So when everyone comes back healthy | Syracusefan.com

So when everyone comes back healthy

GoSU96

Living Legend
Should they slide Byrne to right guard and kick Palmer over to RT?

Should they slide Byrne to right guard and kick Palmer over to RT?
Makes sense given his experience, but, I'm not a fan of Palmer at Tackle. Not really built for it, and wasn't strong there before.

I'd rather develop what we have there, I'm not paid to make those decisions though.

I wonder if Byrne and the other young linemen have learned the new system better because they didnt need to unlearn an older system (or 2) and dont have to shake off old tendancies

I wonder if Byrne and the other young linemen have learned the new system better because they didnt need to unlearn an older system (or 2) and dont have to shake off old tendancies
Feel free to correct me, but, from what I understand this system is less complex. The biggest adjustment is the pace. Technique shouldn't change that much.

Conway Roberts Byrne Palmer Adam when healthy.

We don't really have a RT. I don't like Palmer at OT, and would prefer Adam inside, but imo he is one of the young guys that must play. I think the OL play has really picked up since Byrne took over at OC. He was shaky with his shotgun snaps in his first game, but seems to have got that square away. Whoever it shakes out I want to see Conway, Adam, Byrne, and Roberts out there to get them developed. Hopefully guys like Heckel, O'Sullivan prove to be contributors and use this RS year to work on their size. I don't want to jump the gun, but the future of our OL has some nice potential.

Conway Roberts Byrne Palmer Adam when healthy.

We don't really have a RT. I don't like Palmer at OT, and would prefer Adam inside, but imo he is one of the young guys that must play. I think the OL play has really picked up since Byrne took over at OC. He was shaky with his shotgun snaps in his first game, but seems to have got that square away. Whoever it shakes out I want to see Conway, Adam, Byrne, and Roberts out there to get them developed. Hopefully guys like Heckel, O'Sullivan prove to be contributors and use this RS year to work on their size. I don't want to jump the gun, but the future of our OL has some nice potential.

No McGloster?

Byrne had that one holding penalty. Watching the replay, it was definitely a hold, but I liked that he just threw that 325 lb guy to the ground like he weighed 125. Seems pretty strong for a redshirt freshman.

No McGloster?

Byrne had that one holding penalty. Watching the replay, it was definitely a hold, but I liked that he just threw that 325 lb guy to the ground like he weighed 125. Seems pretty strong for a redshirt freshman.

I'm not really a fan of McGolster. I give him credit. He has done more than I ever imagined he would when he signed here, but imo it's more important to develop the young guys. I don't see a big enough gap between what he currently has to offer and what one of the young guys will give you.

No McGloster?

Having seen plenty of more blatant holds, I was surprised that was the one they called. There was only FIVE penalties called, and four were against us. That said, Byrne plays a lot meaner and shows solid technique

Byrne has had false start penalties in both games. Work in progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom