UConn was outdrawn by Yale.

Giddyup.

Why don't we put aside b!tching about our own attendance for a moment, and mock someone else?...

Last Saturday our bestest buddies from the Nutmeg State played a game against Temple in East Hartford and drew 27,755.

Meanwhile 40 miles to the south those titans of FCS football, the Yale Bulldogs, played Army in front of... 34,142 in the historic Yale Bowl.

Yes, UConn was outdrawn by Yale.

Giddyup.
We might be outdrawn by Yale as well...

I was at Metlife for PSU and for ND. PSU game had 61K total...probably 40K PSU to 20K SU.

The ND game had roughly 77K people in attendance. There is absolutely no way in he11 that 35K were SU fans. It was absolutely 2:1 ratio for ND. 25K SU fans max. We tailgated in Lot L 10 I believe, and basically ND fans as far as the eye could see with a few SU folks sprinkled in. Sat in 316 and were outnumbered by Irish fans at least 3:1. Looking around the stadium, you saw pockets of orange, but make no mistake about it, ND fans showed up in full force. It was anything but a "home game" for SU.

I was there as well. I would say no way in he11 to 25k as well. 20k max. 3/4 ND fans

Spoke with our friend again, about 33k as of this morning. This person is always spot on, this is the person that orders the busses.

Looks like normal traffic on 81, pretty empty for the live pre game show.